Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Tyler Black

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:17 pm

This guy is the future, reminds me in terms of build of CM Punk, at 6'1 he is not the usual smaller guy that ROH seem to prefer, does anyone think that he could make the leap to the WWE? the guy has got the lot but looks like he has so much more yet to offer, whats your opinion on him, his potential and where you see him going?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:01 pm

he does have the wwe look
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:02 am

He's got a good look, good ring skills, and was involved in one of my favourite matches of last year. The one thing he really needs to improve on if he wants to make it to WWE, is his mic skills, which I think are pretty poor at the moment, but there's plenty of time for him to improve upon that.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:00 pm

He was class in AOTF, but solo, now is the time for him to really come into his own. There's alot of little thing's that could improove, but as Gunz said, his mic skill's are the biggie. Will take a few more year's to make it in the WWE, he's stilll young though (23 on the 28th), only about 4 year's pro, plenty of time to grow.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Yea, I'd like to see him stay with ROH for another two years at least and maybe even going around the block to Mexico and Japan before ending up in the E, I really think he could make it big, he has the height which is a big thing, he is great in the ring already although will vastly improve if he sticks with ROH for a few more years and hopefully now ROH is moving more storyline based that will allow him more mic time, or at least make him concentrate more on the stick
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Is Tyler injured? Just reading the FIP (ROH sister promotion) Championship page on wiki, he forfeited the title to Davey Richards on the 2nd, after being injured the night before?

Quote :
The current champion is Davey Richards, who is in his first reign. He defeated Tyler Black by forfeit at Unfinished Business on May 2, 2009 in Crystal River, Florida. Black suffered a neck injury on May 1 at an All American Wrestling event in Berwyn, Illinois and was unable to defend the title.

If ROH make it, even to being as big as TNA, I would rather see Tyler (with Dragon, Aries, Jacobs etc) being a part of what made it what it would become (if ya get me), rather than just seeking out the big time in the WWE, like AJ, Daniels, and so on, with TNA. Imo it would make him a bigger star than anything WWE would do with him in the long term.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:41 pm

I think he needs to stay put at his age anyway, the WWE aren't renowned for pushing guys his age, not that often anyway, I say it would take him four years in the WWE before he got anywhere near a main event PPV match and I think that time would be better spent in ROH although it might take him longer to headline a WWE PPV (if that is indeed his goal) but I feel he would be better off long term for taking that rout, thats not to say the WWE are even interested in him right now though
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Definitely needs to stick in ROH for a few years, even just til we see whether this hype currently surrounding him actually does develop into anything significant. No sense rushing the guy though.

And yeah MaFish he apparently picked up an injury, but is due back in time for the ROH shows at the end of the month. I've seen some FIP fans speculating that he was pulling the old Shawn Michaels tactic of faking an injury to avaoid dropping the title, due to the fact that he's going to be fit enough for the ROH shows.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:31 pm

I cant see how he could pull that off tbh. HBK got away with it because he was such a big draw, he would've been a big loss at the time. Plus he had the ego that come's with being the top draw in the top company, to want to do that in the first place. Tyler got a push, but not to the top draw's in ROH, or FIP. They could defo afford to get rid of him, without any real harm done to the company, which is what I would do to anybody with that kind of attitude.

He will have had much of this month to recover if he had been injured, or it could just be the start of a Black/ Richards feud? Would help both a great deal, plus get Black a partner (Silas Young? Or Ernie Osiris?) and get Eddie Edwards in too.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Yeah I don't buy it either, most likely just some fans frustrated that he's not appearing. Can't remember what type of injury he has, but I definitely don't think it sounded serious anyway, which will be why he'll only be out for a couple of weeks. Although if it were true, he wouldn't be the first indy wrestler to let IWC hype go to his head.

Don't know what Osiris' status in FIP is, but in ROH he's working as a heel, if it's the same down there then that would rule him out as a partner. But a fued between Richards and Black could be good stuff, Black definitely needs a fued or 2 that he can win before being thrust into that main event position.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:34 pm

I would rather it be one on one anyway, but with Richards winning the tag belt's with Edwards it wouldn't make much sense (in ROH anyway) having a one on one feud so soon after winning them, short term feud (and this would give Black and Richards a good rub) with Jerry Lynn and Tyler vs. the Wolves, with Lynn making the save during a beat down on Tyler, primarily a singles feud with Lynn making up the number's when needed.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Not seen much of Tyler Black, but I read an interview with Nigel McGuinness, and Black's the guy he icked out on the RoH roster as being the chap he'd like to drop the RoH title to. To get a recommendation like that must mean he's pretty damned good!

Do mic skills mean as much in WWE as some people think? neither of the Hardy's are renowned for talking, nor is Batista, Mysterio only ok at it...
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:30 am

I think in general mic skills are quite important in the E for the majority of wrestlers to become major stars. There are exceptions like those you mentioned, but they all have other things going for them. Batista is huge, Mysterio is popular with kids because of his look, and Jeff Hardy jumps off of high things. Tyler Black has none of those attributes, and as his moveset would likely be scaled back a bit it WWE, his wrestling ability may not be enough to get him over, and he would most likely become a career midcarder there like a Matt Hardy.
Back to top Go down
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:04 am

his mic skills are okay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyler Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler Black   Tyler Black Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyler Black
Page 1 of 1