Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Cole Under Fire...Again

Go down 
+7
InvincibleIleak
podegarudo
Reaper
Sexton Hardcastle
Brandon Buchanan
thegunman84
Discopants
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Cole Under Fire...Again Empty
PostSubject: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:47 pm

Quote :
-- It was very noticeable to those within the company that Vince McMahon put a serious muzzle on Michael Cole during RAW on Monday. There were periods of time where Cole barely got a full sentence in for periods of almost five minutes at a time. This was a call made by Vince McMahon, who is not a big fan of Cole’s. The feeling within the company is that Cole’s performance has been suffering so much because he’s gun shy that Vince will chew him out and embarrass him over doing little things. Vince was yelling in the headset during the opening segment of RAW for Lawler to do all of the speaking when Batista was getting beat down, and wanted them to call him Dave as opposed to Batista.

With WWE currently recruiting new announcers, there is more than one source within the company who wouldn’t be surprised if Cole gets demoted.

Every source ever since biblical times says McMahon hates Cole.

SO WHY IS HE ON RAW THEN!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Funny thing is, everyone who works as the colour commentator alongside Cole seems to really like the guy. And Vince hates everyone anyway, Cole just comes in for a lot of abuse because he's not the type to answer back I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:00 pm

McMahon is a complete tool! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:02 pm

I reckon its leading to the biggest heel turn in the history of wrestling.

don't make cole mad
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Why would vince make lawler call batista dave when bastista is his in ring name? Anyway the only reason vince picks on cole is because he knows he won't answer back.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:39 pm

VINTAGE Mcmahon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:10 pm

I actually like Cole, he's a hell of a lot better than King and JR who haven't been any good for years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 pm

I like JR but Cole is definetly better than King.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm

I hate both of them, they just have no chemistry with their partners. JR does it with Grisham all the time, Grisham says something and JR does ignores him and says what he likes, also JR makes loads of mistakes but everyone just seems to pass them off because it's good ol' JR. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm

I like Cole too, he is a throwback to the old fashioned commentators, he likes to mark for the good guys and is shocked by the bad guys, the thing with Michael Cole is he is a nerd, he has always been a nerd and always will be, however if he is so poor at his job why would he be on the #1 brand? it makes no sense.

If Vince gave Cole simple instructions on who to mark for and who to be against and let him get on with it his announcing would be much better, I think McMahon forgets himself, he should go back and listen to himself once in a while, in the 80s he was top class but when Ventura Piper Perfect and Heenen left, he was hopeless
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 pm

I have to say i don't tend to notice the commentary much but on raw there are a lot of long pauses with Michael Cole and King.
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:31 pm

All announcers were better during the attitude era, 1 heel and 1 face, it's how it should be.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:32 pm

It's been that way for a while and it absolutely sucks, McMahon wants that, he wants the silence so you can take in all thats happening for yourself, personally though I used to prefer it when the commentators where sounding like they where having a heart attack trying to sell the action to you
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:34 pm

The best period for commentators was the late 80s/early 90s without a shadow of doubt, far out performed the Attitude Era, Vince/Schiavone & Ventura or Brain/Gorilla then their was Mr Perfect, Savage and Piper all on commentary
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Cant comment on that, havnt seen any wrestling from those era's

Paul heyman and JR stand out for me
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 pm

They where good, can't argue with that, you should watch some old PPV's Cal, you'd probably enjoy the, you like most of the same stuff as me so im guessing you'd probably get into the older PPV's as well
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 pm

JR was great in the attitude era especially in the Mankind vs Taker Hell in Cell.
"MY GAWD! HE KILLED HIM! HE KILLED HIM!"
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
They where good, can't argue with that, you should watch some old PPV's Cal, you'd probably enjoy the, you like most of the same stuff as me so im guessing you'd probably get into the older PPV's as well

thats how i originally got back into wrestling around '07 watching classic attitude era PPVs

i've only watched one full RAW since Wrestlemania and not a single smackdown Sad

any particular PPV's you'd recommend?

possibly watching some older PPVs will re light my intrest once again
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:56 pm

I'll have a think back and a look through the PPV section to see what catches my eye and give you a shout
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:18 pm

nice one
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Coles commentary last monday was crap 1 minute he's talking all upset and serious then Kofi comes out and he's all cheery but King actually sold it done commentary all upset and serious

TNA commentary teams quality loving Don west at the moment he cracks me up
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:00 pm

I think Don West is good, its obvious he is trying to be Bobby Heenan and its never going to happen, however at least someone is trying to use the master as inspiration
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:12 pm

get JBL back on SD with JR and Paul Heyman on RAW with King. Striker and Grisham on ecw. josh matthews hosting afterburn. cole on interviews and we're sorted.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Who would do the play by play on RAW?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:17 am

Vince Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cole Under Fire...Again   Cole Under Fire...Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Cole Under Fire...Again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next