Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Xbox Kinect

Go down 
+4
feяgie22
thegunman84
Horizon
Mackem
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 pm

What is it? Is it similar to the Nintendo Wii? Does anyone know much about it and is it worth a purchase as a replacement for the Wii fit?
Back to top Go down
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:57 pm

it's a wii without the control. it uses a camera that detects all your body movements. so basically you are the control. heard from loads of people that its bollocks though and that playstation move works much better.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:00 pm

The Kinect system does work really well, although you do need to be a fair bit back from the camera in order for it to properly map your movements. not just motion control either, there's a bunch of other stuff like facial and voice recognition I think. Don't think there's any good games for it yet, just the usual stuff you'd expect to see on the Wii, but if developers put in some effort, then it could be pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:58 pm

so to sum up. it's a gimmick that will wear off pretty soon
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 pm

I dunno if I'd say it's a gimmick that will wear off pretty soon. The Wii is still going strong years later, so this and the PS Move will likely be the same. Both MS and Sony have the chance to do what Nintendo failed to do though, and that is to use the technology for more than casual gaming, which if they're successful could become the blueprint for the future of gaming.

Kinect is obviously the most advanced of the three motion control technologies available, but at the price they're selling for just now, I'd say it's not worth your while. Maybe once the price drops it will be a worthwhile investment, but I definitely reckon it's the sort of thing you should take a wait and see approach too rather than jumping in as soon as it launches.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:32 am

The wii is not going strong. I bought one a few years ago and sold it a week later because it was so terrible.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:48 am

So its not going strong cos you dont like it?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:35 am

Kinetic uses a camera ontop of the TV and instead of using a controller you do movents with your body, but as pointed out already, you need to be a fair distance away from the TV for it too work (so for me it's back to the Wii as I don't have the room for it).

The Playstation Move on the other hand uses a Wii-mote like controller, but to make it more accurate it has a motion capture ball ontop (although I don't if this is more accurate than Wii Motion plus as nobody is mentioning that).

The thing that annoys me about all these Wii like stuff that are coming out is the games are more adult like and surely i'm not the only one thinking "why couldn't they have released that on the Wii with poorer graphics?" as i'm tempted to get a PS3 with move just for that game called FIGHT which is a bloody, violent and more adult version of Wii Boxing.

On the other hand though atleast we get more multi-platform games instead of everything being only X-Box 360 and PS3 or stupid kiddy crap and party games (plus we get ,ore adult Wii games that use the Wii Mote such as UFC Fitness trainer).

BTW There is two Wii games that come with a camera and work just like the XBox Kinetic (Raquet Sports and Your Shape, both by Ubisoft) and they both have not been very successful, but that could be just because they are better Wii games in that genre (ie, Wii Fit).
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:59 am

The PS move is more sensitive than the Wii
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:46 am

Does that include Wii Motion Plus as that makes the Wii Mote alot more accurate so I hear?
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Xbox Kinect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Kinect   Xbox Kinect EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:26 am

Dunno
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid