Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Holloway has stake in Adam sale

Go down 
+3
podegarudo
Grecian
hodge13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Holloway has stake in Adam sale Empty
PostSubject: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Blackpool insist a clause in boss Ian Holloway's contract stating he is due a percentage of any transfer fee from the sale of Charlie Adam is insignificant.

Tangerines chairman Keith Oyston agreed the clause, which does not contravene any regulations, with Holloway when he took over as manager in May 2009.

Oyston said: "This is insubstantial and insignificant. There is no situation."

Holloway has denied the clause means he is holding out for a higher price for midfielder Adam to boost his bonus.

Blackpool's influential skipper has attracted bids from Liverpool, Aston Villa and Birmingham during the January transfer window, with Holloway particularly critical of the £4m bid from the Reds for his 25-year-old Scotland international.

The 47-year-old is keen to keep Adam, who has handed in a transfer request, at Bloomfield Road.

However, he stressed that any transfer cut he would be due, would be tiny in comparison to the bonus he would receive for keeping Blackpool in the Premier League.

He told the Sun: "My chairman looked at my record of producing players and selling them on and he wanted that at Blackpool.

"And I was sick and fed up of getting nothing... so he agreed a certain figure. But I'm on a far bigger bonus to keep us in the Premier League.

"And surely anybody with one eye, one arm, one leg and half a brain can see Charlie Adam is a fantastic footballer who is worth more than £4m.

"If you're saying I'm doing this because I'm getting 20-30% of the Adam money I'll not be very happy - it's miles away, absolute nonsense.

"I bought a frustrated kid from Rangers, we bought him very wisely, and in 18 months we've gone from 16th in the Championship to 12th in the Premier League with his help."

Adam, who joined then Championship side Blackpool in August 2009 from Scottish Premier League side Rangers for £500,000 will have 12 months remaining on his contract in the summer.

----------

Interesting everyone will say this is why Holloway has ridiculed £4m bids for Adam despite him only having played 16 games in the top flight
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Adams's is their best player, by some distance. Without him, can they stay in the Premier League? If they stay up, that's worth £20 million next season in TV money alone... if they don't, there's a 20 million gap in their finances, and one very saleable asset.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Adam is good, but not good enough to have a £4m offer called disgracefull
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 pm

But he's worth more to them than £4 million. Can they sign anyone to replace him? Not on the money they're paying. If they lose their best player and drop, they lose a shed-load of TV money, much more than the 4 million they'd get for him.

if he was just a squad player at, say Chelsea, then no, he's not worth that money. But as the playmaker, captain and best player of the smallest club in the Premier League, he's worth a damned sight more.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 pm

wouldnt say they will get £4m in the summer for him though, with the time other clubs have to buy players they wont look at more than that for him
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:49 pm

i dont see this as having an effect on him not being sold yet, despite his relative inexperience in the top flight, he is certainly worth more than 4m to blackpool as he will be a key part in them staying up, i cant see him leaving in this window, as i dont think anyone seems to want to offer much more for adam

in the summer could be a different matter though, he will only have 12 months on his contract, and will probably only go for about 5m, which wont matter too much to blackpool, as they will have secured their status in the premier league
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Not being funny but if he was English and was playing the way he has this season, the media would be going nuts about him being the next big thing in English football and his price tag would automatically double.

He's worth his wait in gold for Blackpool, he is what makes them tick.

Seen alot worse players than him go for a hell of alot more money than £4mil that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:39 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Not being funny but if he was English and was playing the way he has this season, the media would be going nuts about him being the next big thing in English football and his price tag would automatically double.

He's worth his wait in gold for Blackpool, he is what makes them tick.

Seen alot worse players than him go for a hell of alot more money than £4mil that's for sure.

do you mean worth his WEIGHT in gold Cool
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Capital letter to start a sentence.

Thanks for totally missing the point though. nice.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:45 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Capital letter to start a sentence.

Thanks for totally missing the point though. nice.

Should be Nice as your starting a new sentence Very Happy

And your welcome Razz

Did take on your point though, just when i've watched Charlie Adam i've never thought much of him.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:47 pm

I think Charlie Adam is a good player, but is he in a poor Blackpool team? Will he be as good in another team, i.e. Liverpool?

Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:00 pm

He is the best player in that poor team though, and they are doing pretty well so far.

That must tell people alot.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:02 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
He is the best player in that poor team though, and they are doing pretty well so far.

That must tell people alot.

Aye I know, but will he stand out like that in another team. I'd love Sunderland to sign him!
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:07 pm

I can't see him being a stand out player in say, liverpool's team. But just because he wouldn't be the stand out doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good player for a top side.

I think a Sunderland or a Villa would be perfect for him, Liverpool would be to big of a step up atm.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Yeah I think he will be a good signing for us. We need a creative midfielder. I'd say he is worth around 7m at this point.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Deffo agree with you on that figure. £12mil is way to high but the £4mill that was offed is way to low considering the prices payed for alot of other average players.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:42 pm

i dont think he would look out of place if he were to join us, but the problem he would face is that our 2 best CMs are attack minded, and with us having to rely on skrtel until carra comes back, most fans wouldnt be entirely comfortable with adam as our sole defensive midfielder
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Dont care as long as Rangers get alot from it.

10% sell on clause.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:03 pm

dont see why liverpool are after him tbh, roy hodgson signed players who would be great for fulham, adam is another who fits that, but now it's king kenny after him..

unless he sees him as the ideal alonso replacement finally? maybe if it was 4 million it would be no risk if it failed, but a side like sunderland or villa as said above would be more realistic and tbh better for the player i'd think.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 pm

yeah, i certainly see him as a sort of replacement for alonso, i do still hold some hope for aquaman to come back and be the guy to do it, but he seems alot better suited to italy and he will more than likely stay there

i think holloway was expecting a bidding war to erupt between us and villa, driving the price up close to the 10m mark and then he would be justified in selling him

i dont see sunderland often, but i always thought that henderson would be a player that would develop into that playmaker role for you
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:33 pm

but he isnt a replacement for alonso, i said it sarcasticly.

you need to spend 20 million for a world class playmaker who is not yet made it big but has potential to.

Adam signing for more than 4 million to you would be really showing your lack of ambition. 4 million low risk, but also a bit pointless imo.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 pm

a big money signing isnt allways the answer, look at what a great success our last 20m playmaker was

its worth giving him a chance, he can pass, put a tackle in and has a decent shot, we only have gerrard who can do all 3 for us

and if this keeps poulsen away from the first team the player is automatically worth 20m+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holloway has stake in Adam sale   Holloway has stake in Adam sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Holloway has stake in Adam sale
Page 1 of 1