Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Bray Wyatt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:31 am

What do people make of him?

Me personally I'm not to sure he is as great people make him out to be.

He is good in the ring. No doubt about that but the rest is questionable in my opinion. Now whether its his fued with John Cena or not I'm not sure (Cena was terrible during that promo).

To me the Wyatts are a mysterious family, very dark. When they come to the ring it's pitch black apart from the lantern. That's great. I didn't like their wrestlemania entrance. The live band took away all their mysteriousness away. It would of been better if the band was somewhere other than the ramp, keep the aisle dark with the lantern on show.

Now this is the part that gets me. His promo's. he's backstage stuff is brilliant, but his live in ring promo's don't sound the same. I feel like he's nervous, or even mic shy (if you understand that?) as stupid as it may sound he sounds better and more confident without the mic. By that I mean when he puts the mic down and says follow the buzzards. It sounds more like his character.

I think that if they put a few mica around the ring so they are not visible he could cut his promo without actually holding the mic if you know what I mean? That was people will have to really listen to what he's saying. As I say I don't think Cena is the best guy to do promos with so he might improve.

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:20 pm

I think Bray Wyatt is the new Undertaker. The similarities between them are so obvious and I absolutely love the character. Luke Harper does crazy rather too well (not so convinced on Erick Rowan, mind you) but I love what he does.

His feud with Cena hasn;t quite hit the heights just yet - but I would counter that with the question - who ever has a feud with Cena and looks stronger afterwards? off the top of my head, only Edge, Punk and possibly Daniel Bryan have done anything with Cena and looked better for it afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 11:39 am

I thought he sounded a bit like Cena on Raw, though he breaks his voice a bit to seem more menacing. I think he is learning from Cena, and that's good. The only consistant promo guy for years until Punk was let loose. I didn't mind Cena on Raw, although I think he was too good and made Bray look a bit weak at promos, he didn't seem to respond to anything Cena said. But it was no doubt a test by Vince to see how Bray is doing. He's alot further than Bryan. Why did the crowd really react to Bro tide though, I instantly thought has Cena just gone mega innuendo on Bray, the context seemed like it was haha

Is he the next Undertaker? I have a feeling he'll be shaven and short haired like NxT in the future and be the new babyface, if you listen to his promo he really sounds like Cena in his rhythm and delivery.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:24 am

I can't see him coming in as a babyface, but I do think he needs to do something drastically to cement his heel status. A new undertaker is defiantly a possibility but I'd rather him build his own character.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 am

he should definitely cement his heel status for now. But when Cena is gone, it would help business if they know there's someone that could carry the show like Cena did. At one stage Cena would open the show, have a match in the middle and another promo and then be out to wrap up the show. If WWE knows they have someone with similar capabilities to further the shows stories, they'll be pretty happy. Bray seems the most likely for me, Sheamus lacks confidence, but was being tested as that guy at one stage. He could get there. I think the Miz has lost too much momentum to be that guy, but he was clearly the WWE's first idea for that role. So despite Bray being a heel with a heel look, they are still testing him for future roles imo. And he's doing very well, considering how hard it is to get air time.

Direct comparison to Cena's debut years? Heel vs a top guy. Makes an impact, gets mic time.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 10:53 am

I just can't see how they could make him face though. His look screams heel unless they give him an Hawaiian shirt and some happy song entrance. I don't know how he could go about turning face either - unless there is a double turn.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:43 pm

have you ever seen a face turn :p Month or so off screen. Tidy beard, clean cut hair returns to save whoever the big face is at the moment vs a good enough heel. I'm not saying while he's feuding with Cena, but when Cena has retired there will be a gap for someone to fill. Cena was a heel when he started, that's why it's a possible comparison and he speaks like Cena. And being the son of a wrestler means he doesn't suck the big one like Miz. Can't imagine him in a WWE studio movie yet though like Miz, Cena,Barrett.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:49 pm

he's losing weight all the time too, just a bit more BOlief and he'll be even more trim.

Just tried to find an old tag team picture. They remind me of Tenacious D http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/373/427/rotunfs_display_image.jpg?1283386510

I now want to see a face Wyatt and Jack Black hosting Raw one day.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Tenacious D haha.

I'm not saying he won't turn heel, I said I just couldn't see how they'd do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bray Wyatt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bray Wyatt   Bray Wyatt Empty

Back to top Go down

Bray Wyatt
Page 1 of 1