Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future Empty
PostSubject: Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels'' Wrestling Future   Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future EmptyFri May 22, 2009 2:23 am

Quote :
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Shawn Michaels recently told company officials that he's looking to take more time off than originally planned. He believes he's financially set for life and his children are at a certain age where they like him around, and he knows that's a very short window.

Original plans called for Michaels to return at SummerSlam, but he's looking to hold his return off until late this year or early next year for a good WrestleMania storyline. Although, this could change depending on his mood or if any of the major Superstars come down with an injury. If you recall, two years ago, Michaels talked about not coming back for a long time as a result of knee problems. Then John Cena tore his pec and his wife joked that he would be getting a phone call soon. He received the phone call the next day and was back in the ring sooner than initially hoped.

Michaels appears unsure about his long-term future in wrestling as he's made noise about retiring next year at WrestleMania, but he also feels he can still make appearances at big shows well into his fifties like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. He also said that once his children become teenagers, being at home won't be as much as priority anymore as his kids won't want to hang around him as much. At that point, he'd be more open to spending more time on the road.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future   Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:01 am

So I guess there will be no DX reunion until after the UK tour then lol.

I hope he doesn't make wrestling appearances like Hogan does now and again, it would be nice to see HBK's face pop up now and again but I think when he does call it a day in the ring, he should keep to his promise never to wrestle again. I don't want him to return for one big match only to disappoint people, saying that, I don't think anyone expected Steamboat to be as good as he was when he returned, Shawn might surprise us as well.

I think Taker is still appearing on SD at the moment, because I saw him beat Shelton Benjamin before Backlash, maybe Shawn will return earlier than this article says allowing Undertaker to have a break?

So who do you think will be his opponent next year at Mania if he does decide to call it a day? I wouldn't like to see Undertaker vs HBK two years in a row despite the great match they had at WrestleMania but I can see this happening. Only other people I think are Edge, Triple H and Kurt Angle if he is with WWE then.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future   Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future EmptyFri May 22, 2009 9:57 am

I'm still thinking he will be back for Summerslam to be honest, this is all the same stuff they came out with two years ago then Cena got injured just before No Mercy and he showed up the next week on RAW, the more I read it the less it actually says, slow news day for the Observer in my opinion

As for more time off, Michaels like Taker is only scheduled to work 90 days a year, Ideally that would be 52 RAW's 14 PPV's and the rest made up of house shows/tours but he worked quite a lote early this year, working a lot of house shows to sell his angle with JBL so my guess is he actually has plenty of RAW's off now and with the DX tour coming up he just might not fancy working for a bit, RAW has been awful though, that should be enough to stroke his ego when Vince tells him that RAW needs him
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future   Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future Empty

Back to top Go down

Major Backstage Update Shawn Michaels' Wrestling Future
Page 1 of 1