Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal Empty
PostSubject: WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal   WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
tim157b
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
tim157b

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal   WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:20 am

i like battle royals allot and rumble is one of my favorite matches to
Back to top Go down
associatedpress
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
associatedpress

Location : Ky Number of posts : 29 Favourite Wrestler : Owen Hart

PostSubject: Re: WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal   WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Wow this was awesome, I don’t ever remembering seeing this 40 man battle royal ever and I grew up watching this era.....I got to say it was kind of cool I got to see a huge match like this from the early 90's featuring some of the greatest wrestlers that I used to cheer for when I was a kid. It was also cool that I didn’t know the outcome so it was a surprise to me, funny that it’s close to 20 years later. It got extra interesting when some of the big names started to get eliminated, especially when HBK and Bret had been tossed out then started to brawl on their way down the isle....

It brought me back to see some of those classic tag teams in the ring, everyone at that time loved to hate Money Inc. However, my favorite tag-team during this time period was High Energy, featuring the original "Bird-Man" and "The Rocket" (RIP to "Owen Hart)....Bobby Hennan made me crack up though after Koko B. Ware got thrown out of the ring hard, "The Bird-Man can fly," and of course it was just perfect timing from one the greatest announcers.

It also had some classic old-school mid-carders, like the Hawaiian version of Crush and The Repo Man (so technically team Demolition was represented in this battle royal as well), but it also had greats like The Texas Tornado, El Matador Tito Santana....and hey what do u know it even had Skinner (I guess Damion Dominto must of not made it to the WWF by then, haha)

I was truly surprised to see Tatanka win this classic 40 Man Battle Royal, was this his early “push” from the management that led to his undefeated that?

Regardless it was badass to see this so many years later, good find Kay Fabe and thanks.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal   WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Christ, this is off the Bashed In The USA video - this was the first WWF video I ever bought, when I was 11 or 12.

I feel old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal   WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal Empty

Back to top Go down

WWF - 40 Man Battle Royal
Page 1 of 1