Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw

Go down 
+6
wandos
macclads
boschbourne06
the-gaffer
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
Horizon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw Empty
PostSubject: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Edge was the legal man at the end so how did Rey pin Jericho for the win?

Just a small observation.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:57 pm

I think the end was botched.

I think Rey was supposed to pin Edge whilst, Steamboat was supposed to take out Jericho but the two got the wrong way round.

I wouldnt make too big a thing out of it, it happens in TNA nearly every week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 pm

I think it was to end with both Rey and Steamboat getting the pin but Steamboat being the ultimate pro just rolled out the ring since he wasn't the legal guy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:15 am

steamboat was and still is great in the ring i wouldnt be surprised if WWE let him have a little more time in the ring the fans love him i heard you still got it chants do you think he could last in the wwe probably as IC champion
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Not sure, Steamboat was absolutely brilliant at WrestleMania....... for an old guy!

The fans where right, he does still have it, I think the crowd where more impressed with the fact that they actually got their money worth in the legend match though, not many had faith in it, I think Steamboat was thought of in the same way as Flair, Piper and Snuka and the crowd where pleasantly surprised, Steamboat was awesome but if he became more of a regular I think the crowd and the IWC would end up becoming a bit critical of him, I wouldn't mind him showing up once in a blue moon like a surprise at the Rumble or on special occasions but I think his weekend was perfect and it finished with him taking all the adulation on RAW which was absolutely brilliant!

The only thing that disappointed me at WrestleMania was the Dragon never got a chance to take the acclaim for the performance, on Monday he got that
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Wouldnt be surprised if TNA try to poach him to be the leader of the Frontline.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Still a bit young though, maybe in a few years
Back to top Go down
wandos
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Did Steamboat ever wrestle in WCW? I know he was in the old NWA but never won their major title. Does anyone know why he wasn't seen as worthy enough to win one of the big titles at the time? His career was way before my time I only started watching wrestling in 1997
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:27 pm

NWA was still regional when he first joined up but he definitely captured a good few Heavyweight titles. After he left WWF he went back to NWA when they were becoming WCW. He won the big title their from Flair which is considered pretty much his best feud and matches. He never captured the big one in WWF but he was a major player in NWA and early WCW.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Wasn't looking forward to this match at all when it was announced at the start of RAW but it turned out to be the best part of the show.

Wouldn't like to see Steamboat become a regular though, need to build the IC title division with the young superstars WWE already has available to them.
Back to top Go down
Pala!
Wrestling Mates in living room
Wrestling Mates in living room
Pala!

Location : Dublin, Ireland Number of posts : 70 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock/CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:46 pm

It may have been botched but, it was a very good tv match.
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestlingforum.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:51 pm

It was an excellent match, pleasently surprised with how long they actually gave the match
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:15 am

I really hope that Steamboat doesn't become the new Flair, decide that he's still got it and come out of retirement on a long term basis.

Thought he was sensational at Mania, his performance meant the Legends match was actually worth watching, and the lack of a Hogan / Warrior level legend wasn't all that big a deal in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw   Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania All Star match on Raw
Page 1 of 1