Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Smackdown Shake Up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Smackdown Shake Up Empty
PostSubject: Smackdown Shake Up   Smackdown Shake Up EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 11:24 am

Hands up who thought after Raw "Well Smackdown is fucked" apart from AJ and Nakamura

Then they put on another beast of a show despite some weird US title contender thing, where it's obvious they are just waiting a bit for the Wyatt, Orton thing to be sorted out and to see where all the titles actually are. And sort of giving Corbin a shot as his rival was taken away.

It's all they could do, and it was still fantastic.

There's a definable midcard now, whether that's good or bad, who knows, because it will mean eventually the US title going on Mojo haha.

Kevin Owens is sort of on SD, although the stipulation is they traded the IC title for the US title, so whoever holds it in 3 weeks will join. A get out clause, and a way to have another match on Payback, and Dean beat Owens too, just in case they decide to change anything else.

Kevin Owens was interrupted by Baron Corbin, because Owens said about beating everyone up. Then Sami Zayn came out, the crowd was pumped anyway, but this felt like home for Zayn. Then AJ styles arrived to a mega pop. Showing that being "held down" at Mania has made him even more popular, and he learned to respect others in his story arc.

Tag match was high paced tag insanity, Uso's keeping the titles and then Alpha getting a beat down from some now instantly legit Colon's. Look how easy it is to make talent look better. Ziggler gave them props on Talking Smack while eating an apple ha.

Womens division. I'm not sure on just yet. Obviously Charlotte is huge, she has to come in strong because she's a four time champ, maybe the story will be you have to earn it on SD, everyone is equal etc.

Dolph came out to get his Ziggler heat. Playing up to the fact people are long sick of him whining is perfect though. And then instant classic match set up. A great way to start Nakamura and a good way to finally give Dolph something he can impress in and it matter. If they last for a PPV or two it will be a visually cool rivalry of the two 80's looking guys too. Lots of strobes and smoke haha. I think they could get to the stage of an electric buzz of anticipation before the music hits and have everyone eating out the palms of their hands during long matches. We shall see

Great main event starring AJ Styles, common phrase.

Orton is in a bit of a no man's land. But Bray did show up on the tron to keep that going a bit

Rusev and Lana also joining. And New Day. But that didn't happen yet for reasons. New Day are injured by the Revival. Although Big E could go solo...
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Smackdown Shake Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Shake Up   Smackdown Shake Up EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 4:33 pm

They actual have fucked them up the womens division has 6 women on and not one of them could hold a anything compared to Charlotte, as for Owens moving it needed to be done with Ambrose on raw but least they got one big name over.

I can see Zayn turning heel though with smackdown was suppose to be the place for me land of opportunity I was promised and not got.

But for me I just thought after seeing the finish they have no big stars really on the show, Wyatt now gone over and going to be top Raw heel but fed up with WWE officials and feels they've dropped the ball with him and fed up on them telling him one thing and not doing it and he wanted to stay on SD.

Now im gussing AJ is face which is a shame I enjoy his heel stuff was surprised he didn't move but if he did go they would have been completely fucked.

As for Jinder mahal he'll just be squashed all the time like Shining stars cant see them winning the titles.

Read Lana and Rusev wont be together and shes getting her own separate gimmick now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Smackdown Shake Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Shake Up   Smackdown Shake Up EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 pm

It looked that way for Lana. Doing a bit of a chair dance video package. There's no point in her being a pretend angry Russian any more. Especially on SD. Also Freeing Rusev from all foreign heel duties has been needed for a long time in my opinion. He's too good to be a one dimensional character.

Nakamura, AJ, Zayn, Owens, Dolph, Orton Rusev, Corbin and Big E are the potential singles champions. And Mojo because they still clearly see him as new Cena.

Tag teams of Alpha, Uso's, The Colon's (I doubt they will be the shining stars on SD) and Woods and Kofi isn't bad either.

Don't be down on the shining stars, they've done the job since coming in with the bull fighter shit and the hotel and resort shit. Now they can reap the rewards of taking all that shit and not giving up. You can't say they aren't good in ring either, they are top tag workers, but in essence have been used to fill house show cards for years, whilst jobbing a bit on TV. Within one minute on SD they are a legitimate threat, all be it a jump attack. Its the first serious thing they have ever been given.

AJ is still cocky, But he didn't cheat. If he can be booked as not needing to from now on it will cement his status as the top guy. And if Owens faces him at the next PPV, then Owens can keep the role he had on Raw.

----- I don't know if Rollins and Owens will swap eventually? They have left a lot of storylines open where changes can still happen. Ambrose could even be put in to the US title match, win the US title and come back, or defend two titles on two shows like the workhorse he is. Lots of less than final feeling trades at the moment.

I can't imagine Bray losing his own created match type, whatever that is, so could SD lose the World Title lol
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Smackdown Shake Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Shake Up   Smackdown Shake Up EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 12:08 pm

SD did okay, but with Raw getting Wyatt, I can't help thinking we're reverting back to the brand split o old - guys go to SD, rebuild their careers, get moved over to Raw, get lost in the shuffle. Miz has had probably the best year of his career, now that's going to get destroyed. We've seen Wyatt vs The Shield endlessly over the past few years, Wyatt vs Balor has been rushed. SD didn't get a single headiner, Owens is potentially great but holds a mid-card title. Rollins should have gone to SD, could have kayfabed the hell out of it with Trips getting rid of the dude who pretty much put his wife through a table.

I'm still hoping the Hardys get split up too, they offer far too much as singles guys to just get Dudley'd into the tag division for the next few months. Jeff vs Balor, Wyatt, Rollins, Reigns on Raw or vs Orton, Cena, Owens or whoever on SD is waay too tempting to waste him on Cesaro and Sheamus.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Smackdown Shake Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Shake Up   Smackdown Shake Up EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 10:28 am

I think both Orton and Owens with retain their titles at the PPV - in which they can set up new guess going forward. I wouldn't mind seeing Baron Corbin be the one who goes after Randy Orton for the title. Think he's improved a lot over the year. Orton can only improve him. It's still probably a bit early to put the title on Corban though.

Kevin Owens and AJ Styles is already set up (assuming Owens retains). A good couple of months feuding over the US Title into Summerslam.

The Uso's and American Alpha had a great match. Best I've seen in a while (I normally fast forward most). As Sexton said, The Colons turning up was a nice touch. Just hope they become a light threat. Not forgetting the New Day either. A good decision base.

So that's the 3 titles covered. We still have zayn, Nakamara, Ziggler, Rusev, Rowley, Luke Harper and Tye Dillinger etc to work with.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Smackdown Shake Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Shake Up   Smackdown Shake Up EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Grec, I think the Hardy's will split. But it will be after a bit of a tag run. They might as well milk it on the show as much as possible, so an initial nostalgia run helps that. Plus it leaves the tag division looking a bit better when they lose (to The Revival, would make most sense and set them up as the guys who broke the New Day and Broke the Hardy's. If Matt gets the leg snapper move, he can vanish for a few weeks and then start up his thing again. If TNA don't budge on the Broken gimmick, they could join Bray and do it that way as a "new" gimmick)

I get the feeling when Steph is better she will swap Owens for Rollins or whatever. But this gives Owens a bit of a run Vs AJ to freshen him up) I think Owens can heel retain vs AJ to keep both on track too. AJ still due his one on one world title match, an easy out after not winning the US title.

A SD PPV of Nakamura vs Ziggler, KO vs Zayn and AJ vs Orton possible. With a tv title match with KO vs AJ in the mean time. Add to that tag qualifiers with possibly Alpha vs Colon's feud and a tag title match with Uso's and New Day possible. It Doesn't look bad at all. Still don't know about the women, they tend to do 5 or 6 person matches, but Charlotte needs singles matches. There's Harper vs Corbin that i'd go for next as another mid card feud. Corbin will keep learning and Harper will get his first stand alone face feud. All the same stuff Ambrose could have done with Corbin, but with a slight difference in characters and current standing. Dean was dropping down a few levels, despite the good work of Corbin and I did like the feud. But Ambrose drops down too often imo for what he can do when given the ball to run with. It hurts his momentum, but it does really help WWE tick over. You can see why he is on Raw now. He can go anywhere on the card and work instantly with anyone.

Rusev, who knows. He could work with anyone from Orton to Mojo. Depending on how he evolves. I'd like to see him held back for a bit and come in as a face vs Ziggler to see how he does. Or if they split Big E in to singles then that is something they already have worked on. Two big guys working proper hefty wrestling matches. Both have the pedigree for funny moments and insane in ring moments. It could be a break out feud if done well.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Smackdown Shake Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Shake Up   Smackdown Shake Up EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Thing I don't like is that Wyatt didn't have a long title run even though was promised it and then he challenges Orton to his own kind of match which hes gonna lose for me for Wyatt to get over as the new top heel and scary character then he should be winning and would get him over more as that kind of character and be taken serious.

It happens a lot with Wyatt look at Cena, Ambrose, Taker I read online he loses the majority of his matches on TV and PPVs it damages the whole Wyatt gimmick and what I couldn't believe is his lose rate for TV and PPVs is 75% that's shocking and he deserves to be pushed and booked a lot better so he can be taken more serious, hopefully his move to raw will be good for him and he'll be booked better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sponsored content

Smackdown Shake Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Shake Up   Smackdown Shake Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Shake Up
Page 1 of 1