Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Hall of Fame 2017

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Kurt Angle has just been announced for the Class of 2017.

One more match... please...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Who would you like to see him work with?

I didn't follow his farewell tour, but how was he in regards to shape and health? He was a bit up and down in TNA so at times it was kind of sad what he was doing to himself for wrestling
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:31 am

Too many choices...

The obvious pairing would be with American Alpha, but that would just enhance the Haas / Shelton comparisons far too much for my liking. The other obvious one would be Rusev as he's the main anti-US heel at the moment, but Rusev is nowhere near the level that Angle would be.

I'd love him to face Owens, I think. Simply go for it as Owens playing the CM Punk 'I'm sick of part-timers coming back for the Mania payday and taking money away from my kids!' aspect.

From what I've read, Angle is doing okay at the moment, avoiding the full-time schedule and taking bookings when he wants to. I don't think I'd ever want him back on a full-time schedule as I genuinely think he'd die, but as a one-off saying a proper goodbye, he deserves a Mania moment.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Do we know who inducts Kurt yet?

I'd like to see him wrestle AJ in the true mainstream. That would be just be an exceptional match. But then to wrestle someone who would benefit more like KO.

Angle vs Cena would have the where it all began feel. But that would be more for a Cena farewell.

Angle vs Joe would be cool, if Angle returned and Joe came out for his debut and headbutted him. Cena, Joe and Angle are 3 guys that can really sell animosity and a big fight feel. They can fight at a PPV, but in the weeks building up would only have to have a staredown to sell the match. Something
'd like to see used as a lesson for other talents. Most WWE contract signings are pretty weak compared to their boxing and MMA counterparts, partly because WWE has a few too many characters who avoid conflict, but partly because people don't know how to sell tense heated rivalry when not actually fighting
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 10:07 pm

No-one is down to officially induct Kurt yet, but I'm hoping Austin does it. Those two were comedy gold!
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Teddy Long also going in.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm

I'm glad Teddy's going in. He deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 11:50 pm

My yearly Andy Kaufman post.

Can it happen while King is still alive to explain who really introduced the mainstream to wrestling during the days of territories. And induct one of the top 5 heels in wrestling who wasn't even a wrestler.

The man who was one half of the first ever mainstream feud in wrestling history. Responsible for National and international interest in a single wrestling territory. A couple of years before Vince made his big moves to expand his business nationally.

Probably still not happening
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 6:44 am

He deserves it too. However, if wwe are going with a celeb, Floyd Mayweather or David Arquette are in before him.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:11 pm

DDP the latest inductee.

how many more still to come? Celeb? Female? Maybe an ECW inductee?

What does anyone think? I'd like to see Taz inducted. But he probably won't be the first ECW inductee when that comes, so unlikely this year.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Woman: one of Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool or Vicki Guerrero would be good.

Celeb: Floyd Mayweather or David Arquette. Someone with a genuine connection to WWE.

Others: Ken Shamrock deserves a spot, Vader before he dies should be on there, British Bulldog (solo or next year with Dynamite Kid). If ECW are good, then Tommy Dreamer might be worth a punt.

And Tatanka, he has to go in.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Now you've mentioned the Brits I'm thinking it is probably the best time to induct a Brit. And that if they do they might go the Regal route before anyone else so they can show him off, and it will add distinction to anything he does from then on, as I think he has earned himself a lifetime role in WWE.

I've done some googling now and apparently Rick Rude and William Regal were supposed to be nailed on for this year (article from January) as well as DDP. Obviously DDP was announced last week, so it could well be Regal next.

Last edited by Sexton Hardcastle on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm also a bit surprised JBL hasn't gone in yet. I don't think he's a big enough name to be a headliner, but as a secondary act the way Foley was to Sammartino, he's got to go in at some point.

Regal's a great shout, unless they go down the vintage route and go with Johnny Saint or Mark Rollerball Rocco first. Finlay probably deserves it too.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:06 pm

There's a lot of British and Irish wrestlers that should probably already be in the WWE HoF. Maybe if Regal goes in this year they will do one a year from now on.

I have a feeling that British and Irish wrestlers will own the next era anyway and be regarded as equal to the Americans and Canadians on TV. Being British or Irish won't be a gimmick for much longer.

If Balor is going to be booked as a legit champion on WWE tv, then the biggest guy in size they would actually need to put out a top wrestling product is Rollins. Dunne and Bate could even be in a top division in the future and it not look too weird.

A show based around Styles, Rollins, Balor, Ambrose etc gives a lot of other guys coming in a chance to get to the top. Neville actually had a world title match vs Rollins, and it was cracking. This was before he had an ounce of character on TV too. It's already begun on WWE tv and there are seeds planted for a new look WWE under HHH. Having big guys and monsters as there own attraction, but not in a way that shows them as more worthy of the main event slot. Keeping them more seperate allows co main events and rotation of main events with both groups thriving in there own divisions.

If it were my future plan the males, females, big'uns and tag teams would all be worthy of main events. I won't ramble more about how good tag wrestling actually should be main event worthy with a little change in presentation anyway (people aren't just in tag teams because they suck on their own, two legit wrestlers chose to team up because the prize is worth fighting for (so not the wwe titles right now) and maybe they... Grew up together/get along/train together/recognise the others ability and think it will work or are brothers to keep some tradition. The tag division could also be the main source of mixing the big guys and the smaller ones in the 3 combos, Big/Big, Small/Small and one of each vs any combo.

Okay, I rambled on.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Beth Phoenix is the latest inductee. A good pick.

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Yup, agreed. Of the crap divas we had 2005-2014, she's one of the few good ones.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 12:14 am

Is 'first hall of fame couple' a thing that matters lol. I read that Beth and Edge will be the first and I'm sure wwe will acknowledge it in some way, as "firsts" draw more attention. But it can't devolve into that completely if they do mention it, because she earned her HoF place.

That would be a funny/annoying little gimmick if either toured in an on screen role though. Another reason Edge has to be a GM one day. *Annoying couples ring clink* as a wrestler awkwardly waits to speak to the GM about a serious matter
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Quote :
Angle vs Joe would be cool, if Angle returned and Joe came out for his debut and headbutted him

It couldn't go down like this now, but Joe's promo on Raw sounds like he's set for a match vs a legend. "don't care who you are or what you've achieved..." and a message that he will go through anyone. Kurt would be my pick once Joe has dispatched Sami Zayn.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Rick Rude has been announced as next inductee and Ricky The Dragon Steamboat is inducting him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Does that just leave us with the celeb inductee then? We've got the headliner, tag team, woman, DDP and Rude as the secondary / midcarder inductee, just missing the celeb?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Well the rumours of DDP, Rick Rude being nailed on and Regal being likely is two thirds right. So maybe Regal and a celeb still, just so they can parade Regal at takeover in the home state of NXT this year as a bit of a bonus for him.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 8:42 am

John Cena has been announced to be inducting Kurt Angle id prefer Austin also Warrior award was announced as the final HOF inductee this year so no regal this year
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Hall of fame done. (although I'm only on Eric Legrand atm. Watched some live to get into the Mania spirit. It does Annoy me how people boo at the HoF. Just have a day off haha.

anyone watched HoF? Your Highlights?

I always hope the current crop really concentrate at the HoF, because it is up to them to make moments and to push the company to the next level. Make the bookers take notice, make a name for yourself and become a part of history regardless of where you are right now.

DDP is an especially good one to learn from.

And Jim Cornette didn't lose his mind. Maybe he should have said something about the way the tag teams are currently being used haha. Maybe he should manage The Revival tonight
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 5:18 pm

Beth Pheonix would get shagged untill the neighbours complained about the smell.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 8:38 am

I've just watched Kurt's induction. I've always thought he was the greatest all-rounder of all time, and still think it now. Sexy Kurt is just awesome. Great speech too, and WWE have to use him in some capacity. New Raw GM would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hall of Fame 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame 2017   Hall of Fame 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame 2017
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next