Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Night Of Champions 2009

Go down 
+3
the-gaffer
kvh12345
JacMan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Night Of Champions 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Results and Match Order

Chris Jericho and Big Show defeated Priceless - retain tag titles
Christian defeated Tommy Dreamer - New ecw champion
Kofi Kingston won the 6 pack challenge by pinning Carlito - retain US championship
Michelle McCool defeated Melina to retian Womans Championship
Randy Orton defeated HHH and John Cena to retain WWE Championship
Mickie James defeated Maryse to win the Divas Championship
Rey Mysterio defeated Dolph Ziggler to retain IC Title
Jeff Hardy defeated CM Punk to WIN World Heavyweight Championship

I thought it was an okay PPV. A few good matches. The Orton vs HHH vs Cena surprised me how good it was and the ending was brilliant. Vicious rko on Cena.
World match was reasonably good too. They gave the belt to Jeff in a bid to keep him in the company until Summerslam i think.
IC Match Ziggler got a lot of offence in this one and impressed me. I was rooting for Ziggler and i'm dissapointed Rey didn't put him over but that might happen on a Smackdown Rematch
US was good. Fast paced match. Would of preferred Swagger to win the title.
Tag match was okay. Priceless dominated whole match and then Jericho hid codebreaker on dibiase while Big Show was legal man and then submitted to Big Show camel clutch.
Ecw - Christian was good. Dreamer was bad. What more can i say? I think Dreamer is terrible in the ring.
Diva/Woman - Dont Care.

PPV score - 7/10 a solid PPV
What did you think of the event?
Back to top Go down
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Location : Netherlands Number of posts : 621 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 2:15 pm

overall it were good matches some bad some good i didnt expected big show to be jericho's partner

The Matches
WWE, World Heavyweight and ECW championship matches were all 3 good matches mainly cause of the people in it i think

Tag Team Match was nice but to bad we didnt see Big Show that much i wonder how long these 2 will stay together

Women matches dont realy care about them and didnt realy watch them anyway

IC and US champions matches were both good to watch the us match was great

so overall a nice PPV 8/10
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Another WWE PPV and another good watch, I can't remember the last PPV I paid for but if I was paying for these I certainly wouldn't be complaining

I'm glad of all the results, Christian despite 'Vince not liking him' has become only the second guy to win the ECW title under the WWE Banner, hopefully Dreamer can return to a role that suits his (lack of) abilities, was surprised at The Big Show being the mystery partner, he is on another show from Jericho, they have no real connection and if it leads to a Show/Jericho feud the I doubt I'd be interested although they could be doing that to get Show back on SD

Glad Jeff won the WHC, it keeps the feud with Punk fresh, its obvious they have stuck the title on him to keep him to SummerSlam but this could be the thing that convinces him to stay, not many guys who have chased the dream would walk out when they where World Champion
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Location : Netherlands Number of posts : 621 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 3:05 pm

does any know when does he contract expire
Back to top Go down
mattimatt
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
mattimatt

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 3:49 pm

kvh12345 wrote:

june, or most probably in july from what iv been reading
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:02 pm

I thought it was sometime in the last week of July
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:03 pm

mattimatt wrote:
kvh12345 wrote:

june, or most probably in july from what iv been reading

Can't be June or else it would have expired by now
Back to top Go down
mattimatt
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
mattimatt

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Embarassed the site i seen it on was 3 months old,i feel a bit of a spaz now
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Another World Heavyweight Championship change? This is getting beyond a fucking joke. Am I right in thinking that Punk didn't win a single non title match during his reign? If so that's bullshit, and yet another poorly booked title reign for him.

I was already struggling to find something keeping me watching Smackdown, and now with Jeff as champ that might be it for me.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:19 pm

It's to clearly keep the feud fresh for SummerSlam, if Punk had won then it would become to repetitive for him to continue beating Hardy in the main event at a PPV so they mixed it up a bit and gave it some extra dimensions, I'd love CM Punk to open up SmackDown! this week demanding that Jeff Hardy takes a drug test this feud has just got better not worse!

Also with a face as the champ it leaves the possibility that Jericho might somehow manage to win the title which is always good
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:39 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
Another World Heavyweight Championship change? This is getting beyond a fucking joke. Am I right in thinking that Punk didn't win a single non title match during his reign? If so that's bullshit, and yet another poorly booked title reign for him.

I was already struggling to find something keeping me watching Smackdown, and now with Jeff as champ that might be it for me.

Punk did beat Mysterio on SmackDown 2 weeks after Extreme Rules but it was after Jericho had attacked Mysterio so whether you consider that a meaningful win for Punk or not is up to you.

And I can see both points of view on this. On one hand, if the Punk vs Jeff story must continue, I agree with Gaffer that it is better if Hardy wins as it gives the story a new look. However, I also agree that the World Champion should have longer title reigns (if that is what you meant).

Do you guys think WWE would let Jeff leave as the current champion? I don't think so and if Jeff refuses to drop the title with Breaking Point (which is being held in Montreal this year) only a couple of months away...well I think you can understand what I am trying to say lol).

If Jeff really does want to leave, I do think there would be no better time than to leave now, preferably as the champ. The fans would be left wanting more, so to speak and as long as he doesn’t leave it too long, he could make an epic return (pop wise).
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:44 pm

If being given the World Title doesn't make him want to stay then nothing will and if I was Vince I'd wash my hands of him to be honest, Pro Wrestling these last couple of years have helped Jeff stay on the straight and narrow, without that constant motivation to stay clean he could wind up going down a bad bad path
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:53 pm

The only match Punk kinda won cleanly while he was world champion was that three man on Raw against Edge and Hardy to retain the title
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:57 pm

And even then, the commentators claimed that Punk stole the win for Jeff which is kind of stupid when they also claim that the odds are against the champion retaining his title. If that really is the case, then surely the smart thing to do would be to win at all costs?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:08 pm

So they should have a title change just to keep the fued fresh? If they started pulling title switches in every fued just to keep it fresh I'd be pretty fucking pissed off. They could easily have had Hardy go over clean in a non-title or tag match, or given him a win by DQ or count out to continue the fued.

Punk's title reign was booked like shit, again, despite his compelling promos. And all these short title reigns piss me off, and are straight out of the Russo playbook, which gives nobody a chance to develop as a champ. It's booking for the ADD generation, and booking wise has been the one failing of Smackdown recently.
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:50 pm

i think it was kinda dumb that punk did the whole pack up and leave thing but i am glad that the "Hardy Party" has started again

The triple threat match was surprisingly better than the lost however many those guys have had together, the double submit was a nice little touch, and damn that RKO looked painful with an extra 200 or more pounds brining him down

I thought that the colon's were gonna get back together but once again the writers have decided that only rhodes and dibiase, and now show and jericho can be the only tag teams in the title hunt, eventually the heart foundation, and.....cryme tyme will have to be put into the picture, I guess they are really preping Kofi for being a big star cause i didn't expect him to win
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Quote :
So they should have a title change just to keep the fued fresh? If they started pulling title switches in every fued just to keep it fresh I'd be pretty fucking pissed off. They could easily have had Hardy go over clean in a non-title or tag match, or given him a win by DQ or count out to continue the fued.

What decade you living in Guns? that all sounds realistic booking but only in the 80s when their was 3 months between PPV's and big names didn't face each other on TV week in week out, now the top feud face off in some capacity each week be it a match, interference or just a promo and with a PPV every 3 weeks then keep having Punk going over him will make it boring and repetitive, this was by a distance the best possible outcome to help prolong this feud for at least one more PPV

Quote :
Punk's title reign was booked like shit, again, despite his compelling promos. And all these short title reigns piss me off, and are straight out of the Russo playbook, which gives nobody a chance to develop as a champ. It's booking for the ADD generation, and booking wise has been the one failing of Smackdown recently.

Again I agree to an extent, but while I see where your coming from with the "ADD Generation" the WWE have brought it on themselves with the quantity of shows and PPV's they give us each week/month/year, it was far easier to keep the strap on someone as little as 10 years ago as it is to do it now.

I agree that Punk didn't look strong as the champ, neither did Edge before him though, so its not exactly just a failing on him, Orton gets jobbed out on RAW as well, it seems to be the way the creative seem to think, in my opinion the World Champion regardless of who he is should almost never be pinned and if and when he is then it should be made a big deal about
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Like I say though, with them facing each other week in week out you can have Hardy go over in some of those non title or tag matches. That stops Punk constantly getting the better of him, and doesn't require a title change for the same effect. That can't really just be put down to the short gaps between PPVs.

It is true that Punk isn't the only one to be booked poorly as champ, but I just feel that he in particular really needed it to be fully established in the main event scene. But I do maintain an old school mentality even in this day and age, which is probably why i find so many faults with most modern wrestling.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Quote :
Like I say though, with them facing each other week in week out you can have Hardy go over in some of those non title or tag matches. That stops Punk constantly getting the better of him, and doesn't require a title change for the same effect. That can't really just be put down to the short gaps between PPVs.
I get the impression you would be on here moaning about that anyway, your already thinking he has been booked poorly as champion, how much more would you feel if he started dropping matches to Hardy on TV along with what else has happened?

Quote :
It is true that Punk isn't the only one to be booked poorly as champ, but I just feel that he in particular really needed it to be fully established in the main event scene. But I do maintain an old school mentality even in this day and age, which is probably why i find so many faults with most modern wrestling.

Make no mistake, Punk will win this feud and come out of it with the World Heavyweight Championship and doing so probably end Jeff's WWE career (for now) which will get him over as the ultimate heel as far as he Jeff lovers are concerned, as for the Old School Mentality, I lost that a long time ago, if you want any chance of enjoying what is being produce on TV it will never meet the standards of yesteryear, take a look at Survivor Series 89 on here, most of those feuds where going throughout the entire year an they where still hot as hell, the average TV product we got then though was absolutely crap
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 pm

There's a difference between the champ losing non-title matches to a guy he's fueding with and just losing matches to other guys on the roster. While I'm a fan of John Morrison and happy to see him getting a rub from beating the champ clean, it doesn't play into a current storyline and would have meant a lot more if the champ had been built up beforehand. It's these types of results which frustrate me.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:34 pm

I think Hardy being given the strap is brilliant particlarly if he is leaving, if they play it right which isn't exactly set in stone then Punk can take the WHC title away from Jeff and banish him from the WWE in the process, its perfect for getting him over as that top dog heel, he needs to start now though on the SD's leading up to Summerslam, demanding Hardy takes a drug test and what not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Of Champions 2009   Night Of Champions 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Night Of Champions 2009
Page 1 of 1