Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Red Dead Redemption

Go down 
+8
Discopants
C4lum
Junior
n2k-swb
Sexton Hardcastle
Grecian
thegunman84
boschbourne06
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Red Dead Redemption Empty
PostSubject: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:28 am

Anyone Got this was playing round my girlfriends last night on her 360 and it was amazing game much better than GTA im bout to go get mine for the PS3 ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Got my free copy in the post yesterday, not opened it yet but will probably play the multiplayer a bit as that has been done pretty well. Found the main story to be quite boring with most characters being completely uninteresting (with the exception of Marshal Johnson and Landon Ricketts) which is pretty much just like GTA IV. As far as western games go, I'd probably rank it slightly above the Call of Juarez games but not even close to Gun. Probably give it a 7/10, but that's only once you factor in the multiplayer stuff, the story itself would only get a 6/10 from me.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Started on it this morning. Pretty good so far, but a bit slow. Most reviews I read say it gets much better, but the horse lassoing is well annoying!
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Sold out everywhere getting more in tomorrow looks like i'll be round my girlfriends playing it until i get mine
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:41 pm

tell her to not apply fake tan cos its sunny!!
Back to top Go down
n2k-swb
Wrestling Mates in living room
n2k-swb

Location : Plymouth Number of posts : 69 Favourite Wrestler : *Gnome Chompski*

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:23 am

Its a great single player game, i think the graphics a spectaular but the game is plauged by glitches and bugs galore! after about 15 hours of game play you start to get used to the pathetic little things that make you wonder if it was ever put into quality control mostly getting stuck in the enviroment or thinsg failing to load properly. (one example i entered a race during the story in which the horses were stuck in the ground and violently shaking untill they either slammed under the ground or fly in the air and forced the poor rider into oblivion but to be fair i pissed my self laughing at that one) but its a huge game so certain bugs are to expected i guess thats the only negative i can find with sinlge player. The rest is absolutely awesome and i dont think il tire of this game for a long time yet. The game is so immersive and you can lose hours just sat at the poker tables trying to cheat (if your shit at poker like i am) or running around hogtying innocent women and leaving them to die under a train, my favourite thing to do is lasso some poor geezer and beat 10 bells of shite out of em. I actually have no effing clue what the story is about mind you i tend to skip cutscenes but its something to do with being a badass and killing people, what else does a cowboy do?
Multiplayer has about 20 minutes of playing time before it becomes mundane and boring, the elements that make single player fun are sripped leaving three things left, hideouts where you can form a 16 man posse and kill NPC's, form a 16 man posse and go hunting wild animals or deathmatches. Im only speaking from xbox experience but other players can be complete pricks and tend to shot you while your trying to complete a hideout which offers no logic due to the fact it offers just 10xp...(a small amount)
If your looking for decent MP this game isn't for you, but if you want a decent GTA equivilent set in the 1800's america then this is the best you'll get for a long time. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:47 am

Iv got it Very Happy staring at me through the plastic sheet probally play it tommorow from what iv read its class but then from what actuall people say it's good but overated but very much looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
n2k-swb
n2k-swb

Location : Plymouth Number of posts : 69 Favourite Wrestler : *Gnome Chompski*

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Overrated generally because of the appauling multiplayer, i swear Rockstar are paying reviewers off just like Edios did. Its very much like GTA4 getting absolute brilliant reviews which i thought was bullshit because the game was total shite compared to S.A or V.C, the graphics were awful for its time and Saints Row 2 had done everything so much better, but because GTA is now a 'brand' it gets more publicity. Its definatly worth playing through even if for a few hours because it is a lot of fun, i've been playing for 15 hours and i reckon 10 of those were taken up riding from town to town. Not trying to taint your expectations, its just my opinions.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Thats why i used tax's lol in gta . GTA i only got to second ireland as i just found the niko charcter so boring and gay tony stroy is so much better.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:58 pm

still sold out near me
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Awsome game, i only like free roam games tbh and this is alot better than GTA, the storyline is brilliant, the ending is fucking sweet aswell, the only bad thing about this game is everyone uses autoaim online, hope they update that shit
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:05 pm

i finally got mine & im loving it like the poker inside it although its easy once you have a rabbits foot i was in the middle of no where hunting & i was aiming at a deer at the moment i pressed R2 to shoot my horse ran across taking a bullet to the head Razz took forever to get back to town
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Proper torn between this and UFC 2010, never buy new games but I'm well up for both of these.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 pm

UFC 2010 pretty much is the same as 09 apart from more head movement & you can put them up against the cage
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 pm

I honestly can't believe how much people are actually liking this game to be honest. I'm convinced it must just be people getting taken in by the hype as it is an average to good game at best. Boring characters, a story that's full of holes, single player that is piss easy, the dead eye mechanic is essentially pointless as it is never actually needed because the game is so easy.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 am

and its about cowboys. That itself is makes it seem old. Might rent one day
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 am

Red Dead Redemption Brokeback-mountain

Real Cowboys 8)
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:30 am

thegunman84 wrote:
I honestly can't believe how much people are actually liking this game to be honest. I'm convinced it must just be people getting taken in by the hype as it is an average to good game at best. Boring characters, a story that's full of holes, single player that is piss easy, the dead eye mechanic is essentially pointless as it is never actually needed because the game is so easy.

I love the characters in it, especially "irish"

have you completed the story? cant think of a game with a better storyline for the 360, especially the ending was a shock
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:33 am

i just meet irish hes pretty funny letting you carry the machine gun when your struggling & him not even bothered lol
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:04 am

One of the problems I've got with it is characters like Irish. They made a big deal about this game being gritty, realistic representation of the last days of the old west, and yet they can't help themselves but put in comedy characters that aren't actually funny, well except Jeb bu that's a side mission.

I think one of the reasons people seem to think the story was great is because the ending does happen to be a shock, and totally out of the norm for a game. However the storyline itself is full of more holes than swiss cheese, including the ending itself.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:44 pm

FINALLY! got round to starting it yesterday and i got stuck within quarter of an hour lol .

Im going to load it up again later and give it another bash , i had to race the lady round the ranch and as i was so far behind i failed :/ . The horse just kept chcuking me off though :S
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Then don't keep hammering the A button to make the horse go faster. Try 3 or 4 presses and hold until the horse stamina meter begins to refill a bit and repeat, should be able to do it no problem.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:15 pm

ah right i didnt evensee the hrose stamina meter till i just read manual thanks mate ill give it a try
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Done ! Very Happy although i still lost race lol

Off to see a marshall now Surprised
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 pm

what i do in races is tap the X button till the horses stamina goes in the red zone then hold X till it goes all the way back up then begin tapping again you win easy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next