Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Raw 18/7/11

Go down 
+7
boschbourne06
Saint Jimmy
Rocky2
Grecian
therustman
feяgie22
dwindow
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

So Super Cena escapes yet another firing, really annoyed me as I though give him a few months off to recover from his reported injuries and build others up, Kingston was getting cheered and I think he would have really benefited from the push he'd get. The tournament was decent and I felt they really did a good job to make Miz look strong beating two opponents clean with an injured leg. Surely, they won't put the title on Mysterio though after the reaction he got reaching for the title on Sunday so unless Cena gets put into this title match my money is on Miz.

Also, the final segment with HHH and Vince, it looked like Vince was crying real tears and I can't work out whether it's legit or not. I think it could be just an on screen thing as HHH taking over Vince's role with Vince still very much in control backstage but it's hard to know as nothing has been released saying one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:27 pm

According to Waltman (i know)it's legit, Vince is taking a backseat, and letting HHH step up.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Don't think the title match will happen.

Reckon its all a set up by HHH to get rid of Vince and seize power.

Turn out he (or Steph) is the GM, that they were behind Nexus - when it didn't work originally they got Punk and set up the whole I'm leaving with the title to get rid of Vince.

Punk will be back soon by HHH's side and had already signed a deal with him.

Or

If title match happens have some hooded figures stop the match supporting Punk saying there already is a World Champion.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Vince was definitely crying, and played his part brilliantly. I can't decide if it's legit or not either - if it's just story, that was some fantastic acting by Vince!

I'm getting the feeling they're rebooting the entire company - with ADR and Bryan holding the cases, Christian as a world champ, the attention Sheamus, Riley, R-truth, Morrison, Sin Cara and Cody Rhodes have been getting, Miz looking likely to get a second reign, and Cena and Orton both needing new opposition urgently, WWE is suddenly starting to let a few of them off the leash.

The similarities between now and the mid-to-late 90's are shocking:

Mid 90's: lots of top-liners quitting to go to WCW, not many stick around.
Now: lots of top-liners retiring or leaving to have a break.

Mid 90's: everyone was crying out for a new huge star to come in and revolutionise the business. We got Steve Austin.
Now: we're all crying out for someone other than Cena to revolutionise WWE's thinking. We got CM Punk.

Mid 90's: WWE were looking to move away from the cartoonish gimmicks.
Now: WWE seem to be pushing the PG rating as far as they can.

The mid-90's revolution gave us the Attitude era... who knows what's coming next?
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Just hope when Punk does return they dump that title for a new one, as Punk did say when he wins he'll be getting rid of that one.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:37 pm

I also noticed Hogan has been mentioned alot, the past few weeks, and Cena nearly, mentioned TNA in a way.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Think the TNA reference was just to scare Vince so he didnt get fired
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:47 pm

I agree about Cena escaping yet again. I'm starting to think only hostile crowds are his Kryptonite.

I don't mind Triple H becoming the boss, but I'm not a big fan of him possibly being behind Nexus and all that. Of course, WWE could surprise me and book that really well but I'd rather they, well, forgot about that now. And I'd really not turn Punk into the corporate champ, at least not this soon. We've got to have someone keep on telling Cena how it is, a Internet video from Rock isn't quite good enough.

I assumed Triple H taking over was just on screen and that Vince would remain in charge backstage until he was on his deathbed.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:59 pm

I cant see this whole Triple H taking over business being legitimate. I think he'll just play Vince's role on screen but backstage Vince just carrying on the same as before but with HHH continuing to learn from him so he can take over eventually. I dont know, maybe Im wrong but I just cant see it.

As for RAW, I was left dissapointed. The whole idea of the tournament sounded great but there was nobody in it except for Ziggler who I wanted to win except for maybe Del Rio but neither had any realistic chance of winning and so it just felt flat for me plus the actual matches just felt like bog-standard tv matches for me.

Plus HHH's acting was so cringeworthy when he called him "pop".

I wasnt expecting Punk to be on it nor did I want him to be on it but without him RAW has got a huge hole to fill. And the fact that Cenas not fired yet again leaves us thinking that stipulations in WWE really are meaningless. No wonder people just dont buy into it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Saint Jimmy wrote:
I cant see this whole Triple H taking over business being legitimate. I think he'll just play Vince's role on screen but backstage Vince just carrying on the same as before but with HHH continuing to learn from him so he can take over eventually. I dont know, maybe Im wrong but I just cant see it.

As for RAW, I was left dissapointed. The whole idea of the tournament sounded great but there was nobody in it except for Ziggler who I wanted to win except for maybe Del Rio but neither had any realistic chance of winning and so it just felt flat for me plus the actual matches just felt like bog-standard tv matches for me.

Plus HHH's acting was so cringeworthy when he called him "pop".

I wasnt expecting Punk to be on it nor did I want him to be on it but without him RAW has got a huge hole to fill. And the fact that Cenas not fired yet again leaves us thinking that stipulations in WWE really are meaningless. No wonder people just dont buy into it anymore.

I agree about the quality of matches in the tournament but when you have to fit that many matches into 2 hours (plus adverts), they were never going to be anything but bog-standard really. I was thinking perhaps they should have had an 8 Man Elimination match as the main event but then we probably would have had to sit through the usual Diva/Santino filler crap.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:15 pm

you not think Vince will get Punk to rejoin and he and punk will try to regain control of the WWE ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Watched Raw... what a let down, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:48 pm

How cab they put on the best show in years one night then the next night put on a show that is that shite?
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Or maybe it just seem shit cos it followed MitB?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:54 pm

they was never going to top that show but they done what they been doing for the last couple of weeks and closing the show on a good and strong promo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:17 pm

I don't think the final promo was as good as the pre-MITB promos.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:18 pm

No Shit Sherlock!
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:20 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
No Shit Sherlock!

And the point of that statement was???

Just because there was no Punk doesn't mean it can't have been good.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm

The thing I don't get about last nights Raw, which I reckon you guys on here might be able to explain to me... HOW CAN A GUY WHO OWNS THE COMPANY BE FIRED?

The vote of no confidence thing made sense and if he choose to step down as a result, that would make sense, but this?

I just don't get it as he owns the company and surely that makes him higher than the board of directors which if i'm not mistaken, work for Vince, so if thats the case how can they fire Vince and promote HHH in his place?

...yes this is me looking to much into it again.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm

A board of directors can remove the chairman/CEO except in this case Vince owns more than 50% stock so they wouldn't get it though.

But HHH said family agreed so could argue they used the 'McMahon's vote to oust him'.

Probably looking to much into it!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:59 pm

bet linda has something to do with it, as she could use his vote

and probably cant be fucked with politics now lol.

Any chance paul Hayman could be the laptop GM btw? as he and punk together would be fucking worth watching

i might now watch what happened on raw, when does the main shit happen, start and end of the show or just the end?
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
bet linda has something to do with it, as she could use his vote

and probably cant be fucked with politics now lol.

Any chance paul Hayman could be the laptop GM btw? as he and punk together would be fucking worth watching

i might now watch what happened on raw, when does the main shit happen, start and end of the show or just the end?

Vince basically recaps what happened at MITB at the start, warns Cena about "severe consequences" and how this is going to be a night we will never forget. The end is when he goes to fire Cena, Triple H interrupts etc.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Rocky wrote:
feяgie22 wrote:
No Shit Sherlock!

And the point of that statement was???

Just because there was no Punk doesn't mean it can't have been good.

You said you dont think it WAS as good.
Which is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Quote :

At the end (say last 5 or 10 minutes).

BTW I saw on on a wrestling news site that something happened after Raw went off air between Cena and Mcmahon then other WWE stars came in.

Last edited by Worthy on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

After Raw:

Quote :
Vince McMahon removed his jacket, tie, and belt and acted like he wanted to fight. John Cena's music hit and out he came Cena got in the ring to talk to Vince, who said, "Screw you" and slammed the mic down. He slapped Cena and knocked his hat off.

Cena backed Vince into the corner, then Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, and The Miz ran in and beat down Cena. Santino Marella, Evan Bourne, and Zack Ryder hit the ring and made the save. All of the heels powdered, leaving only Ziggler in the ring with the babyfaces.

Cena hit Ziggler with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Sanctio hit The Cobra. Ryder hits his finisher. Cena gave Ziggler the Attitude Adjustment, and Bourne nailed his finisher. The babyfaces powdered and celebrated with the ringside fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raw 18/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw 18/7/11   Raw 18/7/11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raw 18/7/11
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Wrestling Forum-
Jump to: