Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)

Go down 
+3
the-gaffer
JacMan
Grecian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) Empty
PostSubject: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:53 pm

As debuts go, pretty impressive. Not so much the in-ring performance, but him beating Mysterio by submission was a bit of a shock.

Anyone know when Rey last tapped out? I'm struggling to think of one...
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Country : Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) Scotland-2

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:04 pm

sorry I posted an article about him while you were writing yours. I'll just merge mine with yours.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't know how many of yo have seen Smackdown yet, but if you get a chance, I recommend a watch. Not for the actual wrestling eg Kofi and Ziggler has been done to the death and Gallows and Serena vs Kelly Kelly and Big Show speaks for itself.

However i enjoyed most if not all the backstage segments.

I have never seen Del Rio before but I knew he was from Mexico. When he came out I was a bit shocked, I was expecting a Rey Mark 2, with a mask and being of cruiserweight build. His build is great though, I read on 606 someone compared him to JBL. While I appreciate Del Rio is good on the mic, I wouldn't say he is on JBL's level but there is potential there, especially with the money jibes and family jibes at Rey. The match itself was very good, lovely submission by Del Rio, which proved his athleticism as well as his power. I read he has caused problems backstage but wwe feel Rey is one knee injury away from retiring so hence the possible push for Del Rio.

Kanes promo was excellently delivered, It was a nice touch to show Taker's matches over the years, which surprisingly included a victory over Hulk Hogan. Kane stated this was a 15 year plan to rid the WWE of Undertaker. I am not sure how long this feud will last, I see possibly Survivor Series finale where Taker retains belt after winning at HIAC, ( Taker wins by DQ at NOC) I think wwe have done reasonably well, while it does not feel fresh, it feels more of a storyline behind this feud rather than the feud in 2003/2004 which was poorly done, from watching videos on youtube.

Jack Swagger repeated what i said, going from WHC to not appearing at Summerslam in 2 months, the guy is wasted in my opinion and he has been lumbered with MVP who has become my new R Truth. I despise MVP since his face turn and have become bored with the guy who entertained me so much when he was feuding with Batista for the US Title prior to Mania 24.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Fucker, I wrote a big massive reply to this then when I went to post you merged and fucked it up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:11 pm

On my article?

Sorry bout that
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Country : Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) Ireland

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm liking Alberto Del Rio. I didn't catch the whole of Smackdown but I am disappointed with the direction the SES are taking. From a great faction to four people on the brink of fighting with each other just shows how much they are wasted.

As for Del Rio. I was particularly impressed with his flip into an arm bar. I've seen the arm bar applied in UFC and I must say it looks like it fucking hurts. Rey tapping was a good debut win for Del Rio and I just hope he isn't ruined.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Grecian wrote:

Anyone know when Rey last tapped out? I'm struggling to think of one...

Off the top of my head. Kurt Angle at Summerslam 2002 ( great match by the way )

edit: in the promo of mania 22, Angle made him tap, not sure if it was in an actual match though and he tapped in the actual match although ref was distracted.

Last edited by JacMan on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Country : Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) England-1

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Very impressive debut. The Rolls Royce and personal announcer were nice touches and show that they are trying to push this guy which is great as he impressed in the ring and the submission victory was pritty good, something which is very seldom seen in the WWE outside of Cena matches. Seemed pritty good on the mic too.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Its one of the few times a face taps and it always comes as a surprise for example undertaker tapping to CM punk
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:17 pm

The Undertaker didn't tap to Punk though
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:20 pm

bollocks i forgot it was that screw job thing (where did they even go with that)
i only remembered it from Punk mentioning it in a promo from somewhere
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:27 pm

I thought personally the highlight of the show was Kanes promo.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler)   Alberto Del Rio (contains Smackdown spoiler) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Hardcore Waffles wrote:
bollocks i forgot it was that screw job thing (where did they even go with that)
i only remembered it from Punk mentioning it in a promo from somewhere

The only place it could go