Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Bragging rights - HHH buries again??

Go down 
+5
Keeno125
the-gaffer
feяgie22
Spanner82
therustman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? Empty
PostSubject: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Well not too bad for a B show i guess, some good points and bad.

Miz v Morrison
After seeing the opening promo it kind of gave the result away as a Miz defeat would have absolutely buried him as a Janetty dud.
Decent match with a couple of blown spots though not massively noticable and covered well. I enjoyed it and hope that it will lead to more as I think they can both produce better.

Diva's match
Other than the outcome known to even up the scores was a good harding hitting affair IMO - yes I did write that about a divas match - I can barely believe it myself.

Fatal 4 way - Decent match outcome as I expected. Thought the heel turn could have been handled better at the start - no point for Josh Matthews being there and kept asking Rey the same questions - I guess that Big Dave was blown up after the match. I think this could have been done with Dave grabbing a mic. However the beat down was done well and lets hope it keeps him out of the title picture.

Raw v Smackdown
Plased about the outcome although obvious. Good match but once again HHH buries an up and coming Tag team. Just shows what a load of BS his powerslam interview was. Loved the way though after the pin HHH was still in the ring to been seen I guess and Finlay started to kick him out. Couldnt see HHH with camera view but judging by Finlay's reaction I reckon HHH was about to kick off but Finlay was having none of it.

Iron Man
Decent story throughout. The end was a jke I mean Randy avoids tapping out tfor 55 seconds then with 5 to go taps - I'm sure he could have managed 5 more seconds. Still at least the STF looked like it hurt ths time. Both took some good bumps and considering who it was managed to keep me watching for an hour.

Glad they set up a Kofi/Cody story and reckon a big survivor series match raw v Smackdown

So overall not a bad PPV - hopefully will be used to set up some SS matches. Not sure where either World Titles are going to go so the next couple of weeks should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Spanner82
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
Spanner82

Location : Hull, UK Number of posts : 98 Favourite Wrestler : Ted Dibiase Jr, The Miz, CM Punk, Kota Ibushi, El Generico, Davey Richards, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:25 pm

the best bit about the batista heel turn was the way he just calmly said 'i'm gonna rip your head off'
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:28 pm

The best bit on the whole show was when Orton looked like he shat himself when he banged cena's head of the pyro machine and threw him through the lighting lol
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:38 pm

I felt the Batista heel turn was absolutely pathetic, he had to basically spell it out for all the idiots who watch the show now, pure stupidity
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:46 pm

Woulda been funny if Big Dave'd just broke down in tears after he screamed " YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND "

Wasn't too bad a PPV, enjoyed the little bit of jucie that we'll need to savour until the next accident. Where's Bret when you need him, he was good at accidentally bursting people open. The heel turn, as soon s they did the interview after the matchw as so obvious. Was funny watching Dave stagger about after being Tombstoned. Thought it was funny with the whole HHH taking the piss outta Kofi's accent.
Back to top Go down
Gyro1780
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Gyro1780

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:51 pm

Just finished watching it as i was too tired to stay up last night. Was a pretty good show. Better than i thought it was gonna be.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Have to agree with you Gyro, it was better than I expected too, wasn't anything special though just better than expected
Back to top Go down
Bobby Roode
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Bobby Roode

Number of posts : 328 Favourite Wrestler : Robert Roode and James Storm. Braden Walker.

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:00 am

I'm undecided on HHH. He pisses me off at the moment burying people when it's not needed.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 am

I wouldn't call what he did a burial to be honest, he is one of the biggest names in the WWE probably only Cena and Undertaker compare name wise, he was fresh, he just made the hot tag, your expecting him to clean house, I say it was more like a big name coming in and proving why he is a big name, we going to say Kane and Show buried him since he never got any offense into them?
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:09 am

I didn't see a burial either but then I wasn't completely paying attention either so maybe I missed something.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good event - something a bit different to the norm. I think the best match was probably the Fatal 4 Way though I was quite surprised at how active the Undertaker was in it. Given his nagging injuries I thought he might sit out a good portion of this match but I guess that's not his style.

I also liked the heel turn from Batista though it was very clearly signposted by having Josh Matthews interview them both in the ring - something they hardly ever do.

The Iron Man match was better than expected too though the result wasn't too surprising.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:49 am

Triple H was not a burial! He came into the ring as a face with momentum and the crowd behind him, and did what any face would have done. Did Kofi bury Legacy by chasing them with a chair? No! Trips could have buried the Harts had he then gone on to pin them, but he didn't. As for lying in the ring at the end - he was selling the KO punch Big Show had just nailed him with. This was kind of the point I made about Trips in my article the other day, because of his connections, people just assume he's burying people. When in this case, he clearly wasn't.

Batista's heel turn was ruined for me by the 2 guys in the front row giving him a standing ovation when he nailed Rey. I think Dave could be a decent heel, if he keeps picking on smaller guys and wiping the floor with them, but backs away from fighting guys of roughly his size. Make him into a proper old-school bully heel, don't let him speak, and he could make a real go of it.

Iron Man match - I was genuinely surprised by it. I knew Cena would win, but didn't expect such a high-scoring match. I was a bit annoyed by the 30 second breaks after pins, and as Randy tapped with 5 seconds to go, shouldn't the clock have stopped when he tapped and them restarted with 5 seconds left?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Thats what surprised me, with 10 falls (can't count the last since it was at the end) they had 5 minutes rest, they also had an extra minute to glue up Cena.

I said the only thing I thought that would save this would be a high scoring finish, doesn't make sense though for Cena who can appear unbeatable at times to drop 5 falls in an hour, I know that looks like being pernickity, however looking at it from the way they want us to percieve him then Cena losing a fall on average of every 12 minutes for me wasn't realistic

I would have liked to see this match really put an end to Cena/Orton, the loss left it hanging, even though we know they wont go back their for a while it still left it hanging.

If Cena really ran away with it in the last 10 minutes I think it would have been better, have him win 8-5 or something, really put Cena out of the equation and end the feud properly

As for your point on Triple H, I agree with you, however what I was getting at in your article was that wasn't how I percieved Triple H, I take him on what I see, like Sunday definitely wasn't a burial, not in the slightest
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm

The burial line was a bit tongue in cheek (in the title at least)- just annoyed me a lot that it was the Hart Dynasty that he did it to especially after they looked so good in the match think I was still wound up over some of the shite he souted in the interview.

Although I do think he could have rolled out of the ring a little before he did though and just lie on the floor for a bit still was funny seeing Finlay kicking him out
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:06 am

The burial line was a bit tongue in cheek (in the title at least)- just annoyed me a lot that it was the Hart Dynasty that he did it to especially after they looked so good in the match think I was still wound up over some of the shite he souted in the interview

It made sense that he did it to the Harts. R-Truth and Matt are faces, Kane stopped him with the chokeslam (which, again, Trips sold well), Jericho as a heel team captain and main-eventer wasn't really an option. Which leaves the Harts, with Finlay (who's nowhere near as over with the crowd as Matt and Truth) in there as well. Plus there's not been a huge indication of a push for them either - if anything, they've been job boys for Cryme Tyme for most of their stint on Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bragging rights - HHH buries again??   Bragging rights - HHH buries again?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bragging rights - HHH buries again??
Page 1 of 1