Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread

Go down 
+4
feяgie22
JacMan
Rocky2
CoughSplutter
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CoughSplutter
Vince calls you realising his mistake
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread Empty
PostSubject: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Today is the day that the greatest Tennis show in the world begins -Wimbledon. Yes, its strawberries and cream season as the top players in the world of Tennis compete for the holy grail.

As I write this 6 time champ and defending champion, the great Roger Federer is 2-1 to Alejandro Falla, is a shock on the cards for the greatest of all time?

British eyes will of course be fixed on Andy Murray as he hopes to go one better than last year and make it to the final of Wimbledon. Also flying the flag for Britain this year are Anne Keothavong, Elena Baltacha (Now out) Katie O'Brian and the two young girls, Laura Robson and Heather Watson. Will it be the year for one of them?

This years Wimbledon prepares to welcome back Rafael Nadal after last seasons injury caused him to miss out and Justin Henin and Kim Clijsters who retired from the game and came back last season, with fantastic results thus far.

CoughSplutters Predictions:
Mens Winner - Andy Murray
Mens Runner Up - Andy Roddick
Womans Winner - Serena Williams
Womans Runner Up - Justine Henin

CoughSplutters keep your eyes on:
Novak Djokovic
Jo Wilfred Tsonga
Tommy Hass
Robin Soderling
Nicolay Davidenko

Kim Clijsters
Nadia Petrova
Elena Dementieva
Maria Sharapova
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Federer has just leveled at 2-2 and it looks like the Fed express with be rolling into round two.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:09 pm

After looking at the draw, I have changed my predictions:

CoughSplutters revitalised predictions

CoughSplutters Predictions:
Mens Winner - Roger Federer
Mens Runner Up - Andy Murray
Womans Winner - Serena Williams
Womans Runner Up - Justine Henin
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:11 pm

I haven't followed most of the recent results (although I do know Nadal won the French Open, surprise!) but am looking forward to Wimbledon. Don't know how much of it I will watch though, with the World Cup and all that.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:16 pm

I think pressure will be off Murray a bit as he stated it is more calm during the world cup because he doesnt carry the whole nations expectations.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Mens Winner: Nadal
Runner UP: Federer ( I hate Murray)
Womens Winner: Venus
Runner Up : Serena
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:23 am

What a first day at Wimbledon, from what I saw of it anyway.

16 year old Laura Robson definately looks like a bright young star for the future as far as British tennis is concerned with a gutsy defeat against former world number one Jelena Jankovic. Despite losing Laura pushed Jankovic all the way and she certainly raised her profile worldwide.

Tomorrows games (big) and CoughSplutters predictions:

K. Nishikori vs R Nadal - Easy win for Rafa.

J. Hajek v A. Murray - Again, easy win for Murray, expect big things from him at Wimbledon.

R.Soderling v R.Ginepri - Soderling, being one of my ones to watch, cant see past him. Can see Ginepri getting a set though.

Serena Williams v Michelle Larcher De Britto - Tough test for my favourite girl Serena against a girl known as "The Grunter" but Serenas experience should see her to victory.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Gotta feel sorry who ever loses this :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8753437.stm

Isner Vs. Mahut

54 - 54 in the 5th set

playing for over 9 hours or something lol
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:26 pm

just been watching that and i dont like tennis in particular what a match in a shit kinda way
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:42 pm

im going murray vs nedal final

murray knocking federer out in semis and i hate to say it i can see murray winning this year
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:44 pm

The way the draw is, it will be Nadal Murray in the semis with Federer waiting in the final. In an ideal world that is, any of them could go out but that is the way it COULD go.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:49 pm

murray couldnt win a fucking mint
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:51 pm

What happened with the stupidly long match?
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Day 3 of the greatest Tennis tournament in the world has come to an end and what a record breaking day it was.

It wasnt just the scourching sun that was setting pulses racing but it was a game on court 18 between American John Isner and Frenchman Nicolas Mahut. Records were broken left right and centre and after two days the match is tied at 2-2 and the final set ties at 59-59. The third set alone surpasses any match played. Absolutely amazing.

The Fed Express rolls onto round three after a comprehensive straight sets victory against Bozoljac with Hewitt, Rodick and Djokovic also winning their matches.

In the womans side, wins for contenders Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin.

Match of the day - John Isner vs Nicolas Mahut (going into 3rd day tomorrow)
Shocker of the day - Thomas Mayer beating Mardy Fish 3-1
Celeb of the day - Bruce Forsyth
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Discopants wrote:
What happened with the stupidly long match?

Still going on, 59-59 at the moment. Resumes tomorrow
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:00 am

oh right didnt no how it was set out in that case federer - nadal final

off topic but disco how did england get on in there ODI against Australia i missed it
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:01 am

Day 4 look ahead:

Day 4 at the All England Club is welcomed by the visit of H.R.H the Queen, who will be watching over preceedings. Here is the pick of the day.

Andy Murray is first on Centre Court with his second round match against Finnish Nieminen. With the Queen watching over, will Murray be inspired to produce the goods?

Rafa Nadal is also in action against a Dutch man called Hasse. Cant see anything but a Nadal victory.

Robin Soderling and Queens champ Sam Querry are also in action tomorrow.

Women - Caroline Wozniaki, Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova play..

CoughSplutter predictions
Andy Murray to beat Nieminen in straight Sets
Rafa Nadal to beat Hasse in straight sets
Robin Soderling to win
Sam Querry to win
Sharapova and Williams to win
Wozniaki to lose

*Laura Robson is also in action in doubles.*

*End of that long game - Predict a John Isner victory*
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 am

CoughSplutter whens Federer on next ?
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:08 am

Be Friday I think, it should be anyway.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 am

boschbourne06 wrote:

off topic but disco how did england get on in there ODI against Australia i missed it

Won by four wickets, we were pretty average but Morgan got a ton to save us.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 am

cool i'll have to sky plus him as i have sixth form all day friday Sad
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:17 am

Discopants wrote:
boschbourne06 wrote:

Won by four wickets, we were pretty average but Morgan got a ton to save us.

good, good on course to keep the ashes ?
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:49 pm

fucking hell lol
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Just finished 70-68 with John Isner coming through
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:53 pm

3rd set ends 68-70 to Isner. Credit to Mahut too. And I don't agree with the commentators saying "we will never see anything like this again", I know you probably aren't meant to take it literally but for all we know, the very next match at Wimbledon 2010 could last longer than this.

Wish it had carried on though, either to over 100 games for both players or onto a 4th day lol.

Just watching it now, have they ever done something like this before (give special momentos/recognition for a non-final match).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread   Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2010 Official Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next