Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

JBL in talks with TNA, More

Go down 
+2
Sexton Hardcastle
the-gaffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

JBL in talks with TNA, More Empty
PostSubject: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Quote :
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Former WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield appeared on Live Audio Wrestling this past week and said the reason he's no longer with WWE is that when he retired as an active wrestler at WrestleMania, they didn't offer him anything. He indicated if he was offered an announcing role or a General Manager role, he'd have been interested.

It would appear that it was a mistake for Layfield to give up his announcing gig and go back to wrestling because he likely never would have been replaced as an announcer. He came back because he was 40 and unhappy about how his career ended, believed his back had recovered enough to go, and knew if he didn't come back at that point the window of opportunity would close. Unfortunately for JBL, his back hadn't recovered and he was in pain pretty much the entire last run, and admitted being unhappy with how limited he was in the ring.

While this wasn't brought during his radio show appearance, it has been confirmed that he has had talks with TNA about joining the company. Nothing as of yet has materialized.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:38 pm

JBL is one of the best announcers of modern times sure wwe will offer somthing If tna are interested?

TNA coms, althoug west has improved, still do not sell whats happening as they have mediocre conversations which just tail off if there is a big momentum swing or they just talk through a big move thats hit or interferance
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Don West is ok, easy to hate so he makes a good heel.

It's always benn Mike "3rd wheel" Tenay that grinds my gears.

He's so incredibly bland it's unbelievable, it was a mystery to me why he was tagged on the end of Schiavone and The Brain but for him to make up 50% of a team is mad.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:18 pm

I'm the same, I like West, he tries, Tenay always sounds like he is on a 5 second delay!
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:24 pm

I'd love JBL back on the commentary. Isn't he a commentator for Vyper League?
Back to top Go down
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Location : Netherlands Number of posts : 621 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:50 pm

i hope JBL joins thme then it can be taz and jbl on commentary
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Who would do the play by play?
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:35 pm

I'd love JR and JBL on SD if he came back to WWE
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Discopants wrote:
Don West is ok, easy to hate so he makes a good heel.

It's always benn Mike "3rd wheel" Tenay that grinds my gears.

He's so incredibly bland it's unbelievable, it was a mystery to me why he was tagged on the end of Schiavone and The Brain but for him to make up 50% of a team is mad.
If it wasn't for Tenay, there would have been no play by play on the cruiserweight matches in WCW, as he was the only one who actually knew the moves that were being performed. Schiavone would have probably just called everything a sidewalk slam as usual.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Can't say I ever really noticed to be honest, he just always seemed background noise compared to the other two (and Dusty when he made an appearance Sad).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JBL in talks with TNA, More   JBL in talks with TNA, More Empty

Back to top Go down

JBL in talks with TNA, More
Page 1 of 1