Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Best News of The Summer So Far

Go down 
+5
Rocky2
hodge13
Mackem
InvincibleIleak
Discopants
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Best News of The Summer So Far Empty
PostSubject: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Quote :
England striker Emile Heskey has announced his retirement from international football.

The 32-year-old was part of England manager Fabio Capello's much-criticised squad that exited the World Cup in South Africa in the second round.

Heskey made his England debut against Hungary on 28 April, 1999 and earned 62 caps, scoring seven goals.

"I have enjoyed every moment of my England career and worn the shirt with pride," the Aston Villa forward said.

"I would like to thank every manager I have played under, everyone at the FA and the fans for all their support over the years.

606: DEBATE
He played better than Rooney at the world cup and he does have his strengths, such as bringing others into the game

TheGunnerTB

"I wish the management team and the playing squad all the best for the future."

Heskey was also part of the England squads at the 2002 World Cup as well as the 2000 and 2004 European Championships.

He started every game at the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea and grabbed a goal in the second round against Denmark before England were eliminated at the quarter-final stage by Brazil.

Heskey made one substitute appearance during Euro 2004, at which England were beaten on penalties by Portugal in the last eight.

The former Leicester, Liverpool and Wigan forward then spent three years out of the international set up before being recalled by Steve McClaren for the national side's unsuccessful Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

In South Africa, Heskey failed to score after starting against the United States and Algeria before coming on as a substitute against Slovenia and Germany.

Heskey's England goals
June 2000 v. Malta
February 2001 v. Spain
September 2001 v. Germany
June 2002 v. Denmark
May 2003 v. South Africa
March 2009 v. Slovakia
June 2009 v. Kazakhstan

Heskey had gone into the 2010 World Cup on the back of a frustrating season for Villa as he struggled for first-team football.

However, he had been a regular starter during the qualifying campaign and Capello kept faith in him in South Africa as he paired Heskey with Wayne Rooney in attack.

Heskey divided opinion with his inclusion in Capello's first XI, with critics arguing his strengths as a target man were not matched by his finishing ability in front of goal.

And, despite teeing up Steven Gerrard for the opener in the 1-1 draw against the US, he failed to take a late chance to win the match.

His final appearance came in the 4-1 defeat by Germany, coming on 19 minutes from time with England already trailing by three goals.

Best News of The Summer So Far Yay
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:00 pm

To be fair, he can be proud of what he achieved, 4 major tournaments, and for some reason all the England managers do see something in him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:03 pm

I'm pleased for him. He has done the right thing and saved himself a lot of stick because apello would of kept on playing him.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:08 pm

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Now the rest of the team should up their game otherwise they can join Heskey...
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:44 pm

im sure we'll miss his 7 goals in 62 appearances
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Disco

Daryl Murphy

Help me out, for some reason Celtic look like they are ready to sign this guy, why? I've no clue, for me he looks weak, slow, sluggish and lazy

So save my sanity, is this an accurate description of this guy or have I got him all wrong, what good points has he got?

£1.3m just feels like Sunderland are trying to get their money back they gave us for Stan Varga
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:20 pm

He is truly truly awful I'm afraid. A kinda hybrid forward/winger and shit at both, fluffs so many chances too.

Scored one of the best goals I've seen past Wigan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Xofyd3dKI) but don't let that fool you.

He was hit and miss at Championship level but utterly shit in the prem. Stokes was a far far better prospect than him, if Celtic do offer that much we should bite their hands off for it, I'll pack his bags for him.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:22 pm

So, losing McGeady and gaining Murphy.

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Discopants wrote:
if Celtic do offer that much we should bite their hands off for it, I'll pack his bags for him.

and i'll drive him up there!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Grecian wrote:
So, losing McGeady and gaining Murphy.

Ouch!

Aiden McGeady is a very talented boy but he has only ever had one really good consistent season in the six he has been a professional, in 2007/08 when he won the Player of the Year, I've seen far more talented and far more productive players at Celtic over the years who didn't get anywhere near the media attention he gets, if he was half the player he thinks he is I'd be gutted if we lost him, the thought of getting £10m for him fills me with optimism

James McFadden for £3m would make any fans who have been conned by him soon forget, thats a story doing the rounds that I hope is true
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm

As for Murphy, cheers Disc, I'd already seen enough to form an opinion on him, just wanted to back it up before I start telling him he is pish when he comes up for signing talks
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:35 pm

My god, you've actually done it, this really is the best news of summer:

Quote :
Daryl Murphy has joined Celtic from Sunderland for a reported fee of £1.5m.

The 27-year-old striker, who is a Republic of Ireland international, has signed a three-year deal with the Glasgow club.

Murphy is manager Neil Lennon's fifth signing of the summer, with five players also leaving the club.

Speaking ahead of the transfer's completion, Lennon told philly.com: "He's quick, he's six foot two and I've watched him a lot for a few years now."

"He was playing for Ireland in an end of season tour in America, he caught my eye and I've kept an eye on him ever since.

"I think he'd do all right, he could take the hits for us up here."

Murphy joined Sunderland in 2005 and had a loan spell with Ipswich last year, scoring six times in 18 appearances.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:21 pm

I bet he scores a fair few up there.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:50 am

Mackem wrote:
I bet he scores a fair few up there.

Get yourself to fuck
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:51 am

Discopants wrote:
My god, you've actually done it, this really is the best news of summer:

Quote :
Daryl Murphy has joined Celtic from Sunderland for a reported fee of £1.5m.

The 27-year-old striker, who is a Republic of Ireland international, has signed a three-year deal with the Glasgow club.

Murphy is manager Neil Lennon's fifth signing of the summer, with five players also leaving the club.

Speaking ahead of the transfer's completion, Lennon told philly.com: "He's quick, he's six foot two and I've watched him a lot for a few years now."

"He was playing for Ireland in an end of season tour in America, he caught my eye and I've kept an eye on him ever since.

"I think he'd do all right, he could take the hits for us up here."

Murphy joined Sunderland in 2005 and had a loan spell with Ipswich last year, scoring six times in 18 appearances.

Good luck!

Heard it was nearer £800,000 but still to much for that dud
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:00 am

maybe he wrote the chairman, get me d.murphy quick. And thats what he came back with. Hence his lackluster interview. ' yeah he'l do okay or whatever/who the shit is this guy?' or that some players in new surroundings hit it off. Higdon the moose scored how many for a shite team in scotland? But could not but it in league 1...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:03 am

Higdon is absolutely shite, he scored a couple of goals for a shite team, thats a big difference between playing for Celtic, when the opposition try and kick you off the park from the off and they load the defence and give you little or no space or time on the ball, if you play with a shite team then you get more time and space from the opposition

He had the same goals to games ratio in the SPL as he had with Crewe

19 goals in 73 starts in the SPL
10 goals in 36 starts with Crewe

The worrying thing for me is Lennon has actually said he was seen this player, surely seeing him would be the reason not to sign the useless arsehole
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 am

Odd threads on the Sunderland boards, everyone's saying "glad he's gone, he'll do well up there!"...

Balls. The SPL isn't the greatest league but I'd wager good money you've got your hands on a goalless benchwarmer for the next few years.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm

key thing will be who he is as a person, he may not be the best, but it could work out for him. And yeah higdon is shit, was a promising AM, once, but he just got fat and fouled people instead of controlling the ball. Fucking annoying, if you are shit make up for it with work rate and team work, not being a twat
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Discopants wrote:
Odd threads on the Sunderland boards, everyone's saying "glad he's gone, he'll do well up there!"...

Balls. The SPL isn't the greatest league but I'd wager good money you've got your hands on a goalless benchwarmer for the next few years.

I hate that bullshit, the league isn't the best but most of the clowns who dismiss it haven't got the foggiest how tough it can be, when you play for Celtic or Rangers the majority of the teams pack the defence and midfield, have no intention of going forward and kick everything on grass, they defend ultra deep too, you need to be Paul Daniels sometimes to get a bit of room, I've lost count of the amount of players who have came up here from England and have failed miserably
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best News of The Summer So Far   Best News of The Summer So Far Empty

Back to top Go down

Best News of The Summer So Far
Page 1 of 1