Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics

Go down 
+2
Reaper
the-gaffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics Empty
PostSubject: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Quote :
Talk all the [expletive] you want!” was what heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar screamed into Frank Mir’s busted-up mug after his TKO victory at UFC 100 this past Saturday. That would’ve been fine had this been WWE Raw, but Lesnar showed that he still has a lot to learn about the tradition of mixed martial arts.

Trash-talking is the norm in MMA, but once the fight is over respect usually reigns supreme as both fighters let the past be just that. Unfortunately, Lesnar failed to follow that blueprint as he flipped-off fans who help pay for his massive salary, as well as talking about a possible nightcap with his wife.

At the post-fight press conference, UFC President Dana White was clearly unhappy about Lesnar’s antics saying, “I was blown away, I was absolutely blown away. I don’t think in the history of the UFC we’ve ever had somebody do anything like that.

“You don’t have to act like someone you’re not. This isn’t the WWE. I’m not trying to get someone to act all crazy so we’ll do more pay-per-views. That’s not what this sport is about.”

At least White’s message was taken to heart by Lesnar to a certain degree.

“I come from a business that is purely entertainment, ” Lesnar told the media. “Dana came back and we had our whip the dog session and I screwed up and I apologize.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:00 pm

I don't think this has anything to do with the fact that Lesnar was in the wwe i think he's just an asshole. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Amen to that brother
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Nah, he was definitely just heeling it up. The UFC fans hated him from day one, so he's just playing it up big time. If it ends up with Lesnar consistently drawing high buyrates because people want to see him finally get beat, then it's all good.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:39 pm

I don't think it was all show, I think at the time he got caught up in the moment, he is a genuine prick, just being himself
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:57 pm

I don't understand what the problem is really, it makes it all the more entertaining.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Its a serious sport though, legit, the last thing it needs is guys going in their with a genuine chip on the shoulder
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:03 am

Its a serious sport though, legit, the last thing it needs is guys going in their with a genuine chip on the shoulder

Compare it to boxing though, and the likes of Naseem Hamed, Eubank, Tyson... all had huge chips on their shoulders.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Boxing is a traditionally dirty sport though, the world of MMA is allegedly supposed to be honourable
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
Boxing is a traditionally dirty sport though, the world of MMA is allegedly supposed to be honourable

How come?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:13 pm

How come what?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Just how boxings considered particularly dirty compared to UFC, just wondering if ya meant the fighters personally or summit else.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 pm

No I mean the outside influence of boxing!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Like match fixing shizzle?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Like the Mafia running it for decades, fighters taking dives, Don King, you name it, the most corrupt sport on the planet
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Except Tennis...and that's a fact Smile

Know what you mean like, has had plenty of it's shady moments, still choose it every single day over UFC mind, really can't get into that.

As for Lesnar acting the cock bring it on, all the most popular (or perhaps famous) fighters have had big personalities, very few big cheeses were docile.

Don't see it as particularly good or bad for the sport, it just is what it is.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm the same as you, I can't get into UFC either, I think the difference with Lesnar and other big stars is those guys actually had charisma and personality and you could see they where putting on a show of arrogance for the sake of the overall show where as Lesnar is just showing his true colours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics   Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar Apologizes for WWE antics
Page 1 of 1