Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Matt Hardy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:45 pm

I just put on another topic that I reckon he'll face Cena at Mania next year, I really think he's ready to make the step up to main event level. He's got the in-ring ability, is by far the better brother technically, and I honestly think his feud with Jeff will last for a few months, and will end around Summerslam, with a TLC match for the World Title, possibly with Edge and Christian involved too.

Which kind of got me thinking...

What next for Matt when this run with Jeff finishes? Reportedly his heel turn was a last minute thing when the angle with Christian fell through - I'm wondering if a face turn will invariably follow? All he has to do is lose the feud with Jeff, and then admit the 'better brother won' or something along those lines. However, from a personal standpoint, I'm enjoying his heel run, he's better more promo time in and although he's still not great on the mic, he's certainly improved.

He's shown he's capable of leading a brand, is not afraid to put new guys over, and in the past couple of years has really developed as a character, rather than being the guy than Edge stole Lita from. His feud with MVP was the best mid-card feud WWE have produced in quite some time, but...

I can't see who his next run would be against. Provided he's kept as a heel, my preferred choice would be a switch to Raw in the Draft, and a run with CM Punk. I think those matches could be something special, and a real launch pad for both. However, I do get a horrible feeling he'll just turn face again, and resort back to being Jeff's supporting act.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:32 pm

I thought Edge would be his next big feud although I was thinking that would be around SummerSlam time, the thing I wanted to see was the programme with Edge going full circle, I wanted Vickie to have an affair, not with Big Show though, I thought Matt screwing over Edge who he could have become close too over the coming weeks and months would have been great, it would have given him some professional pride back, I also think it would have helped Edge become a face, and given Matt the platform to really have a top main event feud

Obviously that wont happen now that they have used the affair angle with Big Show, I think its disappointing.

I think the next 12-18 months will be big months for Hardy and I expect him in this time to move up the ranks and into the main event division on SmackDown!

I think a fued with The Undertaker could be good for Hardy, Jeff had a couple of good matches with Taker years apart, I think a long run with Taker would be good for Matt too
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Edge is the obvious guy for a decent run with.
Others I could see as great to work with over the coming months: HBK (obviously that would involve Matt moving to RAW as HBK ain't jumping ship) but no-one raises the games of others like Shawn.
Christian, again an easy one to call as in tag team they have huge history.
MVP, sure its all been done before but they were both midcarders and the roles were reversed. Prior to Jeff this was Matt's best singles rivalry and would work well again.
CM Punk, again would involve a switch at the draft for someone but I think a battle of the two 'straight guys' in WWE could be quite a rivalry.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Mr Kennedy could also be a guy considered for Matt when his run with Jeff is over although I expect Kennedy to be shipped to ECW in the draft
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm worried that Matt will once again drift back into his bland face character rotting away in the mic card while his brother goes off and wins world titles.

I would have liked him to end this feud with Jeff on top, but just can't see that happening, with how the story started. With the attacks etc. it's poetic justice that Jeff ends up winning.

The man I want to see him fued with is Shawn Michaels. Both Matt and Michaels are excellent at making others look good and I think those two together could have a very good match and some nice mic work.

Matt I think has proved he is capapble of being just as good as his brother if not better. He's shown that he can step up to the plate in a feud he wasn't supposed to be in and show that as a heel he can be a serious main eventer.

I'm still not sure what WWE will have planned for him after WM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:27 pm

After WretleMania?

Jeff!

He will be programmed and paired against Jeff throughout the summer
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:27 pm

Yeah him and Jeff will tootle about in a variety of matches for probably another 3 PPVs.
A tag match at some point involving Edge (Matt's partner) and Christian (Jeff's partner)
A ladder match (possibly TLC)
And ending with a last man standing style finisher
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:42 pm

I can see that, pretty much like the Michaels Jericho fued last year, all different kinds of gimmick matches to help prolong it as much as possible, get as much life out of it then finish it off wiht a big blow off, one or both could easily head for the strap after that
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Personally I think Matt has to walk away from the feud as the victor, to be proven that the way he lived his life over Jeff was the right way and to build his heel heat. Otherwise Matt will fall back to mid card level while Jeff goes back to being number 1 babyface.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:55 pm

I just can't see it, I do think Matt will have some big wins but I think Jeff has to come out the victor

Matt has proven there is no lengths and no limits to the boundaries he pushes, while Jeff has done very little wrong to him yet had all the punishment of a jealous brother, Jeff should come out on top although in a way that both will look good in, that means like the Jericho Michaels feud last year, very little matches that actually requires a pin fall!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 pm

All I can say is times must be hard if Matt Hardy is anywhere near the main event scene.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:52 pm

You think Disco?

I have thought for a while he has the ability to perform their, although I think a serious hair cut would do the business, one like Jerichos
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:52 pm

I think he needs to change his attire though, and his music, he needs a more demonic tune, like Heel doinks although not the start of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matt Hardy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy   Matt Hardy Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Hardy
Page 1 of 1