Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??

Go down 
+7
KentWrestlingLegend
desert_dude1985
spenner
hiphop020
A-s-H
Fux de Lux
Discopants
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Country : World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? England-1

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? Empty
PostSubject: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 7:00 pm

So Punks (still) the WHC but is it only by name?

First of all, I appreciate what this whole angles trying to do. I know he's the "underdog" trying to prove himself with the big fish but the way it's been done is total bollocks. This is in no way an attack on CM Punk.

IMO, the World Heavyweight Championship is the big one. That's what everyone's supposed to be after and that's everyones ultimate goal. It's the #1 title in WWE. So why is it receiving what is practically mid card attention? The answer is because Punk has it and he isn't a main event draw. In that case he should not have the belt. The belt should be the star attraction of every PPV with the very odd exception yet for the second time in a row it's 3rd (maybe 4th) down on the card. Punk doesn't even main event Raw ffs.

I have nothing against Punk holding it but if he has that belt he should be main eventing, nothing less. If WWE are not willing to let him do that then he should not have it.
Back to top Go down
Fux de Lux
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Fux de Lux

Number of posts : 547

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 pm

I don-'t think, it was the maintitle. See. Cena is the companys man and within the last years he was always fighting for the WWE-CC.
Punk is a true champion. He's got charisma and the Inring skills. Sure he has got to improve his skills at the mic. But the biger prob, Punk has is that every enemy looks bigger and more powerfull. It's hard to install him as a great fighting champion. But at least, he sells the merch. That's it!
Back to top Go down
A-s-H
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
A-s-H

Country : World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? Scotland-2

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 pm

i think atm the world heavyweight championship isnt the superior title even though it always really has been maybe thats because punk has gt it and hes nt as well known as other superstars like triple h, john cena and so on.... bt i agree that wwe should put punk into more main events!!and if nt maybe vacate the title or summin
Back to top Go down
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:31 pm

maybe WWE is trying to make the main event card bigger? I mean i wouldnt like to watch every WHc fight between Cena, JBL, Batista and Kane, the biggest and maybe most popular superstars on RAW
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:40 pm

But CM Punk isn't main eventing, not even on Raw. They should either give him the belt, let him headline the PPV's and give him more promo time than anyone else. At the minute, he has little more than mid-card status.
Back to top Go down
spenner
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
spenner

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:58 pm

The belts dont seem to have the same meaning as they once did. Im sure i heard somewhere HBK vs Flair at mania was going to be the main event, but flair declined this stating the title should be the main event. Just shows even on his final match flair had total respect for what the title stands for and all respect to him because thats how it should be. Totaly agree with whats been put. They should keep it Main event no matter who's holding the belt. If WWE really think Punk has what it takes they wouldnt be doing it.
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:03 pm

yeah punks great. and one day the little dude is gonna be a great champ. but it does seem like they shoulda handed him maybe the intercontinetal or US belt before this.
i mean.....like people are sayin...he seems like a mid carder.....so when he lose the WHC eventually .....he can only really go downhill or stay mid card.
either they give him a good placing in the main events and give him a real reason to be there or they put him in a more comfy spot, where he looks good and people dont think he's been wasted.
Back to top Go down
KentWrestlingLegend
Intercontinental Champion
Intercontinental Champion

Location : Kent Number of posts : 774 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton, LAX

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:09 pm

lets take summerslam.

sd main event egde v taker HIAC
raw main event batista v cena

neither of those matches are for the title. what does that say?

btw matches correct at time of posting
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:10 pm

Im sorry havent read through this properly but i want to take time to mention he had a BRILLANT match with batista at GAB my personal favourite of the card and i hate batista so credit to him imo but i feel thers something worng but i cant place my finger on it scratch
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Fux de Lux
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Fux de Lux

Number of posts : 547

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 11:06 pm

aidanl123 wrote:
lets take summerslam.

sd main event egde v taker HIAC
raw main event batista v cena

neither of those matches are for the title. what does that say?

btw matches correct at time of posting

It says, that the company is finally doing, what most of the fans want: The acceptance, that a good story comes not only, because it's constructed around a title.
But instead of pushing the 'little' titles to something, a Maineventer is longing for, they produce storylines around the Maineventers and throw the IC, the US and the TT-Titles to the Midcard. What grace they start to pack this runs in storys, like they did with Santino. What a great deal. Can't wait to see that match!
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Country : World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? Untitl11

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 3:41 am

I think that it was more of a test to see if Punk could handle it as the Champ. Obviously he doesnt have the look of a Champion but he does have a fair amount of talent. I wouldnt be suprised to see him lose the title and slip away to the wrestling graveyard as he doesnt look the part he doesnt sound the part and he cant fight with the big guys and lets face it most top stars in WWE are big guys.
Also Punk doesnt seem to get the crowd going as much as even Kane whos career is far from at its peak although with this new push who knows?
And in the WWE Championship thing with Khali being in the Main Event it might just be a rumor but theres speculation that his knees are giving way due to his massive size and the fact that he hasnt gone through proper rehab from previous knee injuries so mabye WWE are giving him one last push whilst getting a little more attention in India.
Of corse the injury may not be 100% as bad as it sounds but the whole getting more from India/ Asia certainly is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:31 am

Fair enough but that isn't what this is about. I don't give a shit about Punk (atm, for the sake of this argument), it's the fact he has the title and hasn't really stepped up all that much. Would it really be shocking for him to be fighting JBL in a mid-card match at Summerslam? No, it wouldn't. Punk's title reign is completely superficial IMO.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:44 am

To be fair your right i hope to hell that JBL vs Punk isnt Main Event stuff but who on RAW is capable of giving a long and interesting match without it having a stipulation.
Kane isnt title quality at the moment, JBL might be able to but hed need some one good to work with, Cena we all know about as we do with Batista so really who else should they give it to.

Basically no one on RAW can really step up to the plate and make a statement as an amazing champion so why not give it to Punk when really Cena vs Batista shouldnt be Main Event and JBL vs Cena wouldnt be Main Event and Batista vs Punk probably wouldnt either so i think that Punk is just a viable Champion as any on RAW at the moment.

Also theres Jericho, who id love as champion, but hes not really in the hunt until this HBK thing goes away.

On the plus hand having Punk as the Champ allows multiple storys to build with the new arrivals after the draft between the top contenders so that there is history between them all, having new storys with no history to build upon would become annoying.

The main thing this push for Punk has done is screw over his chances in WWE completly this whole paper champion storyline has become reality.

There are pros and cons for this desicion but on the whole i would agree Punk + a major title = Low Ratings and poor matches for example Punk vs Snitsky theres no point in it having a Champ face a jobber so as i see it Punk is the champ to basically make others look better
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 11:53 am

As youve said once this hbk v jericho thing clears up which hopefully will be a long time [mind only if it keeps up its current standards.] I mean Jericho could pull a canny match out of CM Punk i disagree however that Punk cant fight bigger guys did you see his Great American Bash match he made Batista look good and he lifted the roided up fucker above his head.

Also theres always Mysterio whenever he is due back.
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
gongkid06
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract

Country : World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? NorthernIreland-1

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:12 am

Yeah Punk needs to lose soon because the title matches are pretty crappy and pointless, unless he faced somebody his size or smaller, like Mysterio. That would be a matchup.

Or

JBL needs to win so Mysterio can beat him again for the championship.
Back to top Go down
WillK2007
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
WillK2007

Location : California, MD Number of posts : 165 Favourite Wrestler : My favorite wrestler is Kurt Angle.

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:17 pm

I think the WHC has always been held to a little less importance by WWE because it was a "WCW" belt. However, remember when Triple H held it and the IWC was complaining that he was hogging it and refusing to drop it to anyone in 2002-2003? That time brought the title a little prestige, IMO. I also believe that if WWE wants to have it called the "World" Championship, then the champ needs to defend it more internationally than just in WWE. That'd bring the belt more value.

The reason why CM Punk has the belt is because he is a "straight edged superstar" He's against drugs, alcohol, steroids, things of that nature. The WWE wants to clen up their public image a little bit and direct their programming towards family and kids, so that's why Punk has the belt right now.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Junior wrote:

Also theres always Mysterio whenever he is due back.

Junior if that squeeky bastard just anywhere near that WHC belt i swear i wont watch RAW Rey is too old or crippled to even get near a match on RAW.
How can he appeal to you Jnr in TNA i dont mind a fair few high flyers but when he has no one to complement his ability in the way high flyers meet on TNA he just gets old quickly. Also he cant promo for shit and he cant be a heel EVER and virually all his storylines involve him beeing the little small underdog that loses ever match ecept the one at the PPV.

Also the bit about Jericho vs HBK has anyone else notice that when Jericho is blaming them all for HBKs injuries the dont really seem to care, like its a good promo to someone with an ounce of intelligence but to the Americans it seems to me that they just dont get that hes teliing them straight they are losers and he hates them because he uses big words and because he isnt using violence in every part of his promo they dont seem to care. Might just be me but it seems his promos while good just dont liven up the crowd by them giving him heat in the way they should be.
Back to top Go down
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:00 pm

i know what you mean, most of the crowd really has no idea how to react, when shelton benjamin comes out, it seems like everybody is quiet, same for kofi kingston. These two guys are really talented and deserve a bigger pop then jeff hardy who doesnt even get a chance to a big title
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 3:59 am

Yeah actually you saying that about them amde me realise that most American WWE fans dont interact with a 'superstar' unless they are an american patriot, funny or do crazy stunts.

People that have intelligent promos, somebody thats purly about wrestling and although i hate to admit it but now i realise it, how many african american/ non american sucsess stories have there been in the WWE.

Theres only really Khali who been big in recent years and then hes only getting a push for the indian audience.

It brings us back to the Is WWE/ Wrestling racist? and the other point that most people cant connect with intellegence.

Jeff deserves his pop Hiphop but Kofi certainly does too...
Back to top Go down
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 9:09 pm

dont forget shelton, i dont know why he is still a heel, ok hes cocky but he has all the rights
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? Empty

Back to top Go down

World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??
Page 1 of 1