Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada Empty
PostSubject: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 7:08 am

so finally got round to watching Wrestle Kingdom 11 and the Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada was one of the best matches in a long time think last one was sami zayn vs nakamura. Seriously think this match had everything in it only thing it goes on for a bout an hour but what a match it is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 am

When I saw the full ppv was 6 hours I said Hell No. but I did watch the main event last night. The length is because they did 20 mins of very slow build where nothing much happened, and even a few slight communication errors or mistakes

Considering I was very tired I'm surprised it kept me engrossed for that period, but I'm glad it did. And I found myself in the end willing Omega to hit the one winged angel, so it successfully drew me in. But on top of that it was athletic as hell, stupidly hard hitting, excellent selling, really good back and forth that wasn't rushed (one wrestler would be in total control for seemingly 10-15 mins at a time maybe even longer at one stage. Some ridiculous spots, in a clearly unsafe arena haha. And I don't know why Okada gets off on landing on his head and neck (same as Ibushi and his 20 neck bumps in the CWC) but he must do and part of me thinks I don't want to watch a man get paralysed, and part of me thinks it adds a nerve wrenching edge to the drama lol. The genuine drama and false finishes themselves hit crescendos and they drew it out so it kept at that high level for a lot longer than most matches even last.

I think it might be better to watch the Japanese commentary version because the English commentary I felt was a bit distracting. Didn't really need to listen to them to gain anything. Apparently they are releasing a version of it with JR calling the match over the footage though, that could be the best way to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 pm

The setting of the match defining the future of New Japan as a global company and who will be the company leader going forward in the global market is probably the main takeaway from the English commentary though. And I'd guess that the build up had also focussed on this. Something that makes the match even more enjoyable in retrospect. In fact for anyone that doesn't follow NJPW, like me, it may be even better watching it a second time,, having fully absorbed various bits of information now.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 2:25 pm

I've read about this match. Didn't realise it lasted an hour. I read that there wasn't a great build up to this match story wise, it was more about the match itself.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Meltzer gave it 6 stars, he gave Taker/HBK 4.75 stars.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 pm

I rarely watch a match again, but I know I'm going to watch this one again. Even the highlights seem like a 3 month feud worth of highlights lol

if you dont want to know any sequences or spots dont read this next bit until you've watched it..

Omega doing the triangle moonsault was absolutely beautiful.

And the sequence where Omega reverses Okada's finishing move into his own variation on that move using Okada's grip as leverage as he tried to break free from it, but Okada held on, took Omega's best shots right in the face and then fired back with his intended finishing strike.

That's just my two personal favourite moments out of many.

The table stomp too haha looked like Okada had popped like some Anime mutilation explosion

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Anyone got a link to it?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 12:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=TMvKJnqe2_M

I honestly don't know if you will rate the match. Definitely Interested in your analysis. Hope the link works, but there's probably a few on Youtube

I'm still doubting the legitimacy of BEST MATCH EVER over hype. It's got me questioning what the core of wrestling is these days. Undoubtedly two fantastic performances. My current feeling is that it has to be pigeon holed into a genre, because it's of a certain style, and it may be the best of this type of match. But damn it's made me think about wrestling a tonne. Maybe it just doesn't matter haha. Wrestling isn't just wrestling now, it's sports entertainment, and it's a pretty fucking entertaining spectacle.

Japanese Version
https://www.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB#/watch?v=dRcQ1-XpgLY.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 9:06 am

Sexton I think you hit the nail on the head with your views on it, I no it goes on for like 6 hours but I watched all the PPV as I was off work ill and couldn't move from bed so stuck it on was a very good PPV. I wouldn't say Best Match Ever id definitely say one of the best matches ive ever seen.

I agree with the three spots you said sexton I thought they were brilliant. I think if they did put on performances and matches like this and was able to get an international I think WWE would actually finally have some competition. Ive only just started watching NJPW recently but I do think its second best and at times the best wrestling show at times.

You do get a lot better and quality matches than you do in likes of WWE. Where for the past 3/4 weeks all weve seen is Jericho Vs Reigns And Owens Vs Rollins or aload of jobbing matches.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 10:27 am

I'd probably watch some NJPW if they got a deal with Netflix or something. On the surface a deal would seem beneficial to both parties

---

The Japanese commentary version is alot better imo, having watched both now. You don't have to understand it, but it felt more like a huge event and the tension and excitement was higher. Good stuff
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 am

Looks like NJPW is getting bigger they've just set up another 12 shows live with English commentary
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 10:32 am

They tour the US in may or June time too. I think this is why people were shocked about Omega losing and on top of that saying he's leaving. (one reason it seems a bit like a work, too.)

If CM Punk doesn't go back to WWE, NJPW should be offering him anything they can to be the next Bullet Club leader though. Now that would break the internet

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada   Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenny Omega Vs Kazuchika Okada
Page 1 of 1