Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Sad News On Piper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Sad News On Piper Empty
PostSubject: Sad News On Piper   Sad News On Piper EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:37 pm

As reported yesterday, WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was recently forced to pull out of a number of previously scheduled appearances as a result of a serious illness. In a sad update on the situation, I can confirm that his cancer has returned. However, this time it's believed to be terminal as he's not expected to live much longer. According to a well-placed source within World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon has informed creative to prepare to scrap a segment or two for next week's Raw as he is planning on running a few video tributes honoring the wrestling legend ? just in case. Piper, 55, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2006 after doctors found a cancerous tumour on a disc in his spine. Back discomfort had forced Piper to leave WWE's tour of Europe and return to North America in order to undergo surgery. In the weeks that followed, Piper spent the majority of his time in a local hospital, undergoing extensive radiation treatment in hopes of vanquishing the cancer that had invaded his body. While the cancer would eventually disappear, as noted, it recently returned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Sad News On Piper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News On Piper   Sad News On Piper EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Absolutely gutted
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Sad News On Piper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News On Piper   Sad News On Piper EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Oh wait a moment!

Quote :
In regard to reports floating around that WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, they are 100% untrue. In speaking with one of Piper's representatives today, I was told that while he has taken time off for health-related issues after wrapping his most recent film, he is not dying and he has not been diagnosed as that time with being terminally ill with cancer. I was told Piper was advised by his doctors to take a break from his work schedule and is doing so.
An official statement from Piper's representatives may be forthcoming, but in any event, no, Piper is not terminal with cancer.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Sad News On Piper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News On Piper   Sad News On Piper EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:53 pm

thank goodness for that glad he's fine
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Sad News On Piper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News On Piper   Sad News On Piper EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Not sure if I'd break out the party hats just yet, that first report was pretty factual, sure it could be made up but they went into so much detail about it, I'm holding fire on being happy at the moment, no smoke without fire and all that
Back to top Go down

Sad News On Piper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News On Piper   Sad News On Piper EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:55 pm

I think if Piper was 100% sure he was going to die he would not leak out a report denying the facts. I mean I think that if I was going die then I would make sure people knew, we are human beings we want people to feel for us.

Long Live Piper!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sad News On Piper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News On Piper   Sad News On Piper Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad News On Piper
Page 1 of 1