Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Red Ring of Death?

Go down 
+3
thegunman84
macclads
Discopants
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:14 am

What exactly is it?

My Xbox lights went all read and turned off, I though this is the end Sad

Nothings changed though, everything's working fine now scratch

Should I be worried?
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:23 am

It depends on what kind of red ring of death you got.

If it's 3/4 full red ring of death then it's fucked.
You get two options.
1. Return to Microsoft and wait for replacement. It comes back with a free gold sub for a short period.
2. Wrap it in hot towels (it works).
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:25 am

It was 3 lights I think, it's out of warranty now though so I can't return it either. But everythings still working OK.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:27 am

As far as I'm aware Microsoft extend all the warranties pretty much indefinitely due to the high number that get fucked over with it.
I've had it 3 times.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 am

if it's the 3 red rings you can definitely return it to Microsoft for repair even after your warranty has expired. That is, unless you've been fucking about with it to play copied games and shit.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm

youre fine like macca said 3/4 rings youre done though
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Discopants
Discopants

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:55 am

Can't even remember, just saw red.
Back to top Go down
sirdanny
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
sirdanny

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 11 Favourite Wrestler : Orton and Batista from WWE

Amazing Red for TNA

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:09 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
if it's the 3 red rings you can definitely return it to Microsoft for repair even after your warranty has expired. That is, unless you've been fucking about with it to play copied games and shit.

Seriously? Ive had 2 xboxes both get the 3 RROD and both out of the warranty so I chucked them and got a PS3 (which is infinatly better- but let's not start that argument lol)
your telling me I threw away over £400 of gaming consols for nothing?! Shocked
Back to top Go down

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:18 pm

ps3 is definitely better. no break downs every year and free reliable online gaming. ive had my ps3 since it was released and have never had a problem
Back to top Go down
sirdanny
sirdanny

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 11 Favourite Wrestler : Orton and Batista from WWE

Amazing Red for TNA

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Off topic but how do you get to change your picture on your profile, and also add pics/quotes under each comment?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:39 pm

The Goodfather wrote:
ps3 is definitely better. no break downs every year and free reliable online gaming. ive had my ps3 since it was released and have never had a problem

i've had 3 PS3's one went when playing GTA a orange light came on & you couldn't reboot or turn on the PS3 another kept saying hardware not recognised now on my 3rd

Sony have been good replacing it for free plus my first break down gave me £250 on my GAME card to spend & the last break down just swapped consoles after a day and a half

online not very reliable my mates just stopped working & every now and then you get error codes if you had to pay i would want them fixed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:42 pm

well mine is probably just one in a million.the only ever problem i had online was at the start with the error codes but i put in a wireless adapter and ever since the connection has been top class.if you ever have problems you should try it
Back to top Go down
sirdanny
sirdanny

Amazing Red for TNA

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Ive had mine 6 months and not a sniff of any problems, set up on wireless and the connection is perfect. No problems or error messages so far so fingers crossed Smile
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 pm

The Goodfather wrote:
well mine is probably just one in a million.the only ever problem i had online was at the start with the error codes but i put in a wireless adapter and ever since the connection has been top class.if you ever have problems you should try it

yeah your one of those that got it on he day it came out and never broke down very few have theres from that day i remember it on watchdog and alot of my online mates who have had it since then had to replace theres
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:38 pm

ps3 talk Rolling Eyes Red Ring of Death? 256957
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:58 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
The Goodfather wrote:

i've had 3 PS3's one went when playing GTA a orange light came on & you couldn't reboot or turn on the PS3 another kept saying hardware not recognised now on my 3rd

Sony have been good replacing it for free plus my first break down gave me £250 on my GAME card to spend & the last break down just swapped consoles after a day and a half

online not very reliable my mates just stopped working & every now and then you get error codes if you had to pay i would want them fixed
There's a PS3 owner out there who actually admits that it also has issues? Shocked

Course it's nowhere near as faulty as the 360 (mine still hasn't broke though, fingers crossed), but the better online servers and additional RAM on the 360 swung it for me. Well that and Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
dmacca123
dmacca123

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 20 Favourite Wrestler : Triple H

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Had my 360 three years and it's been fine Very Happy. I know microsoft did extend the warranty of the consoles and I think now (in the UK) its three years. I can now see mine dying on me now the warranty has expired Sad
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 pm

sirdanny wrote:
thegunman84 wrote:

Seriously? Ive had 2 xboxes both get the 3 RROD and both out of the warranty so I chucked them and got a PS3 (which is infinatly better- but let's not start that argument lol)
your telling me I threw away over £400 of gaming consols for nothing?! Shocked

erm yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Ring of Death? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Ring of Death?   Red Ring of Death? Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Ring of Death?
Page 1 of 1