Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

RVD interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

RVD interview Empty
PostSubject: RVD interview   RVD interview EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Opinion of Paul Heyman: "Paul was the best wrestling promoter to work for, if you cared about freedom of expression. As an artist, working under Paul's tutelage helped mold me into the non-conforming superstar I became, but made it challenging to be compatible with WWE's style."

Opinion of vince McMahon: "Vince is the man. Although he's intimidating, he has never treated me with anything but respect. He obviously is a great businessman that no one can touch in his field."

Going to WWE after ECW: "I was so frustrated by the adjustment to WWE style and politics that I'd often phone my wife, so she could talk me into staying. I've never felt like I needed a job or had to stay somewhere I wasn't happy. I see hundreds of open doors on any given day and I felt more like they were lucky to have me there."

His first thought when he found out WWE wanted to bring back the ECW name: "I rejected the idea, because ECW is forever linked to the extreme wrestlers who made history as rebels, and most of them would not be able to step back in the ring like they did back then. After giving some thought to new recruits, I got behind the idea to revive the spirit and, just like everyone else, I was very disappointed to learn that Vince used a “bait-and-switch” tactic to get started and then turned his back on the original ECW to try to create something new."

Losing the WWE Championship & ECW Championship because of Marijuana: "I lost two world titles from that event and, considering how burnt out I was from the travel, I welcomed the time at home. I even asked for more time off when they wanted me to come back. Although I wasn't happy that I had fucked up the plans for the ECW and the WWE, I have always felt proud to draw attention to the great injustice of marijuana prohibition. I've never given a public apology, because I'm not sorry when truth is exposed. Michael Phelps just helped prove the truthful point that even the world's greatest athlete chooses to smoke pot. Do you think that these concerned parents know more about physical health than the 14 gold medal winning Olympic champion or the WWE champion for that matter? They do not. Watching the chemotherapy patients wasting away, while my wife was getting treated, is enough reason to be very pleased that the American policy just changed to acknowledge state's rights to use medicinal marijuana. That's huge after denying its benefits for decades. People are going to have to adjust to the new truth as they will learn it. While alcohol kills over 150,000 Americans every year and tobacco kills over 450,000... marijuana poisoning has killed zero. Stop the bullshit. Views will change and I am at the front of the movement."

If TNA has contacted him: "The wrestling world keeps in contact with me. TNA, WWE and many others have their eyes on me and keep checking back with me to see if I'm ready to return to the ring… which translates to the road."
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074

RVD interview
Page 1 of 1