Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Another raw, another guest host......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

Another raw, another guest host...... Empty
PostSubject: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:50 pm

I did think that through the guest host feature, that maybe raw would pick up....and it has....but not much and this week's raw was another addition to the strange world that is the celeb guest host......
ive been told a million times if i dont like the product that i should just turn off.....but with the promise ecw and smackers have been showing recently.....i figure im gonna hold out for raw to pick up....because it has before and it will again...but for now why not bring up flaws before wwe has chance to realise it Razz

- Marcswoggle - an obvious attempt to draw on the younger audience, but cmon vince and crew, there are better and more tasteful way to do this....and i noticed that the pop for henry in this guise was nowhere near as big as previous weeks.....notice henry didnt really wanna dance.....
- Dr Ken - Now i have wanted to, but i havent yet seen the film THE HANGOVER so his character didnt ring any bells with me.....i did however find him funny.....for the first 5 mins and then his screechy wierd taunty voice just annoyed me and made me wonder...if Piven is guest host...why oh why is this guy here tooooo!!!
- The Matches - There were two matches that i thought could have been awesome if they had played out a little longer. I know the swagger v bourne match was used to build the mvp/swagger fued...but still...almost a squash compared to last weeks match. and primo v carlito could have been the match of the show....but they decided to make it short and end it clean with no visible build....maybe this fued is gonna be about one-ups-manship between the brothers, but i would have like to have seen more as both guys have superior in ring skill.
- Piven - I know its a low blow....but all i want to say is "Summerfest"......if cena has to correct a hollywood star....somethin aint right...

My main question is....Miz is banned from raw?......any chance hes going to smackers to replace a fleeting jeff hardy?..

Anyway enough of my whingin........i know the PG era has arrived but it doesnt mean that the flagship show has to slow down alltogether does it?.....Sgt Slaughter next week......anyone remember which popular stable was a common enemy of his during the attitude era?...big nose and captain high pants?....i smell a reunion....
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:11 pm

The guest host has to end soon, as soon as Piven referred to Summerslam as "Summerfest" the writing was on the wall, this guy just proved to the watching world he knew absolutely nothing about the WWE, it cheapens the entire show, no longer now does RAW open with a bang and the top guy or a shock opens the show, we don't get any killer promo to begin with, no fast paced match to get set the tone of the evening, we get the guest host coming out and trying to convince us we 1. know who he is, 2. want to watch him and 3. should watch his own personal product!

What happened to the Miz is a complete joke, I like the guy simply because he is fresh, I had no problem with Cena going over him at the PPV after all the promos Miz cut on Cena, however the complete burying of the guy last week which again might have been understandable then this week is shocking, it looked like the entire heel RAW roster Big Show apart vs Cena as well as the GM and his lackey yet the Miz with all that help and a weapon still wasn't booked to go over him, its a shocker.

What now for Miz, hopefully its not the end on RAW, I think this will be the beginning of a storyline, but this Cena/Miz feud has absolutely no legs left in it now after the complete jobbing he has been doing so even if he did return to RAW what would it be for? he would need to enter into a program with Cena for credibility but who wants to see that after he jobbed four times in a row even when he had a 9 on 1 advantage?

So does he go to SmackDown!? that would be logical but again it would be logical to enter into a program with Morrison, but with Morrison on the crest of a big push would their be any other outcome than Morrison burying him?

Nice to see Triple H back to his best, absolutely killing Legacy, thats how to bury the wrestlecrap out of someone while jobbing, Trips has mastered that art-form, he then totally kills Batista, Flair and then Michaels by claiming he doesn't do 'jobs' which is ridiculous in itself, this is what DX 2000 is all about, its extremely poor and thats why not many like or want to see it anymore!

Also, way to kill off your US Champ, about two moves of an offence and being brutalised the entire match, he should never have been in that match, it was probably the only way to go with the match with the way Show is being presented just now however their where more guys than Kofi who could have took that beating!

Also, do the crowd even know or remember who MVP is? he made the save with a run out and you could hear a pin drop!

RAW has the talent available to them, it wouldn't be hard to make a decent show out of it, however for some reason whats being presented is apparently entertainment, not in my opinion though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 pm

i agree about the kofi vs show match , it felt (and i know its probably just me) like big show was no selling alot of the moves. Now i know Show is a good 200 plus pounds heavier, but a kick to the gut is a kick to the gut....just seemed like they didnt help make Kofi look any stronger with this match.....not to mention that if they are gonna squash the US champ like that....they could have at least built up the fued with Cryme Tyme and had them make the save.......it makes you wonder if instead of head writers they have an automated computer system that just picks random events, and thats what they go with......

The Dx thing......well i didnt wanna go into any detail on that one, because like you and many others......i think DX is a dinosaur now....and if they wanna bring back a team from ten years ago.....they should also bring back the great tv that accompanied that team....bringing back a great team to a stale era isnt the answer vince old boy.....and also i know its been said before...but DX on a PG rated show???...a slightly hypocritical situation isnt it?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 pm

People always moan about the PG rating

People have to stop blaming the PG rating on everything, it was that rating when Triple H broke into Ortons house, smashed him and the house to bits, same rating when Haitch was smashing legacy and limos about with a sledgehammer, same PG rating when Orton was nailing Haitch with a sledgehammer while seriously assaulting woman as well as kissing an unconscious woman while her handcuffed husband was made to watch!
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:09 pm

i understand that completely man, im not moaning about PG really...im just sayin that with the whole "suck it" thing and things of a crude nature that DX got away with in 98-99 era.....well isnt that the kinda thing dx stand for?......so its pulling DX's entire reason for existing a little thin by sticking them in an era where they cant do the stuff that made them great before...

I have to admit, the PG thing bothered me at first but......i read a few JR Blogs , watched a few old school ppvs from when wwe was awesome and PG back in the day and came to the conclusion that its not the PG rating that is the issue.....its creative and thier pot of orginal ideas thats running dry....
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:47 pm

thats exactly what it is, the creative have no idea how to make something work because Vince wants everything to be completely over ASAP and if it isn't he drops it, good ideas don't stand a chance these days unless the audiance can be fed the punch line almost immediately
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:26 pm

DX is a joke because of who's in it, not the PG rating.

Michaels is a holy man and Trips is the bosses son-in-law, hardly "degenerates" now is it?

Plus there both too old anyway, it's the wrestling equivalent of your Dad drunkenly dancing at a wedding :sad:

It shits all over what DX was about, feck knows who they appeal to now.
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 pm

haha its all true mate. Times have changed and so have the members of DX, so you would have thought they would have ruled out bringing it bak years ago.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 am

I actually think this is possibly the worst Raw I have ever seen.

Jermey Piven had no clue about the WWE, even John Cena, who's a pretty big name out of the wrestling world, he didn't seem to know who he is. Cena had to basically translate what he was saying so it would make sense to the viewers, it was stupid.

Dr. Ken was obviously brought in to add comedy to Piven who was pretty boring tbh, but he's like the Big Brother people, just because the're weird doesn't mean they are funny. I don't think I laughed at one thing he did. And also I haven't seen the Hangover but other things he's in and his characters are nothing like that so I don't understand why he acted like that.

The Miz burial was truly shocking, to start off it didn't really make sense why Piven and Ken were helping the Miz after the start of the show, or why Chavo was there either after what they did to him. It didn't make any sense. And then the actual match was pathetic, The Miz hardly got any offence and then The Miz still lost clean.

I'm gonna watch it next week to see if someone actually connected to the wrestling world in Sgt. Slaughter can do a better job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 pm

like i say...slaughter = dx's worst enemy back in the day.....sgt slobber was his nickname wasnt it?
So im guessing dx will be re-uniting next week or at least throwing a few more hints to the dx reunion..
JUst wondering why whoever HHH was speaking to on the phone hung up on him?...bit puzzling?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:51 pm

the only way the guest host can continue is if they are related to wrestling in some way, Batista (ok not my favourite for it) had an issue with Legacy being a current wrestler used the GM powers to put Orton at a disadvantage, DiBiase Snr was pushing Ted DiBiase Jr by having him face Orton.

As long as the guest GM's are wrestling related i think it could work, potential hosts: Dusty Rhodes (reply to Million Dollar Man complaining he wasn't in HOF), Cowboy Bob Orton, Austin (potentially) there are plenty of possibilities (people put out injured whilst in Legend Killer gimmick like Sgt Slaughter)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another raw, another guest host......   Another raw, another guest host...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Another raw, another guest host......
Page 1 of 1