Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Impact Wrestling

Go down 
+3
feяgie22
Mackem
Worthy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Before I start, I know there was a thread about this somewhere, but I can't find it and i've looked all over, so if you do find it, just delete this thread and post my comment below there.

Just spotted that TNA's Facebook page has been renamed Impact Wrestling with a new logo and also when you click on info it lists the website as impactwrestling.com instead of tnawrestling (yet the website still has the TNA logo).

Now I thought Hogan confirmed on his twitter that Foley worded it wrong and it's only Impact thats getting a new name and logo, but the change of web address and Facebook name change seems to suggest it's the TNA name as a whole thats changing?

As for this IMPACT WRESTLING name, I personally believe this is nothing more that a piss take aimed at WWE trying to drop the term wrestling and I couldn't stop laughing when they kept saying “wrestling's making a come back” because I didn't know it went anywhere? taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:53 pm

They should of just kept it as TNA IMPACT. Keep on going on about bringing wrestling back is silly. Yes, they want to get one up on wwe but they are going about it all the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:21 pm

I think it is a dig a WWE but the TNA name is shite and not got much to do with wrestling anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:56 am

the bring wrestling back is in spite of hogan and his politics, purely kayfabe, although enough cross over with reality for die hard smarks. The full name on tna logos etc as it was, is as follows 'total non stop action wrestling impact!' definatly needs a touch up that does. And as wwe wants to remove wrestling, tna want to add it more prominently. This also makes sense if people are looking for wrestling online. But it's mainly just tna trying to make it up to their old fans and try to make impact about wrestling, i mean since bischoffs top ten idea faded away, it seems the title is just defended vs anyone who makes a noise, not someone who's won some matches. Not much will change, but it might start to make more sense
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:30 am

feяgie22 wrote:
I think it is a dig a WWE but the TNA name is shite and not got much to do with wrestling anyway.

Yeah it is they thought of it a couple of days after WWE got rid of wrestling in there name so they thought they'd show they are and always will be a wrestling company unlike others
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:00 am

Who cares?

Until the company books what hey do with logical storyline progression, push the right guys at the expense of the veterans and what they screen actually makes sense, their name doesn't matter a bit.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:34 pm

What about Xplosion will that get wrestling added to its name

ps. Desmond Wolfe was named the Commissioner on Xplosion.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Watched the PPV last night and the amount of times they said the word “wrestling”, seriously it is starting to get annoying, maybe we should turn it into a drinking game and take a shot glass for everytime the word “wrestling” is mentioned (you'd be pissed after the Mick Foley segment alone).

So apparently “wrestling matters”... what so it didn't used to matter then?

It's clear this is in response to WWE avoiding the word wrestling so it can compete with UFC (give it up Vince as WWE and UFC are two diffrent things and you'll never turn MMA fans into WWE fans), so I see what TNA are trying to do by catering for the anti-WWE market who's fed up with all this “superstar” and “entertainment” talk, but when your 30 minutes into a TNA PPV and upto this point you've only had one match, surely having Mick Foley doing a long promo about wrestling is kinda stupid at this point.

Seriously if “wrestling matters” then sort your shit out, especially these points:

Like a Star @ heaven Have the X-Division go back to it's old roots where “it's not about weight limits, it's about no limits” so big names like RVD, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, etc... can go for it and be proud to hold the belt as the TNA eqivilent to WWE's Intercontinental title as I remember when the X-Division was the main draw at TNA (an X-division match even headlined a PPV at one point) as opposed to a poor mans cruiser weight division that we have now (perhaps have the current small X-Division guys fight for the TV title instead).

Like a Star @ heaven Drop all them pointless post show response videos (especially the 5 lots we get at the end of Impact) as i'm sure everybody can wait until next week to hear such and such feel about what happened on the show... especially if you fit in another match.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:00 pm

I despise the car park shit at the end, what the fuck's that all about?
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:15 am

Quote :
It's clear this is in response to WWE avoiding the word wrestling so it can compete with UFC

I don't think that's true at all. I think it's the complete opposite, Vince realises that viewers don't have much reason to watch 'fake' wrestling in the WWE when they can watch real wrestling in UFC. I think he is trying to market WWE to a completly different group of people, i.e. the larger market. That's why they do their film deals, and they get involved with all the kid's programs and stuff like that.

If they were trying to compete with UFC, in that same market, surely they would push the wrestling aspect like hell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:26 am

InvincibleIleak wrote:
Quote :
It's clear this is in response to WWE avoiding the word wrestling so it can compete with UFC

I don't think that's true at all. I think it's the complete opposite, Vince realises that viewers don't have much reason to watch 'fake' wrestling in the WWE when they can watch real wrestling in UFC. I think he is trying to market WWE to a completly different group of people, i.e. the larger market. That's why they do their film deals, and they get involved with all the kid's programs and stuff like that.

If they were trying to compete with UFC, in that same market, surely they would push the wrestling aspect like hell.

Totally agree. They wouldn;t have pushed the PG thing, banned blood either - what would be the point if you can see it all on UFC? Why would anyone want to want UFC-Lite?

Vince is trying to position WWE as an entertainment company, rather than just a wrestling company.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:51 am

This is in response to the last 2 posts and it's hard to quote both on Wii internet.

I agree with you both as WWE should be building up the wrestling more to compete with UFC, but what I was trying to point out with my previous comment was the fact most UFC fans hate WWE (see the reaction Brock gets just for his WWE past) and i'm guessing thats why Vince is like trying to push the “male soap opera” side so he can say “WWE and UFC are two diffrent things, so it's okay to watch both” as opposed to WWE pretending to be real athletic wrestlers and UFC fans/amature wrestlers getting mad at at them.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:54 am

there was fuck all wrestling on the tna ppv, to make a harsh point. Just people rolling about in the crowd and ALOT of striking. But atleast they toned down the x division to 10 minutes of headlocks, that IS wrestling. Weird ppv. Crimson is looking like a good prospect, looks like their bigger version of orton, even his music is a similar style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Impact Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Wrestling   Impact Wrestling Empty

Back to top Go down

Impact Wrestling
Page 1 of 1