Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?

Go down 
+6
Mackem
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
Discopants
the-gaffer
thegunman84
adingoatemybaby
10 posters
AuthorMessage
adingoatemybaby
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
adingoatemybaby

Number of posts : 103

4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? Empty
PostSubject: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:43 pm

since TNA have changed back to 4 sided ring do you think this has helped or hindered or neither performances in ring?

And what about the ramp?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm still undecided about the ramp, on one hand I like the old school touch of having it there but it really is unnecessary other than it makes it easier for Hogan to actually get inside the ring.

As for the ring itself, I always quite liked the 6 sided ring, but it was very rarely ever used to its full effect. Many people were also put off watching TNA because of the weird looking ring so changing it was fair enough in my view. Only complaint is that there is now less room around ringside making it harder for their high flyers to pull off crazy dives to the outside. All in all though I'd say it was a good decision though.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:00 pm

I never liked the 6 sided ring, a more traditional four sided ring gave TNA a more serious and professional feel to it IMO

The 6 sided ring was a gimmick that got old pretty fast IMO

Not a fan of the ramp, its very old school to be fair but it just doesn't feel old school, like Guns said, it makes it easier for Hogan to get in and out of the ring and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the sole reason its stuck around

As for ramps, I've never been a big fan of ramps, I like the wrestlers coming out of the curtain and walking to the ring deep inside the fans, it gives it a more hostile feel to it for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Ring is irrelevant really, the 6 sides were utterly pointless as there was nothing different done within it.

Ramp on the other hand is quite tasty I reckon, can get some well nice spots with it. TNA need to stop seeing WWE/WCW as the model of the way it should be done, originality will be key to them succeeding.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:51 pm

I wasn't a fan of the 6 sided ring going, as id only seen TNA use the 6 sides (I know they haven't always had 6 sides, but they had since I started watching) and thought it was part of TNA. But it hasn't made any difference switching, and as Gaff said, 4 sides looks more professional.

The ramp I don't like. As it restricts the outside dives. How can Super Mex (when he returns) fly over the ropes onto a crowd of opponents?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Hey Theres New Jack! RUN! wrote:

The ramp I don't like. As it restricts the outside dives. How can Super Mex (when he returns) fly over the ropes onto a crowd of opponents?

Do it on the left Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:20 pm

It don't leave for much room though. He would land smack on the guard rail at the height and distance he gets?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:18 am

I'm not a fan of the ramp. When guys are running down to the ring to save the day / interfere, they have to stop to get through the ropes instead of running at speed to the ring and sliding under the bottom rope.
Back to top Go down
wfbud420
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
wfbud420

Country : 4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Texas Number of posts : 147 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, Hulk/Hollywood Hogan, Undertaker, Mankind, Lex Luger, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, The Miz, Diesel, Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:10 pm

The ramp reminds me of WCW, and I was a WCW fan first, so if they want it, it can stay. The 6-sided ring was a great idea to me. So many different places for rope related maneuvers and definately a feeling of unpredictability. I'd like to see them do that again.
Back to top Go down
WykidWill
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
WykidWill

Location : FloriDUH Number of posts : 18 Favourite Wrestler : Great Muta, Sting, Ric Flair, Terry Funk, Raven, Mikey Whipwreck, Tajiri, The Great Sasuke, Hyabusa, Mr. Pogo, Undertaker, Kane, Bryan Danielson, Desmond Wolfe. Etc.

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Honestly I HATED the six sided ring, it looked tacky and was never used to it's full potential. Rings like that are made for Lucha Libre style wrestling where most of the match is a spot fest.

TNA made the right decision going back to the four sided ring.

And as far as the ramp goes I like it, it's got an old school feel to it. And it can be useful for good crazy spots like powerbombing people through it, stuff like that. Even tho you can't do it all the time, it still looks cool when it does happen.

And as far as run ins TNA can be different, instead of sliding under the bottom rope guys ran run and jump over the top nailing whoever is in the way,
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:48 pm

I didnt mind the six sides. I prefer the conventional 4 of other companies but I just liked TNA using the 6 sides as I just thought it made them stand out against the other companies and have a bit of originality like the way that ROH used to have the Pure Title (which in my opinion they should never have got rid of but they have became a bigger company since then) which had the 3 Rope Break rule and 20 Count, it just gives us something different. The 6 sides didnt work all that well mind because not much was done that couldnt be done in a 4 sided ring.

The ramp I hate. I think it just looks really tacky and cheap. I prefer just a conventional ramp with just the flat floor in between the curtain and the ramp to the ring like the way RAW is. I know TNA want to be different but IMO it just looks really crap and with the fact that the wrestlers are now restricted in what they can do it can only be a bad thing. Thats just my opinion anyway
Back to top Go down
wfbud420
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
wfbud420

Location : Texas Number of posts : 147 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, Hulk/Hollywood Hogan, Undertaker, Mankind, Lex Luger, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, The Miz, Diesel, Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:35 am

Love the Metallicats image Jimmy. Brings back memories.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:11 pm

wfbud420 wrote:
Love the Metallicats image Jimmy. Brings back memories.

Lol yer it makes me laugh every time
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:21 pm

I prefer the six sided ring as it was what helped boost the X-Division and also with AJ styles, Samo Joe, Daniels, etc... maineventing, it gave TNA that Luchalibrea feel which if you don't know already, i'm a huge fan of high flying spotfests and if TNA was to keep the 6six sided ring (and use it alot better like they used to when it was first introduced) then it would work perfectly, especially with RVD and Jeff Hardy in the company.

That being said if the Douglas Williams X-Division storyline is proof itself, it's that Hulk Hogan does not like the high flying style of wrestling which put the X-Division on the map (presumebly because most are small and Hulk couldn't even climb to the top rope).

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with the four sided ring (I do hate that walk way though), I just prefer the six sided ring as they were so much stuff you can do with it, plus I loved the six sides of steel matches too (the smalled walls ment it didn't have as much give as a four sided cage).

In all honesty though TNA has toned down the high flying stuff as of late (i've not seen a tower of power 5 man suplex thingy for ages) and even AJ styles has been watered down with his Ric Flair gimmick, so as things are the four sided ring is perfect for what Hulk is doing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?   4 sides or 6?  what about the ramp? Empty

Back to top Go down

4 sides or 6? what about the ramp?
Page 1 of 1