Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

TNA Contracts Coming To An End

Go down 
+6
the-gaffer
pablo1610
grendelsdad
InvincibleIleak
boschbourne06
thegunman84
10 posters
AuthorMessage
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

TNA Contracts Coming To An End Empty
PostSubject: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:04 pm

A few TNA wrestlers contracts are coming to an end over the next couple of months. Anyone predicting any of these workers to jump ship?

Kevin Nash: He's been worn out for a while now, and really shouldn't be near a ring in 2008. However his mic work is still fantastic, and I think he still has his uses in a non-wrestling role. Doubt WWE would be interested.

Team 3D: About a year and a half ago, I would have said dump them ASAP, as they seemed uninterested, and were sandbagging younger talent. Since their fued with the Steiners around this time last year though, they have been like a whole different team. They have actually helped younger talent get over, and are magnificent in angles. From what I hear though, the bosses in WWE don't like Bubba-Ray, so I think a move would be somewhat unlikely, although they could be useful in WWE.

Awesome Kong: The star of the Knockouts division, Kong is a beast who looks great tearing through her opponents. I think WWE might make an approach for her despite not looking like the usual Divas. I reckon they would probably use heer well for a couple of months before fucking it all up. In my opinion, she would be better off staying where she is.

Christian Cage: The big one. Christian is an absolute top performer both in the ring and on the mic. TNA should definitely do all they can to hang on to this worker, as I think WWE could be very interested in bringing him back, although how they'd book him is another thing. I know gaffer would love to see him back, and I certainly think a Christian vs Shawn Michaels fued would be absolute gold, but I have a feeling that WWE wouldn't give him the push he deserves, and he'd be back in the midcard like he was before.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:09 pm

and all of the above have been rumored with a return to wwe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 pm

I think with Christian its a 50/50 chance in what will happen if he goes to WWE. He's still liked in WWE and they've already pushed someone similar in Edge, but the temptation is there to make him look bad and therefore TNA look bad or they just won't care and he'll slip into midcard.
I don't think he'd suddenly appear in the main event like Jericho, I think they'd build him up in the upper-mid card and see if he gets over enough with the 'WWE Universe'
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Christian is a strange one, as he was insanely over in WWE, yet they booked him like shit, which of course led to him leaving in the first place. It's because of that, that I'm unsure how he'd be booked on his return. To be honest I can see him getting an IC\US title run, but not much more than that unfortunatley.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:24 pm

It depends who he feuds with, if they book him in a feud with Shawn Micheals and he gets really over I think WWE will have no choice in pushing him, he left on good terms and I don't think Vince has any problems with him, I think if they bring him back as a heel and then he turns face I can see loads of merchandise sales and that equals big push.
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:42 pm

I am a bit wary of WWE booking at the moment. The have shown the eery tendency of actually doing things right, like with Michaels/ HBK, most of the Kane/ Rey angle and bits of the Reign of Punk.

It is simply too good to last. I don't trust the WWE with handling anyone of the above mentioned correctly for longer than a few months, especially not Christian. That guy has such a long history of being mis-booked by WWE, that wont change just because he has been moderately successful in TNA.

I would love to see Kong in WWE, but I am pretty sure that they would hose her up by making her job to some anorexic Barbie clone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:09 pm

yeah I definitely agree, Christian was always seen as a bit of a nobody in WWE, and although he was in a successful tag team, the focus was always meant to be on Edge, who WWE have wanted to push since he debuted, Christian was supposed to be the Marty Jannetty to Edge's Shawn Michaels, and his booking reflected that.

And that possibility with Kong would be disastrous, can just see Kelly Kelly get the pin on her now. Message to Kong, you aint a pretty girl, so you aint gonna get pushed. Best stay with TNA, where you'll no doubt get another run with the Knockouts title
Back to top Go down
pablo1610
Fandango
Fandango
pablo1610

Number of posts : 610

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:25 pm

i dont think WWE would have any intention of signing nash. hes a shit worker
Back to top Go down
pablo1610
Fandango
Fandango
pablo1610

Number of posts : 610

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:28 pm

but i do think that team 3d would be at home on smackdown as heels. provided they use the tag team efficiently.

smackdown has always been the best place for tag teams to go since the brand extention
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:31 pm

I think Nash would work if he came back as the new GM of SMACKDOWN and his first official act was signing Christian and pushing 'his' man!

I think it would get Christian insanely over

I think it would also work if he done the same with the Dudleys, like Gunz I too thought they were finished but this past year they have been brilliant and are excellent on the mic.

If the four of them turned up on the one show it could have the same impact that the Radicalz had on there arrival
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Nash would be a big mistake, Id love to see TNA call his bluff and cut him loose and WWE not pick him up. He is one of the biggest trouble makers in wrestling history and IMO should take some of the blame of why WCW no longer exists.

He's not needed by either company, FUCK KEVIN NASH!

Team 3D......WWE still do tag teams? Shocked .......who knew?

Kong: I could see her jumping "if" offered the chance.

Christian is 50/50 like leak said, he should jump but I'm not to sure he will to be honest.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 4:33 pm

Christian probably would jump ship (Im saying probably because he love's how relaxed his new schedule is compared with WWE's) IF he got a guarentee he would get a world title run and a major push, which he never got in his last run.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:55 pm

Yeah I think a guaranteed title run would need to be written into his contract in order to make it truly worth his while. Otherwise he would likely be a midcard talent that's going nowhere once again. I certainly believe that he has eough ability to get as over in WWE as he is in TNA. Look at Christian in WWE around 2004, starting with his fued with Jericho he became one of the most over men on the roster, so I firmly believe he would be capable of accomplishing that again.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Wasn't Christian in a world title feud just before he left with Jericho and Cena, I might be thinking of Edge scratch and Cena and Jericho had a contest where Jericho played Rock music and Cena rapped.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Not really much of a fued, they had Jericho and Cena in a fued when Cena made the switch to RAW. They threw Christian in there as an additional opponent, mostly so it was a good match, as Cena vs Jericho in singles competition didn't turn out so good. I'm pretty sure that at that same time, Edge was nowhere near ready for the main event, with the fans reacting apathetically to everything he was involved in.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:07 pm

I thought so, the feud with Edge was the Triple H, Cena, Edge feud adter WM 22
Back to top Go down
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Country : TNA Contracts Coming To An End UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 am

wwe gave Christian a bad role and made him look like a sissy and did not use his talent well at all they did the same with matt morgon with a bad role when i saw him i thought he will be a big star but wwe did not want to push him either
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 9:07 am

I would love to see Nash as GM think he would be quality agree with Gaffer that bringing him and Cage would be good.

Dont think Kong should come over because she would be wasted.

Team3D not to sure about them Tag Team division is on its arse and them returning would be good for that.

To be honest would like to see all these stay at TNA and for TNA to build a real solid company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA Contracts Coming To An End   TNA Contracts Coming To An End Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA Contracts Coming To An End
Page 1 of 1