Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

ECW - All is not lost!

Go down 
+3
thedmd
Mat143(Mike hill)
the-gaffer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

ECW - All is not lost! Empty
PostSubject: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:07 pm

While I can appreciate people being down on how ECW stands now after this latest draft (and it did lose out big time) I'm of the belief that there is still plenty of potential on the "C" show, Jack Swagger, Finlay and Mark Henry have done almost everything on ECW and been in a feud with almost everyone, I'd have preferred to see Evan Bourne stay however he will improve Monday Night RAW and that should always be the priority!

I can see why people are annoyed/bemused as to why Christian is still on ECW but it could just prove to be good booking for the time being, if their is nothing of any great interest for Christian at the moment on RAW or SD! then its best to keep him on ECW, he is the star power plus he is guaranteed a PPV slot every 3 weeks, something your not guaranteed unless your one of the big stars on RAW or SD!

FACES

• Christian

• Tommy Dreamer

• Goldust

• The Hurrican

• DJ Gabriel

HEELS

• Shelton Benjamin

• William Regal

• Kozlov

• Paul Burchill

• Exekiel Jackson

• Zack Ryder

With guys like Low Ki and Joe Hennig looking to make the step up soon from FCW when both are 100% fit as well as Drew McIntyre and Lance Hoyt (who I don't rate that highly), their is also a chance they could also do a "British Empire" type stable as well with Regal, Burchill and Gabriel along with Drew McIntyre

Also, Goldust in my opinion is looking as good as he has done since he was paired alongside Booker T, he let himself go and lost the hunger and interest in Wrestling for a long time but he has got himself back in great shape, got the hunger back to, I'd love to see a more old school Goldust, he has the lot, great gimmick, excellent look, epic music and when allowed he plays mind games like no one else right now!

I can see why plenty of people where down on ECW this morning, but their are plenty of positives to take from it as well when you look at all the aspects of the show, remember, its the "C" show, its whole purpose is to get guys experienced enough to go on and make good TV on SD! and RAW!

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:13 pm

You make some valid points but I can't help but feel it's too thin on the ground.Not only that looking at the heels left,Regal has heat and Benjamin has a bit to,Christian and Tommy Dreamer are over with the fans but the rest all need establishing which will take a few months so to leave the Main event scene to these 4 guys is very risky.Obviously this is the breeding ground for talent so yes they can bring up the most promising youngster but like I said they need to get over as well.

Quote :
their is also a chance they could also do a "British Empire" type stable as well with Regal, Burchill and Gabriel along with Drew McIntyre

Yeah,Maybe they could call themselves the conquerors tum de tum Wonder where they would get that idea from
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:17 pm

maybe from some saddo from 606
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A51437847

tum de tum
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Or some saddo from here

http://wweandtna.niceboard.org/be-the-booker-f38/ecw-revitalised-t8774.htm

tum de tum
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm taking the credit for your ideas boy, mines from March taking th piss out o

You just reminded me I've got to post this weeks SmackDown!
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
I'm taking the credit for your ideas boy, mines from March taking th piss out o

You just reminded me I've got to post this weeks SmackDown!

lol! I'll let you claim credit for this one I s'pose,Jarrett must read 606 due to the "British Invasion" bull crap
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:31 pm

It wouldn't surprise me, did TNA not have some kind of thing before where you could post potential plots into them for something like that
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:54 pm

maybe all this means The Hurricane will be coming back soon, I haven't got to see Helms wrestle in a long time.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 pm

I really don't get why you got that from a draft to be honest, Hurrican will be returning unless he gets injured again but I just don't see the connection to him and the draft
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 am

I don't think ECW is in that bad of shape at all, I much prefer Regal to Finlay and I think could really revitalize his career like Kane's. Same with Goldust, he's pretty good in the ring entertaining on the mic and I think ECW could really help him.

Mark Henry now seems to have lost Tony Atlas which leaves him free to take Benjamin under his wing, which is what many want. This move to ECW by Benjamin could really help him, he's been lacking something in his career and people like Matt Hardy have come to ECW had new interest put in them and have gone to better things, hopefully we'll see the same for Benjamin.

I think Goldust replaced Finlay, Regal replaced Henry, Benjamin replaced Swagger, the only real loss I think was Bourne.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:12 pm

I don't want Tony Atlas near Benjamin to be honest, Benjamin isn't that bad on the stick and is actually improving as well so I'd far rather see him use his TV time by himself rather than saddling him with someone, Atlas could be used for big Zeke
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

thing is with ecw they can always be first to get the FCW guys.

If they have burchill maybe getting a push on ecw, still have christian, now regal and shelton too, plus im sure tommy dreamer is getting a run.

8)
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:21 pm

It's not just that though, you have those four who debuted but you could say the three more famous guys are still on FCW, Joe Hennig, Low Ki and Drew McIntyre
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:24 pm

brett di biase could come to ecw, although is Teddy boy annoyed with orton Wink
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Brett is still far too green, it will be a long while before he steps up in my opinion, he's barely started out and from some footage I saw of him on Daily Motion he is nowhere near ready, if he didn't have that second name no one would bother mentioning him
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:39 pm

ive seen nowt of him, just forward thinking cos i doubt ted is big enough to take down orton yet
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:40 pm

He's not that good, doesn't move naturally yet either and looks awful stiff in his movement
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Just watched that Abraham Washington Show and I was actually fairly impressed-Got a bit annoying him constantly going "BHOOM" but thought he was decent.Is he a manager or Can he actually wrestle?

BTW where can you watch FCW is it on Youtube and the like?
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:53 pm

i have a question we have all this talk about big zeke but where the big f is he?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 pm

waiting to be endevoured or being kept 4 a storyline. ?

think abraham is a wrestler like, he had bod guards in fcw so i pressume he fights n they watch.
Back to top Go down
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:58 pm

which brand did finly go to
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:34 pm

I expected Washington to have Bodygaurds with him when he went out last night, since his gimmick is a president then I'd expect him to be protected!

Finlay is on SmackDown!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 1:51 am

he was acting like a comedian n i just dnt think tht works, u can be funny but it came across as a forced gimmick.

we want president abe lol
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 am

While I think his gimmick WILL be a President, I don't think his gimmick is a president yet, at least not at this moment, you have got to give it time, he has only had one 5 minute segment, he needs to build a back story, on FCW they had him do his thing then had him 'run' for Presidency so they could do something similar however firstly he has to get his personality over
Back to top Go down
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:05 am

yeah i think they are really tiring to make ecw better but i think they need to make it more like what ecw use to be or at least have 1 extreme rules match a week again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECW - All is not lost!   ECW - All is not lost! Empty

Back to top Go down

ECW - All is not lost!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next