Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE-Improving!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Over the past few months,I have actually found some aspects of the WWE are becoming more watchable by the day.There's been a lot of talk about the WWE and it's problems but I think that the WWE are doing some things right.

1.IC/US Title standing in the company

I think the WWE have done a really good job since Mania of re-establishing these titles.From what I can remember since Mania there has been either a US or IC Title match on a PPV Card.I also think that they're using it correctly to help push the younger guys further up the card but also using it to help people Like MVP and The Miz who have no current storylines.I think Kofi is ever improving and over on Smackdown! I Think a programme between Dolph Ziggler and Rey Rey has the potential to be a good feud.But the revival of this is owed to pretty much 2 people.Mysterio and Jericho had a great 3 month programme that really put the title back on the map.

2.Midcard Matches

Another thing that I feel WWE have done well is the fact that more Non-title midcard matches are appearing on PPV's.Backlash We Had Punk vs Kane,Next Punk Vs Umage,Dolph vs Khali and I think Morrison had a match on PPV as well.This can only help as they're getting used to PPV crowd and also showcasing their talents.

3.Jericho

He's just bloody brilliant.This man could be at the top of the WWE but he's spent all the time since Mania first helping to re-establish the IC Title as the stepping stone to the big leagues.And now it looks like he's going to help re-establish the tag division all whilst using some great one-liners against the Miz on twitter..Dick Magnet lol!

4.Brand Distinction

Probably without knowing it,the WWE has made all three brands having their own identity.

ECW-The brand where the new talent is allowed to come through and also giving Christian the chance to lead a brand and also used to help the Workers not getting a chance on Smackdown or Raw.

Smackdown- The brand where the more agile and athletic stas stars lead the brand such as punk and Hardy with promising talent such as the Hart Dynasty,Ziggler and John Morrison to name but a few are getting storylines and air-time,It's a shame they couldn't fit Shelton in there somewhere but there's also The truth and Other youngsters on there doing a a good job.

RawThe Main event scene has on of the WWE's top heel's in Orton,It has the top face Cena and then a man who won't give up his spot in triple H.This brand is by far the worst imo and it'sll down to poor booking and not bringing new stars up into the main event scene.I think Legacy was a good idea but Rit's just buried RHodes and DiBiase imo.Some of the younger talent they have is good such as Kofi,Miz,Bourrne and swagger but they're not prepared to push MVP Up after one mistake.Some would say that Punks title reign got booked badly but It was still a lot better than anything that has been booked on raw since the build up between Orton and HHH pre-Mania.And dont get me started on the celeb G thing or Donald trump being there for a week and a little bit of self promotion for him and Vinnie.

So what is everyone elses thoughts on the current state of WWE?
Back to top Go down
n2k-swb
Wrestling Mates in living room
n2k-swb

Location : Plymouth Number of posts : 69 Favourite Wrestler : *Gnome Chompski*

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Good points, i think Jericho's new run is awesome. unlike any other superstar he left, came bak and reinvented himself without relying on his tryed and tested gimmick. he sank a bit when he first came back but as soon as he found his ground he was gone and i think he is mile's ahead of any person on the roster i cant imagine the WWE now if he went to TNA.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:23 pm

I've found myself enjoying RAW more and more lately although Cena/Triple H vs Legacy still bores me to tears
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:41 pm

that shaq o neal man was a funny cunt.they need more gms like him and less zz top
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
I've found myself enjoying RAW more and more lately although Cena/Triple H vs Legacy still bores me to tears

I'm finding Raw's getting better,especially with the US title division that I mentioned but due to the fact these three guys are topping the card,they automatically get more of the show devoted to them
Back to top Go down
n2k-swb
n2k-swb

Location : Plymouth Number of posts : 69 Favourite Wrestler : *Gnome Chompski*

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Legacy just needs to end i think, its been a terrible botch from the start, i just hope the new Hart foundation fares better. they have the look of a true faction they just need to become the best they can be.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:37 pm

I felt Rhodes and DiBiase where onto something special when they joined together last year and started all the talk of the generational stable, however in joining up with Orton it totally killed them, instead of trying to become thebest and prove they where better than their old men they have just become lacheys for Orton, the idea was great but the execution from the creative was poor
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:36 pm

I think the US title is still looking more prestigious than the IC title at the moment, partly due to the difference in the amount of title changes. Since Backlash 08, there have been 3 different champions whereas the IC title has been tossed around god knows how many times from near the end of 08. I do think Rey in particular has done a lot to restore the IC's title reputation though.

I don't agree with you about the midcard matches but only in that I feel like there are now less non title midcard matches at PPV's which is a good thing IMO.

Since Backlash, I'm pleased that the majority of superstars have not appeared on other brands and when people have done that, most of the time it is for a good reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WWE-Improving! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE-Improving!   WWE-Improving! Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE-Improving!
Page 1 of 1