Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? Empty
PostSubject: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Quote :
By James Caldwell, PWTorch.com assistant editor

Mr. Kennedy says his shoulder injury is not healing and it could become a permanent injury he has to deal with for the remainder of his wrestling career. Kennedy says he's trying not to think about retirement despite his shoulder's poor condition.

Kennedy was scheduled to visit with Dr. James Andrews in Alabama on Monday to re-evaluate the injury. He says he'll have a better idea of his future in wrestling this week.

"I'm going to find out from Dr. Andrews if that's going to be a permanent thing, and I'll have to deal with it, or if there's something more that we can do," Kennedy told Jim Varsallone in the Miami Herald. "I'd rather be a part of it (WWE) and contribute. I think I have a lot to contribute because there are a lot of things that I have yet to accomplish that nobody really has seen out of me."

Kennedy says he's been on the sidelines for eight months and he's tired of sitting at home. If he can't get back in the ring, he says he would like to be a trainer for the younger wrestlers. He just doesn't want to go there in his mind.

"I'd like to help out, give back to the younger generation coming up," Kennedy said. ''I shouldn't talk like that now because I'm relatively young myself, but I know I'm not getting any younger. So I see myself stepping in a role like that."

Caldwell's Analysis: Over the past several months, Kennedy described his injury as serious, but not career-threatening. Apparently it's becoming career-threatening because the injury is refusing to heal. It's a drastic change for Kennedy, who was optimistic he would be healed before WrestleMania 25, and now he's not even sure if he will be able to return to wrestling. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:24 pm

If his wrestling careers ended, why not throw him into the commentry if JBL doesnt want to do it?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:31 pm

That would be a good shout, even if it doesn't end, give him 6-12 months in the booth and give him a proper chance for the injury to heel and it allows his comeback to be epic
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing Kennedy as the new GM of either Smackdown or ECW (why Tiffany?)
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Nah, I don't think Kennedy would be a good GM

He is barely out of his 20s
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Plus he's a knob.

Couldn't see him ever going to the top and if this persists he definitely wont be around much longer, especially with Vince trimming the excess WWE pubes at the minute.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 pm

I think the thing that annoyed me most about Kennedy is the fact I thought he would end up at the top despite being half as talented as some of the guys who probably won't make it

I don't mind Kennedy, I just think he needs to stop trying to be Austin
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:07 pm

If I'd read this a couple of years ago, I'd have been horrified, Kennedy has been one guy I thought would go to the main event, and be a big star for years to come. Then, pretty much once he'd turned face and moved to Raw, he went massively off the boil.

Now, I don't care. He's sloppy in-ring, and the only thing that really marks him out was his self-introduction gimmick that got him over quickly, he became a cool heel that poeple liked. Now, he's just a dick. His endless interviews where he says he's never taken steroids / it was his doctors fault / he never bought anything illegal online have made him just seem stupid.

In-ring, he was a grafter, not especially talented like some guys, but he tried in pretty much every match I saw him in.

Gm, not a chance. Commentary could be a good call though, but if he does retire as a wrestler, no big loss. Not anymore.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 pm

I saw Shawn Michaels have a couple of bad matches with Mr Kennedy and from that point on I was convinced he'd never be the top dog, if you can't look good with Shawn then its game over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?   Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kennedy Injury - Career-threatening?
Page 1 of 1