Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

R-Truth heading for the top?

Go down 
+8
C4lum
Sexton Hardcastle
grendelsdad
the-gaffer
podegarudo
Junior
InvincibleIleak
macclads
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : R-Truth heading for the top? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

R-Truth heading for the top? Empty
PostSubject: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Vince McMahon was said to be really upset backstage as to how R-Truth's debut on SmackDown last week came off. He wanted Killings to look like a top level star by looking strong in his first match and to sell nothing for Kenny Dykstra. There was some miscommunication as the road agents told R-Truth to do your standard babyface back-and-forth match by selling big at first and then doing a comeback.

» There’s a lot of people within WWE right now who want to see Ron “R-Truth” Killings do big things this time around, mainly Vince McMahon. They want him to come off like a main event caliber star and eventually give him a nice push on the SmackDown brand. So far the reaction to him has been OK other than a mishap in communication on his debut and everyone is wanting him to do well.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:54 pm

I think he's obviosuly got the look and the talent, it's probably down to the reaction he gets now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:55 pm

do something with burke then :@
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Burke's swiftly becoming the forgotten man of WWE. I've always posted about a new version of the NOD with Burke, Truth, Benjamin and MVP. All really great wrestlers and would be a great way to give them all a push.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 5:01 pm

yeah but its great so whay would wwe do it taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Burke, probably next on the future endevours list.

R-Truth reminds me of Booker T, who raps, and if they pushed him I can see R-Truth getting pushed too, hopefully they don't give him a king gimmick Razz
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 5:03 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
Burke, probably next on the future endevours list.

again jump off the bandwagon baz /or sexton caled that weeks ago
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 5:04 pm

It's common knowledge that he hasn't been on tv in weeks and IS likely to be next on the future endovours list.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 pm

I remember Truth the 1st time round in WWE when he partnered Road Dogg and thought the guy had real talent then though it could have been blinkered that he was replacing Billy Gunn.
Personally I hope he does get a great push as I think he could go really far, the only thing holding him back is his criminal background which WWE may not be happy with having as their flagbearer.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 7:14 pm

one thing that does bug me during his matches is jr keeps saying 'young man' hes got to be in his mid to late 30's
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 7:22 pm

I think the WWE have screwed up with R-Truth to be honest with you, all those promos kill any momentum he might gain in the business before he has managed a match.

I would have had him come in and save Triple H from a vicious beat down by Khali Benjamin MVP and Kendrick then I would simply hand over the responsibility to JR and Tazz to get him over with

JR - "OMG OMG OMG do you know who that is Tazz"
Tazz - "JR what the hell is happening, where the hell did he come from"
JR - "Thats RON KILLINGS Tazz, thats RON KILLINGS, why is he here, what is he looking for"
Tazz - "Someone's gonna pay, has he signed? when did he get out? is he legally passed to be here????"

Then you can build the promo back story to him for a few weeks, plus revealing he shall be known as R-Truth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:43 am

I guess the WWE does not want to rush things too much with R, and to me that seems like a good thing. Let him have a slow build-up, where he can come into his own in the midcard and where the fans can grow accustomed to him. Then, maybe after a short Undefeated Streak, pull the trigger on his first feud.

Maybe I am not remembering it correctly, but I could very well imagine that they are trying to built R up the same way they did Kofi. And Kofi was one of the best built up wrestler of recent times, until his trade to Raw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 11:31 am

Kofi was given promos, however I was not that impressed with those pormos previous to him joining and it took me a while to get into him, now though I think he is brilliant, I believe those on air promos hurt him initially, it wasn't until his programme with Benjamin that I really started to get interested in his character.

Anyway it was on ECW and he was very green, if reports are to be believed R-Truth is coming to main event SMACKDOWN! which for me is the wrong way to highlight him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 11:40 am

I was going to write an article yesterday but was struggling of things to say as hes only had 2 matches.

But i do think this guy should be heading for the top. He can be vinces figurehead to reach out to differant comunities. Vince knowingly wanted a black all american main eventer who could wrestle and i feel he may have just tweaked those plans a bit for r-truth, he can be the voice of the black comunity (and make vince money lol) and no he isnt like booker t in my opinion, he is miles better. Although booker was booked badly (ha)

Vince knows how well cryme tyme has gone down on the red brand and now its time to exploit that market more on SD. Fans love to sing along to things and love attention, plus he has his story of how he turned his life around, which is a good messege to any current people who are in a similar situation as he used to be
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:16 pm

i think he does need some different music, spending 2 minutes shouting "whats up" doesn't really do it for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:19 pm

when i first heard the entrance i thought, oh dear, but i thought him doing th watsups was a nice touch, its fookin catchy too, stuck in my head all last night, even with alcohol in the way :/

that bit that goes like skippedybipbah like your favorite politician lol.
aint a clue wat he said.

He sure has charisma though, and would be worthy of a main event push in a while i would think. Maybe MVP of USA rivalry first though
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:27 pm

podegarudo wrote:
i think he does need some different music, spending 2 minutes shouting "whats up" doesn't really do it for me

I like his entrance, it's still stuck in my head from friday, he has bags of charisma, looks decent in the ring, i think he'll make it to the top for sure
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:29 pm

His voice is what me made think of Booker, the're similar and they have a similar look, same finisher, but in the ring they are lot different.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Joker-C4lum wrote:
podegarudo wrote:

I like his entrance, it's still stuck in my head from friday, he has bags of charisma, looks decent in the ring, i think he'll make it to the top for sure

Sain louis say watsup.
you know what!?
people over there say wastup!!!
if you feel me stand up and say wastsup!

WATSUP WATSUP
WATSUP! WASSsUP!

lol

plus his range of in ring spins are brilliant. any chance hes gonna pull off the spinaroony for a laugh soon too ? king

he has a moveset that can easily be used in main event scene, and hes not even done too much yet. plus he has the perfect size for making believeable matches across the board.

AND hes athletic as foook. when he got on te turnbuckle backwards was genius.

id love to see Kwik vs burke vs benji for a title, i think they would steal the show at a ppv , shame it wont happen
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:43 pm

Which brings up this question, again: Where the hell is Burke?

I haven't been a major fan of his, but by now even I get the feeling that the guys at Titan Towers are idiots for not putting him on TV. He is still with the WWE, is he?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Every board that has an article or thread on Truth, that Iv seen people ALWAYS mention Burke.

Apart from them both being black, WHY?
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Burke is a capable wrestler who is good on the mic. Like R-Truth, presumably. That is, quite frankly, the only reason I can think of, apart from what you said.

Here is another question: Why does it take about five minutes in a discussion about a capable, freshly debuted black wrestler until people demand NOD reunion?
Back to top Go down
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 5:06 pm

i think he will be a high mid carder for awhile and maybe they will push him after a few years like they did booker t like in wcw booker was pushed much more from wcw towards the end of wcw and when he first went to wwe he was not no where like he was in wcw and it took years for him to get his wwe push
Back to top Go down
king inferno
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
king inferno

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:15 pm

i would love to see r-truth get a big push but,i highly doubt it will happen,he'll be big for a while snd then he'll be forgotten,just like 90% of the deserving talent in wwe
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:41 pm

accept vince like the guy so he wont just be forgotten now i dont think. Plus vince wants a black figurehead in the main event
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth heading for the top?   R-Truth heading for the top? Empty

Back to top Go down

R-Truth heading for the top?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next