Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? Empty
PostSubject: Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?   Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Quote :
Thanks to ExpressNightOut.com for the following:

WWE wrestler Chris Jericho says he hopes Hulk Hogan helps TNA become a bigger company to give the WWE competition in the marketplace. Jericho says a stronger TNA would help WWE become better. “Anything that makes that company bigger is better for us,” Jericho told expressnightout.com. “Competition is what we thrive on, so good luck to them. I hope they get a real big boost from it.” Jericho has said in interviews recently that he feels WWE is at a “crisis point” when it comes to a lack of new stars. A strong argument could be made that WWE doesn’t have a sense of urgency to create new stars due to a lack of true competition. If TNA were to begin making a dent in WWE’s business, it could lead to a sense of urgency that has been missing from WWE’s business model for promoting and elevating new stars.

Jericho says he might consider taking time off early next year to tour with his band “Fozzy” after the release of their next album in January. “We did a lot of touring overseas: U.K., Ireland, Australia, Scotland — we did really good in those markets. I would be really interested in doing that again, but it all depends on what kind of timeline I have,” Jericho told Express Night Out. “You can’t spread yourself too thin because that’s when you really start losing it. That’s what I did last time: I just had so much going on that I started losing my mind.” Jericho took a hiatus from WWE in 2005 and returned in November 2007 after what he called mental burnout. “I wasn’t really mentally there, and if you’re not mentally there in this job you might as well just quit because you get hurt or you hurt somebody else,” Jericho said.

Jericho took time to write his autobiography during his hiatus and is currently working a second book detailing his WWE career. He says he is delegating some of the book-writing to others after writing “every word” himself in the first book. “The first one, I was a complete control freak,” Jericho said. “Everything was under my control. This time, I’m delegating a little bit of the responsibility just so it can get done. If not, it probably wouldn’t get done at all because I just don’t have the time for it right now.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
StaticTech
TNA debut
TNA debut
StaticTech

Location : New York City Number of posts : 903 Favourite Wrestler : UnderTaker
Shawn Michales
Triple H
John Cena
Chris Jericho
Edge
Randy Orton
Stone Cold
Mr Mcmahon
Kofi Kingston
Batista
John Morrison
Christian
Kurt Angle
Sting
Booker T
The Rock
Mic Foley
Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?   Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:27 am

Jericho sure have the right ideas there, because thats what we all want too. If the WWE gets competition they might improve their product and make it worth watching again.

If he's taking time off that would mean they are dropping the titles at Tlc. I read roumers of an upcoming cena/big show feud so it might happen.

I like Fozzy. I am a big fan but i only like a few songs. My Favorite song is Enemy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.statictechnet.blogspot.com
JJJohnson
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
JJJohnson

Country : Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? England-1

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?   Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:41 pm

Everytime I read something from Chris Jericho it just makes me like and respect the guy even more.He knows exactly what he is talking about plus he beat down Goldberg lol.

But seriously its a shame that Jericho will be taking time out but understandable.He is by far the best guy in WWE,world class and not afraid to put new talent over.

I think Jerishow will drop the belts around Mania time to hopefully a returning Edge and a re-united Christian but I think thats wishful thinking.DX will probably take the belts at TLC and then drop them like their nothing(this ruining everything that Jericho had done for the belts)

I then think Jericho will return for a program with Edge over the summer which should be a classic in the making.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?   Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Got to agree JJJ, the guy is just so smart

The way I see it going if he is going to take time off after WrestleMania is Edge returning and claiming he was the reason Jericho is a Tag Champ in the first place, he then teams up with Christian to win the titles at WrestleMania, Jericho being the bad loser blames Big Show then he slaps and disrespects Show, Show loses it and decimates Jericho causing Jericho to take a few months out, Jericho comes back around SummerSlam time and he either has Edge to feud with or Big Show
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Country : Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? Scotland-2

Number of posts : 362 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shelley, Robert Roode and Christian Cage.

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?   Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:29 am

Depending on when Jericho decides to take time out, anyone think WWE may suffer, even slightly, when they could possibly have Jericho, HBK and (possibly) Undertaker all taking time off after 'Mania? Add to that a probably injured Batista Wink
Back to top Go down
JJJohnson
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
JJJohnson

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?   Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:25 pm

I agree with what your saying Deej but I think that is solely WWE's fault.

Michaels has apparently hinted at another break after Mania and we all know Taker will end up taking time off if not retire aswell as Jericho taking time out aswell.

But the problem lies solely with WWE and their failure to make new stars,in 2001 WWE lost The Rock(to films),HHH(First quadricep),Benoit(neck i think)...arguably at their prime where just as valuable as the guys who will be out after Mania this year but it caused no issues whatsoever.

We had Austin,Jericho,Big Show,Angle,Kane,RVD,Booker T...thats only to name a few,aswell as an amazing tag team division and a solid IC Title division.

This isnt a "Lets get the Attitude Era Back" post,this is just saying that if you make alot of stars then you wont have the problem when injuries come around.

The likes of Christian,Drew McIntyre,John Morrison,Sheamus,Shelton Benjamin(personal opinion),William Regal to name a few are more than capable of stepping up if given the right opportunities and I think WWE needs to realise that...coupled with the fact that TNA will rise because of Hogan(again personal opinion) and this will cause WWE to need a better product with more stars.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?   Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Christian will move to smackdown or raw imo, and the return of Edge will in a small way fill the gap, that is 2 top performers moving onto main brands and imo people who could step up for short main fueds could be:

Ted DiBiase
Jack Swagger
Dolph Ziggler
Kofi Kingston (practically there)
Carlito
Drew McIntyre
Sheamus

any of these i believe could step up for a month or so to cover whilst the older guard take time off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?   Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010? Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Jericho taking time off from WWE in 2010?
Page 1 of 1