Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Sheamus

Go down 
+2
Worthy
Grecian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Sheamus Empty
PostSubject: Sheamus   Sheamus EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:20 am

So, the big Irishman has been WWE champion since TLC, when he defeated John Cena in a bit of a shock. On Sunday, he has his first PPV defence of the belt as champion, facing Randy Orton.

How is he doing as a champion?

When I heard he'd won, my immediate reaction was that it was far too soon for him to hold the big one. He'd barely been on Raw before winning the breakthrough Battle Royal, he seemed incredibly green (no Irish pun intended) and was destined to be another example of WWE pushing the wrong guy, just because he's built like a brick shithouse and mates with Trips.

However, I must say he's starting to grow on me. A lot of his offence looks devastating, I'm pleased to see the Razors Edge being used as a finishing move again, and - more importantly - WWE is booking him the right way. Putting him against Evan Bourne was a good move, a guy the size of Sheamus should destroy a guy the size of Bourne, and he has been. Orton will be a good opponent for him, I'm not sure if it will be an extended feud or just a time-filler until Legacy finally implodes, but even if it is a one-off PPV match, it should be good.

Sheamus certainly stands out with the complete lack of a tan (and being that ginger, the no-tan look is a smart move). He needs a real top-line feud over the belt to establish him as a real top guy (I'm hoping Trips will do for him what he did for Batista). Promo-wise, he's improving as he becomes more confident at it, although he's still only average - but is better than other guys who have been world champ before.

Any thoughts? Is Sheamus becoming a good world champ, or is it another case of too much, too soon?
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Sheamus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheamus   Sheamus EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 pm

People are saying Sheamus is good friends with Triple H so if he beats Orton and Triple H wins the Royal Rumble then it could be true.

I think he is a good champ so far although it is too early to tell.
Back to top Go down

Sheamus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheamus   Sheamus EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 pm

he is getting better by the week.i think he should have longer matches and some more promo time because as the champ of the show you barely hear of him the whole night.too much focus is on dx
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Sheamus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheamus   Sheamus EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm

I too think its to early to judge him as champ but the signs are good. I hope he keeps the belt for a while, past Wrestlemania, make him a major heel.
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

Location : Norfolk Number of posts : 189 Favourite Wrestler : Orton & Punk

Sheamus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheamus   Sheamus EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm

While I can't see him still having the belt passed Mania I don't think he has been too bad as Champion. His high impact offense is relatively over and it seem's he can work and talk.

My only problem with him is he isn't a big enough part of Raw each week.

Saying that having the title will get just about anyone over to a degree, I'll reserve judgement on him until he loses it and has to carry a mid-card fued with the likes of MVP.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Sheamus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheamus   Sheamus EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:50 pm

While I'll admit he has been better than I thought he would be as champ (although that may be down to his booking, not his actual performances), I still do not want him to even be in the title match at Mania.

Speaking of his booking, for me, it's refreshing to have the champion not dominate RAW as was the case with Triple H, Cena and Orton. It makes a change seeing the champ face new opponents such as Evan Bourne and not be part of the main event all the time.
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

Sheamus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheamus   Sheamus EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 pm

He's strating to grow on me a lot. I admit I haven't seen a lot of Raw recently but I saw a couple of clips the other night where he was straing Orton down from the entrance way and he looked good and imtimidating. I think he could do with a decent feud though. Him going against Orton week in week out wouldn't work and I don't want to see him going against Cena again just yet. It looks as if he's going up against Trips at Wrestlemania if rumours are to be believed. If he's allowed to go over in that one it could be good to build him up more which is only good in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sheamus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheamus   Sheamus Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheamus
Page 1 of 1