Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Tapping up of players

Go down 
+3
Sexton Hardcastle
Junior
hodge13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Tapping up of players Empty
PostSubject: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:02 am

Have literally just experienced it first hand, Guy from the rival cricket team around here started talking to me on facebook, was telling me that i should feel wanted as a player and that he would sign me for his team. This attention coming strangly enough a week after 1 good performance against his team stupidity

He was bigging his team up so much talking about all the players they were signing and how they were a club going places where my current one isn't.

He basically told me that my current clubs players were just trying to keep me down by making me think i was boardering being in the 1st team and giving me the sunday team captancy to make me feel involved at the club.

To be honest it was one of the funniest experiences of my life, as i have no intention of leaving my club no matter what and my general opinion most the time while he was talking was Up Yours lol
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 am

do you get a wage?
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:15 am

I wish, this is just at local level

It did just get me thinking though about professional clubs pinching other clubs young players etc,

sort of like Fabregas if you know what i mean, Barca couldn't offer a pro contract yet and Arsenal could and came in with the offer for him and Barca got peanuts for him, and there must be a fair amount happening with young english players aged like 17 or so
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:18 am

wouldnt be illegall but still very immoral and good for you sticking by youre guns but if LOCAL cricket is dodgy imagine how fucked world football is Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:33 am

what a bitch, he sounds like one of them religious salesmen. Your current one is bad, against you, join the brighter side of life. Sounds a right tool
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 am

That is really interesting.

Here in Ireland in gaelic games which are amateur at all levels, players are pretty much tied to their clubs for life. Even players who move house many many miles away generally remain with their clubs. Those that change are the exception rather than the rule.

Over the last few years, our brightest and most promising stars have been shamelessly poached by agents representing Aussie rules teams. They could offer a life of a professional sportsman in a sunny climate at a time where jobs are scarce in Ireland.

A few lads have gone on to be very successful. Many more fail to make it in the new sport. Its sold as an experience as much as anything else for the lads, but there is no material benefit to the GAA at all for these avaricious professional sports teams to come in and take the players our clubs have so carefully nurtured.

The level you are at is where your facebook suitor has placed a higher value on winning, than winning alongside your friends. Its where ambition has got the better of the pure joy of sport.

Its largely why I have fallen out of love with soccer to some degree. Professional sports don't inspire loyalty from anybody other than those that financially and materially support those teams. Agents, managers and players actively whore themselves around the place to such an extent that I don't know that its even fair to apply the same moral standards to a group of people who operate in their own vacum.

Well done to you and keep enjoying your sport for what it is. A source of joy, pain, misery, whatever, but you are doing it for the love of doing it. no more. Long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:49 am

Tapping you up, or...

Grooming?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:26 am

Grecian wrote:
Tapping you up, or...

Grooming?

Don't really see how it can be grooming as i've only ever talked to him a couple of times scratch unless i have misunderstood the term.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:44 pm

I think he was amking refrence to you not being at a professional club and you being very young hence he doesnt care about youre ability's and may just want to nail you and cricekt is an excuse to get you there.......ibielve that was his point
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Junior wrote:
I think he was amking refrence to you not being at a professional club and you being very young hence he doesnt care about youre ability's and may just want to nail you and cricekt is an excuse to get you there.......ibielve that was his point

I know him well enough to know he's not like that.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:56 pm

wow my spelling was poor there and i was a joke ffs no one actually belives you get touched up by men chill
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

taking th piss out o

...Groomed.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:29 pm

So this is what Flintoff gets up to when he isn't stealing pedalos... cherry
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:58 pm

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tapping up of players   Tapping up of players Empty

Back to top Go down

Tapping up of players
Page 1 of 1