Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Quote :
Hulk Hogan was on the Bubba the Love Sponge show last week. When asked about why he never worked a program with Jake Roberts, Hogan said that he was willing to work with him and that the two had a test match at a house show but that Hogan noticed during the match that the crowd was not into it. Hogan took that to mean that Roberts was not a big enough heel to work with him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:21 pm

This kind of thing pisses me off, Hogan might have said the fans weren't into it, maybe they weren't because of it being a random match, but with the character Jake had and the ability he had to sell an angle he could have been brilliant for Hogan, particularly around 1992 when the fans were starting to turn on Hogan, I'd much rather have saw Hogan/Jake than Hogan/Slaughter or Hogan/Zeus or Hogan/Quake even though Quake was pretty good.

Basiclly let the stroy be told and let it unfold first before looking to see if the crowd are into it
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:28 pm

i actually think that could have been big if vince would have got a story for it & what i remember Jake was a big heel when i saw him he always got alot of heat off the crowd it could be Hogan didnt want to be outshined by hif
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:41 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
i actually think that could have been big if vince would have got a story for it & what i remember Jake was a big heel when i saw him he always got alot of heat off the crowd it could be Hogan didnt want to be outshined by hif
I think that's exactly what it was. Hogan wouldn't work with a guy that had the talent to be a realistic threat to him, which is why he generally stuck to facing big useless guys for a lot of his time in WWE, or using his power to bury those guys who were a threat like Savage.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Hogan could work though, its a common misconception that he couldn't work, have a look at his matches in Japan around 1993 while he was the WWF Champion, he could work
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Yeah he busted his ass in Japan because he knew he had to over there, seen a match he had with Stan Hansen that was pretty damn good. In America he knew he didn't have to do jack shit but go through the motions night after night with the same old shit, and yet the fans would lap it up regardless. That actually annoys me more than if he was just a shit worker.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:55 pm

If you listen to a press conference he had in Japan Hogan said he was happy to be in Japan because it allowed him a chance to wrestle, he said he wasn't allowed to wrestle the style he enjoys because apparantly thats not what the company want him to do, company being Vince McMahon
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Well then how come there were others in the company who were willing to bust their ass? I know Vince has everybody work to a specific style these days, but that certainly wasn't always the case. Hogan was a lazy bastard who only worked when he had to, I don't buy that he preferred working the Japanese style.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Well it wasn't so different back then, he wanted his big mosnters to be just that, he wanted Hogan to do what he did in the role that he had, if not he wouldn't have percivered with him for so long
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:48 pm

sorry to go off topic but when TNA show clips from TNA history why is Jarrett hitting Hogan round the head with a guitar
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Hogan was suposed to be signing with TNA, while he was touring Japan, just after the Mr America thing in WWE. But something stopped him, contract issue's or something, hence that being the only appearence in TNA.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 pm

why is Jarrett hitting Hogan round the head with a guitar

i think that was in reference to an angle they tried to set up between Jeff Jarrett and Hogan back in the day when TNA was on weekly PPV's, rather than TV. Hogan agreed to join TNA, so Jarrett hit him with the guitar to set up a feud to bring him in. They ddi the angle, then Hogan signed with WWE and not TNA and so never appeared on TNA TV. Why they still use the footage years later is anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:43 pm

It's TNA though, they will continue selling the moonlanding if they thought they could somehow get a cheap point out of it
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Yeah, fair point!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts   Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Empty

Back to top Go down

Hulk Hogan/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
Page 1 of 1