Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?

Go down 
+3
feяgie22
hodge13
Grecian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? Empty
PostSubject: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:39 pm

If it were up to you, would you unify the WWE and World Heavyweight titles?

Up to me, I wouldn't. I'd rather WWE restarted the brand split, built guys like Cesaro, Clay, Langston and others into genuine upper-mid-carders / main eventers, and had two strong brands again.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Agree I would rather a brand split again
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:00 pm

With brand specific PPV's.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:12 pm

I agree with you Grec, it was much better when it was two separate identifiable brands. With different storylines and feuds to look forward to each week on the different shows. It also gave a chance for guys to move up on the card and get a shot at the world title.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:04 am

The brand split won't happen anytime soon so yes I would unify the titles.

I would use the royal rumble to do it. But both champions in the rumble match with 28 ( or 38 ) other guys. Winner takes all.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Mackem wrote:
The brand split won't happen anytime soon so yes I would unify the titles.

I'd prefer a brand split with two seperate champions. From 2002 to around 2004 it seemed to work really well and it definitely gave people more opportunities to progress.

But I also agree with Mackem that it won't happen anytime soon, if ever. So there seems to be little point in having two top titles. It would make more sense to unify them.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 1:18 pm

The brand split was dog shite. Not that many people even watch Smackdown so half your stars were wasted and brand specific PPV's just don't sell as well.

Unified titles, or one main title like it should be is perfect. Having two world champions makes no sense as there should always be an identifiable "number one" in the company. The WHC has lost so much credibility recently it's just a glorified intercontinental title.

Best case scenario would be a unification battle at WM, with Cena winning (definitely) and turning heel at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Aye, but when the brand split started and WWE gave a shit about Smackdown, it was great. Smackdown in 2003 was brilliant, with enough made talent to fill two rosters. WWE could get back to that stage in about three months if they really tried.

Give each brand it's own identity, it'd work a treat (I think!).
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Makes no sense from a "kayfabe" ad business kinda viewpoint though. It means one brand always has to be better than another and if they aren't battling then what is the point?

They need to focus on rebuilding Smackdown as a credible brand. I've been back into wrestling the last few months but I only ever watch Raw and I miss fuck all. Nowt ever happens there.

The brand split idea is pretty good but it needs to be executed almost perfectly for it to really work. Otherwise half the talent you have are gonna be separated and wasted.

A company like WWE needs one clear champion. The belts these days are worth feck all as it is so strengthening the one major belt and making Smackdown worth watching is definitely the way forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?   Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unifying the WWE and WHC - would you?
Page 1 of 1