Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia

Go down 
+3
Rocky2
JacMan
the-gaffer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:34 pm

This is just a little article on guys who should be in the main event scene or at the very least be around it often enough to be considered a realistic opponent if and when the time comes.

Christian: This guy has the lot, the move set, the look, excellent on the mic, can make himself and others constantly look good, 2 time NWA/TNA World Champion and 2 time ECW Heavyweight Champion along with a host of other title honours to his name, you can only hope that his time will come, if so I doubt he will disappoint.

MVP: MVP is another who you would expect to have some form of main event experiance by now, two years ago he was hot as hell and entered into a big program with Matt Hardy, he needs to be given the ball now to see if he can run with it, on RAW though, its always going to be doubtful

Carlito: Carlito is a guy who looked destined for the top, unique look, very decent in the ring and charismatic with and without the mic, got his own talk show and things looked good, was given a few wins over Cena during the superman push which signalled top guy in waiting to almost everyone, he reminds me sometimes of Eddie Guerrero, his attitude apparently stinks though and it doesn't take much for him to get disheartened, his time for such a push has possible come and gone, but he is still young enough to salvage it, the writers/creative/himself have to make sure they push him correctly though.

Mark Henry: I've never been much of a fan of 'Mr Ratings' but their is no doubt about it the fans are buying into him in a big way since his return to RAW, he has basically squashed Jericho the best in the business and The WWE Champion Randy Orton, he is at a stage where he is conducting the RAW Orchestra, before his return most crowds where quite dead, he has made a big impression, will the WWE use him to give Orton someone else for a change if he gets by Cena?

Jack Swagger: This is tricky, while I think his time could be best served with a long reign as the US Champion, particularly since he is a "two time two time All American American" I can see big things for Jack Swagger, much in the same way I could see Lesnar going all the way to the top, the difference? while he is nowhere near as strong as Lesnar he has genuine love for the sport which will work in his favour, he is my early dark-horse to win the 2010 Royal Rumble

Kofi Kingston: This guy has been heavily pushed since he was drafted to RAW last year without it being over bearing and down our throats, he won the IC title the tag titles and now is the US title holder, plenty of faith has been shown in him, he reminds me a touch like Booker T with the athletic abilities of Jeff Hardy mixed in, he is a very charismatic guy and despite never seeing him as one I think he would make a great heel in good time

John Morrison: No doubts this guy has more than paid his dues to the business, he has won the tag titles five times, won the IC title once and won the ECW Heavyweight Championship once too, he was in two fantastic tag teams and has recently broken out as a singles face, the first time I can recall him as such, he is doing very well and looks like he could get an opportunity but is he ready?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Agree with everyone there Gaffer apart from Henry. Can't stand him. Think he is rubbish on the mike and average in the ring. Everyone else though will be main event in the next 3 years if they remain loyal to wwe
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:57 pm

I don't think Henry would be a long term main eventer anyway, I do think though he might actually be a stop gap option to give Orton someone else to have a mini feud with, if he keeps getting the crowds pop then I can see it happening
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:42 pm

I don't mind Henry on the mic, he's not too bad IMO. I do think he needs to change his entrance music though, it doesn't sound right for a face I feel.

Just out of interest, what would Kofi be like as a heel (e.g. a psycho or a businessman like type of character)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 6:28 pm

henry should use the sexual chocolate theme.now that was calm and relaxing
Back to top Go down
Spinebuster_94
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
Spinebuster_94

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 11 Favourite Wrestler : Arn Anderson

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 4:08 pm

I don't think Carlito or Kofi will really be ready for the main event for at least a few more years. Morrison, Henry and Swagger will need a decent feud to elevate their status before becoming Main Eventers and this might be the case with MVP too. There is not a chance Christian will become a main eventer if he is to remain on the ECW brand. ECW is too undervalued.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:13 pm

Rocky, Henrys music is the best in the WWE, anyone who wants rid of that should have their ears cut off
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:28 am

Kay Fabe wrote:
Rocky, Henrys music is the best in the WWE, anyone who wants rid of that should have their ears cut off

the only entrance music i actually have on my ipod, an awesome piece of music.

anyway back on topic, i feel the only wrestler whos ship has sailed in terms of the main event is carlito (unless its the TNA main event), he doesnt seem to have the motivation to push himself
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:33 am

On my IPOD i have the themes of

Edge
Mark Henry
Orton
John Cena
HHH
jeff hardy
mvp
matt hardy
batista
cm punk
hbk
john morrison
jericho
batista
and kane's old theme.

my favpurite is probably Mark Henry's or Edge's
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:34 am

and i have Christian's aswell. That is a good theme. I preferred the TNA one to the WWE even though it's the same song. I prefer Waterproof Blonde's version
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:12 pm

I think we'll see John Morrison be the first to crack into the main event from these people, he's got the look, he's got charisma and he's good in the ring, I still think he needs a better finisher and a big feud to get him over.

People who say Christian is on the ECW brand so therefore will never get pushed to the main event doesn't know what they are talking about. ECW is there especially to get people over and to push them, CM Punk is the best example. Also Christian was allegdedly supposed to return in a massive storyline with Jeff which was only changed because of internet leaks etc.

I think if Carlito can stay motivated he could definatly be pushed but unfortunaly I think he is like Benjamin who is destined for a life in the mid-card, no doubt he has talent but the motivation just isn't there.

I don't mind Mark Henry and I think he is a pretty good big man, I don't think him feuding with Orton will bring off any classic promos or matches. But is always an option for a mini-feud, also could get Orton over if they push Henry and allow Orton to go over him clean, might actually make him look not weak.

MVP needs to be pushed soon otherwise I think his chance will pass, he's quite old now and even if he gets pushed won't have a lot of time at the top, so the sooner he gets pushed the better.

Jack Swagger I'm sure will main event WWE at some point in the next year or so, he's the next big thing and so far I think WWE have handled him very well. He hasn't been pushed to the moon immediatly but he got over quickly on ECW and I think he could definatly start being pushed around the rumble time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Dittybox2
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
Dittybox2

Location : Dundee Number of posts : 27 Favourite Wrestler : Edge

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Christian- Not so much 'Would Be' Main Event as 'Should Be' Main Event, Im pretty sure when the time comes (and it's drawing near) for the new breed of main eventers Christian should rise to the top

MVP- Not so sure about this guy, loved him as a heel but i find him a very blah face, unfortunatly time is not on his side

Carlito- I like him, I really do, but for all his in ring qualities he needs to learn to keep his trap shut, he lost an awful lot of momentum when he lost his IC title to Ric Flair and the subsequent angles weakend him, Flair and Benjamin. IMO to get this guy moving up again they need to have him and Primo take their feud up a notch (they could have a fantastic climactic ladder match) and have him come out on top, after that a lengthy US title reign will put him in position for the Money in the Bank case, he could cut some killer promos with the case (and his inbuild arrogance)

Mark Henry- I don't like him but I can see him getting pushed anyways

Jack Swagger- I think the moment he puts the 1-2-3 for the US title were gonna see Swagger go places I have no fear of that

Kofi Kingston- I like Kingston and have enjoyed his quiet push on RAW. My only concerns are that he's not brilliant on the mic and unlkie everyone else on the list I can't see '...and the new WWE Champion KOFI KINGSTON' the only things I can see for Kingston (barring a massive about face on WWE's superstar policy) are the ECW title or a life on the upper midcard

John Morrison- The comparisons between this boy and Shawn Michaels are endless (ok maybe a bit less gifted in the ring) but I see him flirting and maybe capturing the World Heavyweight Title by the time WM26 is over.

The only other guy I can see heading for the top is Tyson Kidd he reminds me a lot of Chris Benoit if he could just develop a bit more personality (and drop that silly hair gimmick) I think he could do well, and at 29 he does have few years before his time comes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia   The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Would Be' Main Event Mafia
Page 1 of 1