Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars

Go down 
+2
Rocky2
ecreip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ecreip
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
ecreip

Country : Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars Scotland-2

Location : Ireland Number of posts : 40 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho/Bad news Brown

Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars Empty
PostSubject: Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars   Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Does anybody agree that the wwe is using too many silly gimmicks/storylines nowadays and letting good talent (young and established ) go to waste

For example

Kane
Chavo
William Regal
Christian
R-Truth
Drew Mcintyre

Bring back some Attitude to this Era i say
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars   Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 pm

To be fair, I don't think Kane will be around for much longer and he doesn't seem that interested so it would be a waste giving him a big push.

I agree with you about Chavo and Christian.

William Regal has been given good opportunities over the past 2 years, he won King Of The Ring and became GM of RAW last year and was even in the running for a WWE Championship match but he got suspended and lost that momentum. He also had a fairly long IC title run which ended poorly and he is now one of the biggest heels on ECW with his own stable. I wouldn't be surprised if he became the figurehead of an international stable similar to TNA's World Elite.

R Truth has also done well and it's too early to see what will happen with Drew McIntyre.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Country : Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars England-1

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars   Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Bring back the attitude era?

The attitude era was just as bad with silly gimmicks, maybe even worse than now. It's just the good bits outshine the bad bits, today's problem is the main product is so bad that people notice the worst stuff even more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars   Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Of the wrestlers posted...

kane - has been a main event talent, and is now helping get new guys over. if only other wrestlers would do this...

Chavo - has had his chance at being a player (his feuds with Rey, Benoit and co) and never once got over with the crowd. a talented guy yes, but how many chances should someone have?

Christian - is the ECW champ, appears on every PPV, and has been a world champ in TNA. He's also in his mid-thirties, surely WWE should be looking at younger guys to carry the company forward?

Regal - his massive push was due when he won the King of the Ring. What happens? Wellness test violation a month later. Since then, he's won the IC strap, and is now feuding for the ECW title. Another who's not that over with the US crowd.

R-Truth - this one I agree with! Massively under-used.

Drew McIntyre - he's been on smackdown for 3 weeks. Give him a chance!
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Country : Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars England-1

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars   Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Also, for all the talent that's being wasted/under-used there's plenty that are being well-utilised (in some cases overused) like CM Punk, Mysterio (when he's not suspended), Jeff Hardy (when he was there), Orton, Legacy, John Morrison etc.

The problem with a large roster like WWE's is there's only a finite number of top spots on the roster and you need to prove that you belong in those spots. Of course it helps if you are given an opportunity to prove you belong but, as already mentioned most of the guys listed above have already had more than one opportunity and, for whatever reason failed to impress.

And if you're looking for stupid gimmicks, they used to be a lot worse - anyone remember TL Hopper the wrestling plumber?
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Country : Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars Ireland

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars   Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:18 pm

I agree with R-Truth and Chavo, Truth is being horribly underused by WWE but he seems to be one of those guys that can be world champion in any Indy fed and TNA no problem but never quite makes it at the top level.
Chavo hasn't really gotten over with the crowd but surely he shouldn't be jobbed to Hornswoggle, he should be used to get younger talent like Bourne, Swagger etc over not get jobbed out to a stupid midget!!
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars   Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars Empty

Back to top Go down

Is WWE selling out a lot of potential superstars / established superstars
Page 1 of 1