Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

NXT series 3 confirmed

Go down 
+6
Mackem
Perfect Jack
Horizon
hodge13
feяgie22
JacMan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

NXT series 3 confirmed Empty
PostSubject: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:21 pm

-- Florida Championship Wrestling, WWE's developmental territory, issued a press release for an upcoming show acknowledging that there will be an NXT Season Three. The press release is promoting a show on September 5th in Kissimee, Florida and states, "The action packed card will feature 8 matches featuring some of the stars of WWE's NXT Season 2 and 3, along with select Superstars from Raw and Smackdown. The always popular FCW Divas will also be in action." NXT Season Two's finale is in two weeks on August 31st. With NXT scheduled to air through October 1st until Smackdown takes over on SyFy, it would appear that WWE is looking to get at least one more full season in.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:41 pm

I read that the 3rd season will be 4 guys & 4 birds.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:46 pm

will Brett DiBiase have recoverd from his injury by then?
Back to top Go down
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:54 pm

haven't watched WWE in ages but I remember everyone not liking the idea when it was revealed. What's everyones views about NXT now? Is actually any good?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:58 pm

good way of exposing new talent in my view, as long as it's done right eg like Nexus
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:00 pm

are the nexus good then?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:24 pm

The Nexus are decent and it's a good way of exposing talent to get over.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Agree with Hodge. I'm not big on the new comers. Only watch and read about wwe and tna so its all good from a personal point of view
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 pm

I quite like NXT actually, it has an edgier, more unpredictable feel to it and Cole is gold as the whiny nerd heel
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:23 pm

It's a pretty crap show really, fuck knows why I actually watch it. About 90% of the guys on it have no business being on tv yet, they are far too green.

And Nexus good? taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:37 pm

I'd say the Nexus are fresh, that's the main thing they have going for them at the moment. Apart from Barrett, I don't think the rest of them are that good, Gabriel would have been great if the cruiserweight division still existed though.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Gabriel has a 450 splash and that's about it really. Barrett is reasonable enough, but the angle stopped being fresh after about 3 weeks and it's been boring and predictable as fuck ever since.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:51 pm

I am losing interest in the angle don't get me wrong.

I just like seeing alternative wrestlers main eventing on the pay per views from time to time. Raw has been overloaded with the likes of Cena, Orton, Batista and HHH in the past. That's what I meant by Nexus being fresh and despite the finish at Summerslam, I feel that match was match of the night along with Rey and Kane.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Gabriel has a 450 splash and that's about it really

Gabriel's wasted as a heel. For me, he's a natural face, and I'd like to see him paired with Matt Hardy in a proper tag team, chasing the belts.

Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:08 pm

JacMan wrote:

I just like seeing alternative wrestlers main eventing on the pay per views from time to time. Raw has been overloaded with the likes of Cena, Orton, Batista and HHH in the past. That's what I meant by Nexus being fresh and despite the finish at Summerslam, I feel that match was match of the night along with Rey and Kane.
There was more than just the finish that was done badly in that match, it was booked in such a way that only Skip Sheffield from the Nexus actually looked capable of hanging in there with the RAW big guns. Everybody else looked weak, either getting beaten really quickly or only getting a pinfall on a RAW guy by some sort of cheap finish (just like their method of rebuilding them on RAW on Monday Rolling Eyes ) which clearly made them look like they weren't on the same level as the other guys. Not that I particularly want to see them in the main event anyway, but if they're gonna do it, at least make them look competitive.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:14 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
JacMan wrote:

There was more than just the finish that was done badly in that match, it was booked in such a way that only Skip Sheffield from the Nexus actually looked capable of hanging in there with the RAW big guns. Everybody else looked weak, either getting beaten really quickly or only getting a pinfall on a RAW guy by some sort of cheap finish (just like their method of rebuilding them on RAW on Monday Rolling Eyes ) which clearly made them look like they weren't on the same level as the other guys. Not that I particularly want to see them in the main event anyway, but if they're gonna do it, at least make them look competitive.

Thats the thing though for me. IF wwe was real, how could they expect rookies, who have little or no experience to beat the likes of John Cena, Chris Jericho and Edge cleanly. They have 24 world titles between them, it wouldn't make sense for a rookie to dominate and beat them cleanly. That's why I like the way they got Edge and Jericho eliminated, despite it being rather cheap as you said.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Heath Slater pinned Edge and Jericho within a minute of each other, you can say what you like about him or how it came about, the fact he not many other guys will be able to say that, let alone say they managed it at one of the WWE's biggest PPV's, that done him the World of good, no one will remember how he performed or how he even got eliminated, the fact is he pinned two guys who where in the WHC Match at WrestleMania a few months ago and he did it in a minute
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:31 pm

JacMan wrote:
Thats the thing though for me. IF wwe was real, how could they expect rookies, who have little or no experience to beat the likes of John Cena, Chris Jericho and Edge cleanly. They have 24 world titles between them, it wouldn't make sense for a rookie to dominate and beat them cleanly. That's why I like the way they got Edge and Jericho eliminated, despite it being rather cheap as you said.
That's exactly why I wouldn't book the angle in the first place, they are not ready to be performing at that level.

The-Gaffer™ wrote:
Heath Slater pinned Edge and Jericho within a minute of each other, you can say what you like about him or how it came about, the fact he not many other guys will be able to say that, let alone say they managed it at one of the WWE's biggest PPV's, that done him the World of good, no one will remember how he performed or how he even got eliminated, the fact is he pinned two guys who where in the WHC Match at WrestleMania a few months ago and he did it in a minute
Yeah it's true that he can claim that, and the majority of the kids that WWE caters to now aren't likely to remember how it went down, in fact they've probably forgotten already. But certainly from a personal perspective, it's all about the details, and it's done nothing to make me all of a sudden think that Slater is any better than any other lower card guy. Until he or any of the other guys actually get a meaningful win that actually shows them to be on the same level as the guys they are facing, then I don't see any reason to give a fuck about them.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Slater has had a few big wins to be fair, he isn't a guy I really like, but for some reason he has always been booked well be it on NXT or in Nexus, those wins are something he can refer back to, those pins over Edge and Jericho, and lets face it, if you don't consider that to be meaningful then I doubt he'll do anything to make you change your mind but those pins can elevate him if the WWE use them, I can't see the WWE using them right now, both Edge and Jericho are heel and with Slater playing a heel too then I doubt a heel will shout about wins over other heels even if they are on the opposite side.

I'd also agree that most of Nexus are not ready for this kind of push, however thats why it was so compelling in the beginning, it was fresh and very very unexpected.

For me though, I'd rather long term see Jericho and Miz have a faction with NXT1 winner Wade Barrett and NXT2 winner Alex Riley

Use Jericho as the top man for 6 months with Miz just below him, then have Jericho step aside and start to assist Miz while Barrett and Riley continue to learn from the old master (Jericho) and the new Main Eventer (Miz) and see if they can replicate with Riley and Barrett what they did with Batista and Orton
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:53 pm

I don't think I explained myslef clearly there, sure beating Jericho and Edge is a big deal, but I feel that cheap wins like that severely lessen the impact. By meaningful win, what I should have said was a clean victory over somebody higher up the roster than the likes of a Mark Henry, heels need to win cleanly too, which seems to be forgotten by the writers a lot of the time.

I'm not against a cheap win now and then, but there were far too many in that match, and for them to follow that up with a whole bunch of cheap wins again on the Monday when they're supposed to be rebuilding them, doesn't really do them any favours.

I like your idea for a Jericho & Miz lead faction with their rookies (even though I think Riley is pretty crap in the ring), as they can slowly build them up that way. The problem with the Nexus angle is that they instantly thrust them into the main event and booked themselves into a hole: either they go all out with their booking of the Nexus to be on par with the main event guys, or they end up looking like jobbers.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm not sure if they've booked themselves into a hole intentionally, and I know that sounds daft because no-one books themselves into a hole intentionally, I just think and its only my opinion that Triple H was probably a big part in the whole thinking of where Nexus is going, I know he got injured, I'm glad if they where going to use HHH though that they didn't just throw someone else into that role for the sake of it, I don't think SummerSlam hurt Nexus at all, even though they lost, I really don't think it was that bad, mainly for the reason you say, they aren't good enough yet to be considered equals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NXT series 3 confirmed   NXT series 3 confirmed Empty

Back to top Go down

NXT series 3 confirmed
Page 1 of 1