Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Possible Wrestlemania plans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Possible Wrestlemania plans Empty
PostSubject: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:46 am

From Lords of Pain:

With WrestleMania XXX taking place in less than seven months, WWE officials have had discussions contemplating the possibilities of matches involving Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and Ryback. However, many of their ideas hinge on whether Johnson decides to commit to the pay-per-view event—management are currently under the belief that he won't.

Should Johnson decide to appear at WrestleMania for the fourth consecutive year, WWE officials are interested in renewing his 2002 rivalry with Lesnar, with The Undertaker placing his famed undefeated streak on the line against Ryback. However, should Johnson opt not to compete, the company's secondary idea for Lesnar is to have him face The Undertaker.

WWE's tentative storyline plan for The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX—should he decide to wrestle—would be for Paul Heyman to direct a large-framed wrestler to end the streak after CM Punk failed him the year before. The possibility of Ryback receiving this grand opportunity is also subject to his partnership with Heyman becoming an overwhelming success. Some people in management have even suggested that should they ever decide to kill The Deadman's famed streak, Ryback could conceivably be the chosen one.

Ryback should not face Taker at Mania, ever. Two reasons; firstly, he's just not good enough to follow the matches with HBK, Trips, Punk, Edge and even Batista - he'd never get anywhere near the level we expect of Taker.

Secondly, thanks to the Goldberg chants, he'll never get over properly with the fans.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:19 am

Really think if anyone it should be Cena who faces Taker.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:20 am

Well or if they want it to be a heel, then Randy Orton given that it will be 9 years since he faced Taker at WM21 a very different guy now.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:21 am

Cena v Undertaker is a must at Wrestlmania. No storyline or build up needed. Both guys out of action currently. Cena returns around the rumble and says he wants the streak. Easy as peas.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:28 am

Cena vs Taker is one I want to see.

Imagine if Cena ended the Streak? Possibly the first ever wrestling riot, after all that 'Cena Wins, We Riot' signs!
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:37 pm

I think the Undertaker should refuse to wrestle Ryback, it should be Cena, its really the only real money match WWE have left. Or Brock Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:16 am

You don't think Taker Vs Orton could be a money match?

Could see it linking a bit with the McMahon's stuff, eventually when Vinnie gets the boot (or attempted boot) by Trips Vince will have to choose a wrestler on his behalf. Now I can only see Vince choosing 1 of 3 people tbh, 1 - Cena, obvious really been WWE's main guy for years, 2 - CM Punk despite any differences Punk has come through for him (kayfabe wise) and was able to carry the company. Or 3 Undertaker, would have a spin on Triple H trying to get rid of things that represent Vince's time at the helm, one of those things would be the deadman, Triple H has his 'face of the WWE' attempt to end the streak and rid the WWE of The Undertaker once and for all......

However admittedly I can't see them going with it. Kind of see:

Lesnar Vs Undertaker
Orton w/Triple H Vs Cena w/Vince
CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan (WWE title)

That would be a pretty awesome 3 main matches for WM in my opinion....

Although side note, I can see Sheamus joining Triple H's side when returning and being a heel so maybe

Lesnar Vs Undertaker
Orton Vs Cena
Sheamus Vs CM Punk

each of the guys on the left represents Triple H (Heyman siding with him so Lesnar on his side.... it would be best for busniess) and on the right Vince.

2 out of 3 wins for control of WWE, would add a bit of a spectacle to WM30 or could do that for every match on the card even? Say 9 matches 5 wins for control of the company, split WWE right down the middle so to say, as we're already starting to see a division between them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:22 pm

I can see Bryan vs the McMahon's being stretched out for longer, and Bryan either winning the Rumble or going into Mania as the defending champion. I can also see Triple H declaring that as Orton hasn't got the job done, he'll get rid of Bryan himself...

Trips vs Bryan (WWE Championship)
Cena vs Undertaker
Lesnar vs CM Punk 2 (purely because Punk had him beat at Summerslam, so they could get away with a rematch)
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Think Bosch said on here as Punk's in the last year of his contract he'll be given the rumble win and go onto the main event of WM as its the thing he hasn't done yet in WWE, thing is unless he gets involved in the McMahon storyline I can't see him being in the main event. That storyline will be huge come Wrestelmania.

Just saying but can anyone see Punk making a fairly sharpish heel turn just after the rumble? Punk has won the rumble and says he will hold off on choosing who to face.

Mean time its announced that the McMahon fued will be settled at Wrestlemania about whether Vince or Triple H will run the company. Bryan is the WWE champ and in the main event of a Raw, Punk comes out attacks him declares he's going for the WWE title, next week people ask him why, he goes on about with the whole McMahon split this really does come down to what's 'best for business' remember back to his last contract negotiations and how he said he couldn't wait till Vince wasn't in charge, well now is his time to help to see that done. Yes he called Triple H a doofus son in law, however you could just have Punk say since that point Triple H has become a better business man and understands what needs to be done etc.

Flip side if he stays face could easily just have Punk Vs Orton with Vince behind Punk for the main event saying they haven't always gotten along etc but he is the best in the company etc. Punk's breakthrough to truely main event standard was just after his fued with Orton last time.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:55 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Lesnar vs Undertaker as I think they could put on a very good match. It wouldn't be the easiest one to promote given that they're both hardly there. I guess they have Heyman for that though and they could maybe chuck Ryback and perhaps Kane in there as well to help build it up too.

As for Ryback, the only way he could look like a threat to the Undertaker if he went on an unbeaten streak from now till WrestleMania and looked strong whilst doing it. And even then I don't think it'd be enough to convince me.

As for the 'people in management' who suggested that Ryback should beat the Undertaker: I can only assume they were making a joke.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:41 pm

hodge13 wrote:
Think Bosch said on here as Punk's in the last year of his contract he'll be given the rumble win and go onto the main event of WM as its the thing he hasn't done yet in WWE,
But every year there are loads of rumours about so-and-so has been promised the Rumble. Punk stands as good a chance as any, but you don't need the Rumble win to main-event. Before Cena at Mania 29, who was the last Rumble winner to be in the actual main event at Mania (as in, going on in the final match of the card)?

By my reckoning, Randy Orton at Mania 25? Before him, you have to go back to Batista at 21...
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Main events mean nothing now.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Grecian wrote:
hodge13 wrote:
Think Bosch said on here as Punk's in the last year of his contract he'll be given the rumble win and go onto the main event of WM as its the thing he hasn't done yet in WWE,
But every year there are loads of rumours about so-and-so has been promised the Rumble. Punk stands as good a chance as any, but you don't need the Rumble win to main-event. Before Cena at Mania 29, who was the last Rumble winner to be in the actual main event at Mania (as in, going on in the final match of the card)?

By my reckoning, Randy Orton at Mania 25? Before him, you have to go back to Batista at 21...
Point is though if they want to get Punk signing a new contract they'll have to keep him happy, easiest way to do so would be Rumble win followed by WM main event.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:42 am

If we're purely looking at keeping Punk sweet, then getting the WWE title back on him is the key, not the Rumble win.

I'd go with something like this:

Royal Rumble: Punk wins WWE title, by beating Randy Orton. Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble.

Elimination Chamber: Punk beats Ryback, RVD, Del Rio, the returning Sheamus and Orton.

The RAW after Elimination Chamber, Bryan interrupts a Punk promo and says that he's sick and tired of Punk saying he's the best in the world, when it's clearly Bryan. Punk replies with that he's the underdog who crawled his way up from the indies and so on, Bryan has been riding on the back of Punk's success. If punk hadn't smashed the glass ceiling, Bryan would be a smiling nobody losing to Sin Cara. Daniel Bryan has stolen his story and wants to steal his spot as WWE Champion, and Punk's not going to let that happen.

The build then goes into their matches in ROH, their friendship pre-WWE, the similarities in their career and how this match will define the dawning of a new era.

Wrestlemania: Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk

BOOM!
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 am

Is the main event at Wrestlmania going to be a title match or going to be the end of the Vince - HHH control of the company? I don't think it can be both. Punk v Bryan will be a great match to close the show but I can't see it happening. I can see them facing for the title but it won't be part of the control storyline. I think Vince will return before then and tell Bryan that now he has the title he can concentrate on defending it. Vince is bringing his own guy back to fight for the company he grew. That guy is Cena.

I've always said that the main event at any PPV should be for the biggest prize - the WWE title. On this instance I think control of the company is bigger. This is now a power struggle to be a GM or to be CEO or what ever. This is control of the company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Wrestlemania plans   Possible Wrestlemania plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Wrestlemania plans
Page 1 of 1