Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts Empty
PostSubject: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 7:31 am

Quote :
WWE has officially offered Matt and Jeff Hardy WWE contracts. The two sides have been talking for quite some time, and it’s believed that ROH is just going to be a pit-stop on their way back “home” to WWE, and it looks like those assumptions are correct.

The Hardy/ROH deal is obviously short term, therefore don’t be surprised if they drop the ROH Tag Team Titles to the Young Bucks at Supercard of Honor on April 1st.

While there is no word on whether or not the Broken Universe will be available for the Hardys to use, it looks like the team might very well travel through space and time and wind up back in WWE. An actual deal is on the table, and only time will tell if Matt and Jeff Hardy decide to sign the contracts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 am

As a tag team put them on NxT or possibly smackdown. It would be silly to split them up at this stage of their career.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:10 pm

I'd split them up and put them on different brands.

Matt on Raw, giving it the full Broken Matt treatment would be gold. Jeff to Smackdown, brings star name value straight away. Then maybe a tag team run in 12-18 months, assuming Matt's not fat and Jeff's still off the drugs.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Would like to see Matt continue his broken gimmick and being aloud his say on it all but with WWE doubt he will get his say although when with TNA he had full say over creative side of things for him and his gimmick and when signing for ROH he made sure in the contract he had exactly the same be interesting to see if WWE have done the same
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 10:27 pm

The problem with creative control is who does it help? Delete is just another term for bury, really. It works in a parody form, perfect in the Indies. But in WWE, how would they pull it off? You could argue the whole thing was just to get WWE's attention whilst also giving the indie crowd what they want and generating interest.

But WWE Hardy Boyz are the quirky daredevils who can add legitimacy to any division without the need of anything too OTT gimmick wise. Keep them a little crazy, just not full blown broken.

In singles competition Jeff would probably rise near the top of Smackdown and Matt would do what he did (3 times?) in WWE. That's if they go in as singles right away imo.

On that basis, I'd have them tag on SD, or Raw with at least 2 or 3 genuinely capable teams and just send the division way up the card. Uso's at Mania would be the perfect start. Alpha and The revival to be the other two teams who can feud until all four swap around feuds building to a Fatal Four way at TLC in the co main event.

Then you can have Matt and Jeff split and feud like crazy. Have them have to be separated by GM's for their own safety. The work they would do with each other would get them both over with the wwe audience as singles competitors properly as well.

Then they can reuinite for a HoF run too.

If that was the rough plan, I think they would bite the WWE's hands off at the chance
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 8:26 am

Hardys as the quirky daredevils won't work anymore, they're in their late 30s / early 40s now. To see them just going back to WWE-style Hardys would just look like two desperate middle-aged guys trying to be cool.

I genuinely do not ever want to see them feud with each other ever again. It's happened on-and-off for the past almost 20 years, there's no mileage left in it. With the Broken Matt gimmick, it made him show a personality and becoming interesting as a solo guy for the first time since he feuded with MVP.

SD has Bray Wyatt and Harper as the slightly darker guys, Raw has no-one that has any kind of an interesting persona. Even a monster like Braun Strowman shows not much by way of a deeper personality. Broken Matt could be the catalyst for some of these guys who show not much by way of character develop to play off someone who has their gimmick absolutely nailed down. He could have his own new generation of MF'ers (someone like Tyler Breeze would be ideal).

Plus the thought of the dilapidated boat on Raw? Tell me that wouldn't be best thing thing to happen to Raw since the Nexus!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 1:02 pm

I genuinely have no idea what that is haha. I have only seen bits and pieces of Broken Matt

It's a fair point. But I'm looking at it from the angle of how WWE audiences usually respond, if they return it would be the Hardy's people expect. Not two singles guys. But you never know.

and I just feel a WWE audience would need them to feud to accept them both in singles.

Personally I just want to see a few big tag matches with the few great up and coming teams, as there is no real long standing team that's booked as a great team to really launch the division from booking obscurity. Despite the talent available, the same old thing has happened where teams barely feature every week (SD) or get squashed by one guy (Raw)

it was about a month since the Uso's awesome segment, and they vanished for a bit then came back on Tuesday with Alpha. There's gold there if they feature those teams more, but Hardy's would guarantee that everyone is watching tag wrestling in WWE, like the Revival do in NXT.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
I genuinely have no idea what that is haha. I have only seen bits and pieces of Broken Matt

It's a fair point. But I'm looking at it from the angle of how WWE audiences usually respond, if they return it would be the Hardy's people expect. Not two singles guys. But you never know.

and I just feel a WWE audience would need them to feud to accept them both in singles.

Personally I just want to see a few big tag matches with the few great up and coming teams, as there is no real long standing team that's booked as a great team to really launch the division from booking obscurity. Despite the talent available, the same old thing has happened where teams barely feature every week (SD) or get squashed by one guy (Raw)

it was about a month since the Uso's awesome segment, and they vanished for a bit then came back on Tuesday with Alpha. There's gold there if they feature those teams more, but Hardy's would guarantee that everyone is watching tag wrestling in WWE, like the Revival do in NXT.

Delapidated boat = Final Deletion. More info: http://wweandtna.niceboard.org/t19761-final-deletion

I think the tag division in WWE is screwed as it is. It needs to be merged into one division and kept on one show. A division with Usos, Alpha, Club, New Day, Sheamus & Cesaro, Enzo & Cass plus a couple of others works. Splitting them in half just shows the lack of depth on one roster - take Usos and Alpha off SD, and it's terrible. Sticking the Hardys into the mix on either show would make it interesting for about a month, but it'd just be the same old schtick that we've seen in WWE for the past 20 years or so.

Plus there's the wankers who still chant 'CM Punk!', they'd have a field day chanting for Broken Matt. Maybe they need to embrace the inevitable chants and have Broken Matt.

Or, in a revolutionary idea - how about Matt on both shows? Doing the Hardys stuff on SD to bring that division up as plain old Matt Hardy, along with appearing on Raw as Broken Matt who won't acknowledge the existence of SD? Could be crazy, could just work...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 pm

That would actually be really cool. The one thing I heard is that scheduling is the thing that could hamper any deal. So on that basis NXT might be all WWE could get them to do. But it could all be bullshit to throw people off. I'm in avoid all potential spoilers mode now though so will be keeping away from any news on this front or any others from now on lol
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:53 pm

I'd actually prefer them to go to NxT for a year or two as the tag division as tag div in NxT died in draft along with other singles and womens died in the draft and them to hold the NxT tag titles before coming back to raw or smackdown build NxT to what it was before the Draft killed it think that would be better but from what ive read online WWE officials are more high on Matt than Jeff and really just want Matt but Matt is pushing for Jeff to come along
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 8:44 pm

The revival are the best tag team going, DIY are doing really well and AoP are keeping up. NXT just doesn't have much on its weekly shows as it's mostly Sanity and the australian divas filling the episodes. Everyone has been pretty much been wrapped in cotton wool keeping feuds going without much action.

I could see Matt doing well in NXT doing the thing Grec mentioned as well. Not acknowledging he works for WWE or HHH, but only Will I am Regal the only honourable GM in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 10:24 pm

I reckon the Hardys will be on Raw on Monday night. There's usually something huge that happens, my money is on them.

Asuka goes onto Smackdown on Tuesday (Alexa retains at Mania, says there's no-one to beat her, out comes Asuka).
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 2:03 am

WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts Img_7511
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 11:58 am

Thats them dropped the RoH tag titles last night, i really want them to show up for tag ladder match at mania tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts   WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Offers Matt And Jeff Hardy Contracts
Page 1 of 1