Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

How I'd improve WWE.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

How I'd improve WWE. Empty
PostSubject: How I'd improve WWE.   How I'd improve WWE. EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:16 pm

This isn't an ego-trip. At the moment, WWE is in a bit of a state, both creatively and with the outlook of the company. The thing is, the problems are kinda obvious. WWE doesn't need a huge overhaul. The talent is there, the problems lie with the presentation and booking of said talent.

Lets start with:

The brand split.

We all know that Raw is the main show. However, since Raw went to three hours, Smackdown has become utterly redundant. Nothing ever happens on there. The actual wrestling content on it is pretty darned good, but there are no title changes, no huge developments, nothing. Just the usual tag team main event thrown together by Teddy Long, a few mid-card matches, and that's about it. The Smackdown just before Extreme Rules opened with a promo between 6 guys: Orton, Sheamus, Mark Henry, del Rio, Big Show and jack Swagger. That's a pretty decent looking main event group, even without adding in Dolph Ziggler, or the likes of Kofi, Daniel Bryan, Kane, the Shield, Rey (if he ever gets fit again)...

I'd bring back the brand split. As Raw is three hours, and I can't see that changing any time soon, I'd give Raw a bigger roster to make up for it. Have a roster of around 25 guys for Smackdown, and 35-40 on Raw. Included in this...:

The titles.

I'd unify the world championships, to have one WWE Champion with this title defended on both shows. Have Number 1 contenders matches that take into account recent results. Ryback has lost on every PPV this year, including Mania. Yet this apparently makes him Cena's No 1 contender. Surely the guy who beat him should have that honour?
To make up for the lack of a World Champion on one brand, I'd bring in two new championships. I'd rename the IC and US titles as the Raw Championship and the Smackdown championship, with guys who are near the top levels on each show. The tag belts would be exclusive to Raw, I'd bring back the Cruiserweight title on Smackdown, and stop any of the guys just being used as jobbers. What about the Diva's, I hear you ask? Simple. I'd fire most of them, with the exception of any of them who have uses as valets or managers.

Promos and Commentary

I've chucked these in together, as this is part of a huge problem in WWE. Promo's rarely do what they're supposed to. Promo's now simply exist to tell the world what the problems are with your opponent. Case in point: Curtis Axel / Paul Heyman / Triple H on Raw this week...:

Triple H: makes generic threat to Heyman.
Axel: hey, you want to talk to him, you talk to me first!
Triple H: Shush now, the grown-ups are talking...

Bearing in mind, this is supposed to be Axel's big reinvention, his big moment... and Triple H shoots him down by not acknowledging him as a threat at all. I know Triple H has previous for this, but this was the most recent example. most of Rock's recent promo's did not accept Punk or Cena as a threat (instead, banging on about buying a car from a crackhead, a presidential election campaign that'll never happen), instead of actually promoting what he's there to do.

The commentary is just as bad, especially on Raw. Most of what's happening is now not interesting to Lawler at all, he'd rather make awful jokes, with forced laughter from Cole that ignores whatever is happening in the ring. I'd fire Lawler. Simple as that. I'm a fan of the three man booth, but it needs someone who appreciates wrestling to be an effective babyface commentator. For the next few months, I'd get JR back as a very short term measure, and try-out wrestlers noted for promo skills to try out for the role. Edge, Christian, any one like that to try out. Work out who the best is, and hire them.

The Miz

I'd fire him. On the spot.

Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: How I'd improve WWE.   How I'd improve WWE. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:09 pm

I've been banging that drum about the brand split for ages now. Smackdown has some good matches on it. A few years ago it was the best TV show because of the wrestling. So i'm 100% behind the Brand split.

I also like your idea about the titles (even though you shot down my weight division idea Wink ). The only issue i have with that is there is only 1 title to go for really. If you're not going after the Raw / Smackdown title, what are you going for?

The commentry is bad...but what makes it worse in my opinion is the constant references to Twitter and WWE App. I konw they want to promote but it is over the top. Tone it down. I'd also have seperate commentary teams on each show. I'm not fussed weather it will be 2 or 3 man team either. Probably 3 on Raw and 2 on Smackdown. I'd Bring back Matt Striker for Smackdown. I enjoyed his background on the guys in the match.

Regarding Promo's. I'd have more pipebomb promo's - not to the extent of Punks promo but Make the guy have to do it without script. Give him a topic, ie a future title match, and let him go.

Another thing I'd do is have longer fueds and stop changing guys from heel to face and vise versa every two minutes.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: How I'd improve WWE.   How I'd improve WWE. EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 pm

They should recognise on Raw that Big E is the NxT champion - because I bet you anything that they'll tell everyone he's a former NxT champion when he looses it!
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: How I'd improve WWE.   How I'd improve WWE. EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:36 pm

They've never admitted Rollins held it...

Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: How I'd improve WWE.   How I'd improve WWE. EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm sure I've heard them mention it - unless it was he made an appearance on nxt. Anyhow I'd still mention it on raw and smack down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I'd improve WWE.   How I'd improve WWE. Empty

Back to top Go down

How I'd improve WWE.
Page 1 of 1