Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Help Please?!?!

Go down 
+4
Sexton Hardcastle
thegunman84
JacMan
Saint Jimmy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:25 pm

I've recently got the three red rings of death on my Xbox, I have quite a lot of games for it and I'm thinking of buying a new console when I get paid in a week but I'm wondering what would be better to do, get a new Xbox or PS3?

I've had PS2 and One and loved them and wanted to get the third but because of delays and my PS2 breaking I got an Xbox 360. Because I have a lot of games for the Xbox now, I dont know whether to get a brand new one and run the risk of it breaking again because I will have to buy brand new games for the PS3 or get a PS3 which I havn't heard anyone have problems with. I have friends who have are trying to get me to buy another Xbox and vice versa and some who have had both and they give differing opinions on which is the better console. So basically I'm asking for opinions and help on which I should get please. I dont to start a big fight over which is better, will be more value for money, if you've seen any decent offers about and which console has the better games and I just need opinions and your help.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:31 pm

PS3.

Only ever had one problem with it, was it didnt read discs but got a replacement as it was under warranty. Free internet is the main thing aswell, try trade in your games or if you have receipt take them back and get the full price back for them.

Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:44 pm

How long have you had the console for? As Microsoft extended the warranty to three years if it's the RROD, if you're still within that period send it off to Microsoft and they'll get it repaired for you for nothing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:32 pm

new xbox does look nice i have to admit, but ps3 is reliable and less "gamer twat" orientated, although alot are coming over too now.

both have alot of positives, but i'd say playstation has less negatives, which matters when you pay alot for some kit. Plus free online gaming and the move looks kinky if you like that kind of thing. got 3d gaming enabled the other day too, if you have a 3d tv lol.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:46 pm

personaly if you have alot of games for it you might as well get a new xbox
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks everybody. Still pritty confused though to be honest because I think the PS3 has more positives but I will save money on the Xbox. Im leaning more towards the PS3 at the moment with the free internet.

Also, Im kind of out of the loop with whats new games wise, any recommendations?

By the way Sexton, "gamer-twat orientated"?
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:57 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
How long have you had the console for? As Microsoft extended the warranty to three years if it's the RROD, if you're still within that period send it off to Microsoft and they'll get it repaired for you for nothing Very Happy

Im out of warranty unfortunately. I've had it for over 3 years now Sad
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Well if it's out of warranty, then all I'd say is that if most of your mates have one console then get the same one if you're wanting to play online.

Having worked with both consoles, the only negatives that I can think of for the PS3 is the lack of memory on it (basically meaning it can display less objects on screen at once, hence why the PS3 version of Bayonetta sucked balls), and the utterly abysmal trigger buttons on the controller, they should have just stuck with the PS2 controller design.

Negatives for the 360 is graphics which aren't quite as good as the PS3, but it's not really a huge noticeable difference, and the need to pay for playing online (although you do get what you pay for in the form of more reliable servers).
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Saint Jimmy wrote:

Also, Im kind of out of the loop with whats new games wise, any recommendations?

what type of games do you like ?
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:24 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
Well if it's out of warranty, then all I'd say is that if most of your mates have one console then get the same one if you're wanting to play online.

Having worked with both consoles, the only negatives that I can think of for the PS3 is the lack of memory on it (basically meaning it can display less objects on screen at once, hence why the PS3 version of Bayonetta sucked balls), and the utterly abysmal trigger buttons on the controller, they should have just stuck with the PS2 controller design.

Negatives for the 360 is graphics which aren't quite as good as the PS3, but it's not really a huge noticeable difference, and the need to pay for playing online (although you do get what you pay for in the form of more reliable servers).

Yer im thinking PS3 at the moment. I get paid this weekend so I think I'll pop down to HMV and try and get a deal on it with some games thrown in hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:31 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
Saint Jimmy wrote:

what type of games do you like ?

I like beat em ups like Tekken, Smackdown etc, adventure games like Tomb Raider, sandbox games like GTA and like some of the comic book character games like Arkham Asylum which was my favourite game to play on the Xbox. The last GTA game I actually got though was Vice City Stories on PS2 Shocked theyve had new ones since then havn't they apart from GTA 4, does anyone know if their any good? And the UFC games?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm

assassin's creed brotherhood
if you get a PS3 Uncharted 1 & 2
Dead space is alright
red dead
ill list more later i have a lesson now
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:39 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
assassin's creed brotherhood
if you get a PS3 Uncharted 1 & 2
Dead space is alright
red dead
ill list more later i have a lesson now

Ive played on the first Assasin's Creed and I thought it was ok.
A mate of mine got that Red Dead and said it was great.
I may have a look into the others
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:29 pm

I got the demo of UFc 2009 which was really good in my opinion. Pretty easy though, I dont know if you can adjust game difficulty in the actual game.

Gta 4 was great in my opinion. The story mode wasnt as good as San Andreas but the graphics are superb and multiplayer was soo adictive. Another bad thing was no aeroplanes due to 9/11. I presume aeroplanes will be on gta 5.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:16 pm

Take it apart, take the hard drive thing, wrap it in warm towels for a couple of hours, problem fixed (temperly) so the cunt at my work says but he's a stupid dick.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Aye the towel thing works for a little while, but eventually it ends up fucked beyond repair as doing that can cause some of the chips inside to overheat. May as well do it for the time being I suppose, but definitely gonna need a new one.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:37 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
Take it apart, take the hard drive thing, wrap it in warm towels for a couple of hours, problem fixed (temperly) so the cunt at my work says but he's a stupid dick.

Hmm, I dont know, specially if its only temporary, thanks anyway for your help like Smile
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 pm

gamer twats, like they call eachother "noobs" and whine on the mics etc. like geeks without the education and too much sugar?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Sexton you noob Laughing
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 3:24 pm

I got the red rings a few month back, seems OK now though.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:21 pm

get that cream from the doctor then disco i take it?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:35 am

Still a tad itchy....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Please?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please?!?!   Help Please?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Please?!?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Forum And Videos :: Discussion's :: Gaming Forum-
Jump to: