Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Niceboard Slammy Awards

Go down 
+2
Sexton Hardcastle
Mackem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Niceboard Slammy Awards Empty
PostSubject: Niceboard Slammy Awards   Niceboard Slammy Awards EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 7:30 am

Wrestler of the year:

Woman wrestler of the year:

Tag Team of the Year:

Match of the Year:

Mark out moment of the year:

Most improved wrestler of the year:

Most disappointing wrestler of the year:

PPV of the year:

Feud of the year:

Most pointless thing that happened in 2016:

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Niceboard Slammy Awards   Niceboard Slammy Awards EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Wrestler of the year:
1.The Phenomenal AJ Styles
2. Dean Ambrose
3. Shinsuke Nakamura

Charlotte (including botches, because how can you argue that anyone had a better year)

Tag Team of the Year:
The Revival (Dawson and Wilder)

Match of the Year: AJ vs Dean Ambrose TLC.
The Revival vs DIY Toronto
Nakamura vs others in a series of PPV matches. Was Shin vs Zayn this year too?
AJ and Ambrose have been in most of the best matches, either against each other or vs others.
Ambrose: The MitB match
Roadblock vs HHH was fantastic (pre Mania I think? Was there really two Roadblocks this year lol?)
Every match vs Styles
Styles: Every single match, even vs Ellsworth. Good series with Cena good series with Ambrose and vs Reigns etc

Mark out moment of the year: I'll have a think about that one

Most improved wrestler of the year: I'll have to think about this one too.

Most disappointing wrestler of the year: Titus? Zero improvement in any area, despite an outpouring of public support still couldn't hang in the business.

PPV of the year: CWC, any Takeover, Second half of MITB (Cena v Styles, MITB match and Rollins reclaiming his title from Reigns, but Ambrose finally getting revenge on Seth with his own attack from behind to leave as Champ)
Backlash (first PPV after the "Miz Moment" and the Brand Split)

Feud of the year:
1. AJ, Ambrose, Ellsworth.
2. AJ vs Cena (we get this again in 2017 too)
3. Joe vs Nakamura
4. Sasha v Charlotte

KFC Dolph vs Chicken Miz
Miz v Scooby Zoo
Roadblock: End of the Line (let's fill some time)
Finn Balor's headdress
David Otunga and Byron Saxton
Old Day
The Cruiserweights messy transition to television
The Raw Tag Team Championship (ohh nooo)

Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: Niceboard Slammy Awards   Niceboard Slammy Awards EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Is this company specific, hope not

Wrestler of the year: Kenny Omega

Woman wrestler of the year: Bayley

Tag Team of the Year: The Young Bucks

Match of the Year: Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito G1 Climax or Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zyan Takeover Dallas

Most improved wrestler of the year: Braun Strowman

Most disappointing wrestler of the year: Eva Marie

PPV of the year: Takeover Dallas

Feud of the year: DIY vs The Revival 

Most pointless thing that happened in 2016: Percy Wattson on NXT Commentary, 
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Niceboard Slammy Awards   Niceboard Slammy Awards EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 2:22 pm

Wrestler of the year: AJ STYLES

Woman wrestler of the year: CHARLOTTE

Tag Team of the Year: DIY

Match of the Year: DIY Vs. THE REVIVAL - 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

Mark out moment of the year: AJ DEBUT

Most improved wrestler of the year: BARON CORBIN

Most disappointing wrestler of the year: TITUS O'NEILL

PPV of the year: NXT TAKEOVER DALLAS

Feud of the year: CENA/STYLES

Most pointless thing that happened in 2016: SHANE O'MAC Vs. UNDERTAKER for control of Raw

or Titus O'Neill kissing his son on the lips.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Niceboard Slammy Awards   Niceboard Slammy Awards EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Wrestler of the year:

AJ Styles. No-one else even comes close. He's had blinding matches with pretty much everyone he's faced, and managed to get booed even as an internet-favourite. A stunning year of work, and pretty much shoved my prediction that he'd be in midcard hell by now right down my throat.

Charlotte. She's been great and I'm looking forward to her vs Bayley.

Tag Team of the Year:

Tough one. I love American Alpha and the New Day, the Revival are good, but for re-inventing themselves as heels and coming across as nasty as fuck and legit badasses, it's the Usos for me.

Match of the Year:

Styles vs Ambrose was great, Zayn vs Nakamura was stunningly good, Styles vs Cena at Summerslam was great, Ibushi vs Cedric Alexander got me excited for the Cruiserweights briefly... my vote goes to the fatal 4 way between Miz, Cesaro, Owens and Zayn at a PPV shortly after Mania. A great story, a great match in which any of them could have won.

Miz's promo on Talking Smack. For him to tear Bryan apart in such devastating fashion, made himself relevant again overnight, and everything he said was completely true.

Most improved wrestler of the year:

Braun Strowman. Him or The Miz, who's become one of the few out-and-out bastard heels in WWE who's not bothered about people cheering him or buying his merchandise.

Most disappointing wrestler of the year:

Dean Ambrose. Potential to be great, but too many have been a bit crap. World title run was a bit of a dude, match with Lesnar was a complete let-down, he was terrible on the Austin podcast. Took AJ for him to finally have his stand-out match of the year in December.

PPV of the year:

I've no idea. Can't think of any that really stood out.

Feud of the year:

Aj, Ambrose and Ellsworth. Logically booked, great matches, the stand-out by some distance.

Cruiserweights on Raw. A division wasted already. The wrong guy holding the title, Neville joining the division has helped, but it needs the likes of Kalisto or even Enzo on a regular basis to save it.

Writing this has mad me realise how annoyingly good Miz has been this year.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Niceboard Slammy Awards   Niceboard Slammy Awards EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 pm

I feel I hyped Ambrose too much now haha. He was looking stale most of the year, but did feature in some of WWE's best matches. The HHH one sticks in my mind, I felt it was a masterclass in psychology, breaking away from the obviously heavily featured in commentator scripts idea that "he has no idea what he's doing" That could be seen as a "pilot" for a future character expansion as it was never really seen by tv viewers, doubt they even showed pictures or mentioned it on Raw lol. The whole show was like a test for Network Exclusive PPV's not offered to cable providers. It did make Dave Meltzers moty list. Which is probably part of the reason I overhyped his year based on a few highlights. His name popped up a few times on the list so I rewatched some of mitb and everything just seemed like it worked out golden. But I suppose a lot of the year was waiting. Waiting for Seth to return and waiting for the brand split to take the title to SD. And I do remember at the time it felt slow and stale a lot of the time. .
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Niceboard Slammy Awards   Niceboard Slammy Awards EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 9:09 am

Wrestler of the year: AJ Styles. I've never seen anyone had as good as a debut year than him.

Woman wrestler of the year: charlotte. No-one else even close. Her mic skills are great and she's improved over the year in the ring.

Tag Team of the Year: I don't watch nxt anymore so going to say the new day. Only towards the end of the end of the year they got a bit boring to me but other than that I've liked there work.

Match of the Year: I have a really bad memory when it comes to remembering things like this.

Mark out moment of the year: lesnar seemingly going off script at summer slam against Orton

Most improved wrestler of the year: the miz

Most disappointing wrestler of the year: bray wyatt. Should of been a world champion by now, especially with the brand split.

PPV of the year: survivor series

Feud of the year: I enjoyed Jericho styles early part of the year and the cena styles died 2nd half of the year

Most pointless thing that happened in 2016: undertaker appearing on smackdown live 900
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Niceboard Slammy Awards   Niceboard Slammy Awards EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 7:09 pm

Wrestler of the year: Aj Styles

Woman wrestler of the year: Charlotte

Tag Team of the Year: American alpha

Match of the Year: zayn vs nakamara

Mark out moment of the year: AJ royal rumble

Most improved wrestler of the year: the miz

Most disappointing wrestler of the year: Ambrose

PPV of the year: takeover dallas

Feud of the year: banks vs Charlotte

Most pointless thing that happened in 2016: Titus brand
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro