Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Shield

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: The Shield   The Shield EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Will they reunite? Do you want them too?

Apart from Strowman, there is no big threat for them to tackle And he isn't the champion and running rampant with no hope of anyone ever beating him, so would it matter if they all team up against him? Roman vs Strowman was compelling, so why add two other guys.

There is no legitimate stables either. Miz is well established as the focus of his group, so singles competition suits that

Honestly, right now I think i'd rather they keep teasing a reunion, before Ambrose and Rollins destroy Roman Reigns in a twist at some point. Go back to the non defined heel or face status, but with all of them. Dean and Seth deciding that Roman's ego has grown too much and he needs to be taken down a peg, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 4:46 pm

I want them to re-unite but for a much bigger reason that the Miz and the Miztourage. If nothing else, all three members of the Shield are former world champs, the Miz has two jobbers beside him. The only reason to do it is to try and get the crowd to cheer Roman Reigns, but given how good a heel Miz has been lately, it's not going to work.

The only other viable option would be to team Balor with the Club to take them on (could be easily done by making the Club the No 1 contenders for the tag title), and have Shield vs Bullet Club. Alternatively, have Ambrose turn heel on Reigns as I think that's about the only Shield feud that's not been done yet.

Either way, there should be a better reason to team them up again than Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel. There has to be!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah, a while back if Braun went from beating jobbers to taking out innocent wrestlers that people cared about then that's a job for The Shield. For me the Shield only works when there is a cause. Either injustice from evil management or monsters, or by wanting to dominate as a power group. After they were established you had dream matches with Evolution and the Wyatt' s , but right now there is no established force, renegade or otherwise.

The good brothers have been the jobbing tag team apart from a few flashes recently, and after WWE hit the young bucks with a cease and desist order for "too sweet" it can go two ways. Punish former BC members, or finally establish their own stable that is actually on Shield's level. I feel that would have to be Finn Balor and someone else that is a draw in their own right too. Maybe give Balor the go ahead to create something completely new instead.

The only stable I want to see Roman in from now on is the bloodline. It had promise, but the timing wasn't right. And anyone could be the new muscle in the Shield without the awkward feel that even though they are supposed to be equal, Roman would be the focus of anything on the singles front and fans wouldn't respond to that now.

Post Mania Roman is the best Roman there is for WWE. WWE just has to accept it, as well as fans.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 pm

i would love to see a them reform but not against the miz and the jobbers they don't think they are the best to reunite the shield I feel there should be a real threat going around that nobody can stop for them too do it.

I have read online that the miz will just be the reason for them reuniting but wont be there opponents at TLC if true who do you guys think it'll be ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Team ECK  Smile

Only trio's around are New Day and Adam Cole's group.

Maybe there is a new member for AOP hidden away? That would be a threat, but not a draw unless they have a quality leader like Joe or someone.

My mania prediction was Bloodline vs an Undertaker led faction. So outside shot that Taker leads a group of tattooed followers, which is what I pictured for him if he returns but as mainly a character not a wrestler. It would be a great way to boost a bunch of guys and keep using Undertaker to sell tickets and ppv buys.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Random thought alert:

If Kurt Angle has a son on TV, why not introduce someone as the Undertaker's son, or spawn created in a lab or something? Debuting Aleister Black as that would be pretty much a nailed on main eventer from the start...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 11:36 pm

I honestly think HHH saw Tommy End doing his thing and had a moment of clarity, creatively seeing him paired with Taker in some way. As soon as he debuted with the whole black mass gimmick it clicked with me that this is a guy to have following Undertaker as a disciple or whatever. And since last year I've been thinking that is the best way to use Taker now he's lost at WM a few times and has struggled to give all he'd like to give to WWE physically. He's the best guy to have lead in the locker room, no one would debate that, so having him around a bit more without working his body to dust would be genuinely amazing for all involved with WWE.

You have to say the way HHH has presented Black in NXT it just looks like he has a big plan for him. I'd even say it would breathe new life into the Undertaker as a character to have new followers. Black vs Rollins as possible fallout from a new ministry vs Shield rivalry... come on. It books itself, it really does.

Book it God damn It! Without the spawn bit Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Now it becomes clearer. Elevate some guys who have already worked to elevate themselves over the last year. 6 arguably main event calibre talents getting their spot with Brock away.

How long it will run depends on who else the Shield could take on afterwards or if they do a quick turn after.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 am

looks like Cearso and sheamus and braun will be there opponents by the looks of how things where on raw last night I like the fact braun being in it hes un stoppable
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 11:33 am

I think Braun might be kept back for Joe. It seemed like Miz and the Bar to me. Unless I missed something. They could actually have an "all titles on the line" match with Roman losing and costing the other two the tag belts, which would be a genuinely interesting story arc and it would be something unexpected, giving Roman human qualities that can help him with the fans.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Braun vs Joe would be great, there's always something great about watching two bruising monsters go at it.

Like the idea about the 'all the titles on the line' match, would make a hell of a main event for TLC.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 4:14 pm

The Shield. Do I want them to reform? Yes, but not yet. WWE are desperately missing Stables / factions in my opinion and there are a few potential ones brewing in the Balor Club, The Shield, The Miztourage and theres always the potential of a Wyatt family.

I don't think The Bar with The Miz is a long time thing (haven't seen Raw yet). I think its just a TLC match. I hope Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel stay away from the Miz, but I do like the Idea of him having a long term Miztourage. When he's back i'd draft in Big Cass as a bodyguard for him, as well as another mid to upper card guy. That should be fine for those.

Id probably go back to Harper and Rowans joining the wyatt family again but do it right this time. Wyatt brainwashing them. And now Sister Abigail rumoured to be coming in, She could become the new leader of the Family. I really like the idea of a female leading a faction.

The Balor club again seems easy to put together. Balor is struggling getting the upper hand on the wyatts. He asks his old buddies for help.

Then we have the shield. Reigns cant get the title because of these groups. Rollins and Ambrose constantly outnumbered in the tag team matches. reform them then and go for all the titles.

Id do this around the Royal Rumble time (apart from The Shield reunion). Then at mania, Reigns wins the title of Lesner. one of the stables leaders / main guys beats him pretty soon after mania. Reigns cant get it back because of the numbers game. Rollins and Ambrose come to him with help.

Of course we have Sanity in NxT. If the Wyatts don't get back together they are a perfect replacement. I wouldn't have the Wyatts and Sanity around at the same time.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 9:35 pm

They are back, no surprise really.

When they were all together after everything that has happened Dean Ambrose still stands out as the guy. I'm not sure what it is, but he just seems like the only one that's truly comforrable in character in the Shield. He also seems to be the one that naturally takes the lead of the group. He definitely milked the moment for all it's worth. I'm not sure if Roman and Seth did anything different to usual, but Ambrose looked like something changed in him and he looked more 'Shield'. I think he probably just had a swagger about him

Just a weird observation.

a bit later on they did the proper hounds of justice thing (in crap t shirts like the one they have Roman wear that doesn't suit the bad ass persona) stopping Strowman from breaking Matt Hardy. So it is the proper Shield, with an actual mission statement. Proper Shield with a Cena style gloss, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Was this week the a hint that a Taker faction could happen at some point?

Kane returning to screw Roman looks like the initial build to Undertaker's revenge, doesnt it? And Roman has back up currently, so you know? It could happen. We can probably accept Taker can't get heat, and it's a waste turning the Shield as a whole too, but having Uso's rock up at some point to take out Ambrose and Rollins, that would be cool and get good heat for the Bloodline as some bad ass Samoan's looking to take over the business. Throw in the who will Roman side with dilemma. That would be decent
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 8:41 am

A Taker faction of who, though? Kane is the obvious starting point, even though he's barely been seen for a year and clearly has political ambitions. If you're looking at some kind of supernatural stuff, Bray Wyatt would be the obvious guy, but then you'd be losing his promo skills. Harper and Rowan need to be established as a tag team, Strowman is doing brilliantly on his own and doesn't need to be overshadowed as by a legend.

If you're going down the faction route, my shout would be to call up Sanity en masse, and have Taker lead them as his army of the night or something.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 am

Kane looked overweight, but to be fair I have a feeling he's just been asked to step in for the very short term to set something else up. I just can't see Undertaker vs Reigns one vs one again, but maybe that is the actual goal. But I'm damn sure the only reason we saw Kane was to set up storyline and footage for the Roman vs Taker stuff without announcing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shield
Page 1 of 1